First realistic review I have seen

Gankdalf_

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if i wanted someone's review i would read up from paid professionals, not two nobodys that have played wow:rolleyes:

Why would you go to someone who is paid by a corporation/company to look for a review which should represent an average gamers view on the game?

Sorry finished the video and all I heard was 45 minutes of...

"Why can't I?"

Why can't I do this? Why can't I do that? This is too linear for me.

Then this game isn't for you, doesn't mean this game it bad it just doesn't suite your tastes. If you don't like the game that's fine all well and good.

Also I'd feel like he was less bias if he friend just played, shut up and followed instructions from the viewer and better yet.... LET THE REVIEWER PLAY.

Why can't I move my UI around?

Why don't I have target of target?

Why isn't there a dungeon finder?

You think these are things that are ok to not be in current MMO's? MMO's have a standard today..Bioware basically said screw the standard..live with what we give you. I'm sorry but if you're ok with an MMO in 2012 that doesn't have the basic's of every other MMO then I feel sorry for the future "standards" of MMO's.

Yes, we don't want a WoW clone like Rift, but we do want vital tools that every MMO already has..they have these tools for a reason.

Why would you go to someone who is paid by a corporation/company to look for a review which should represent an average gamers view on the game?

LOL seriously..

That guy probably get's his info from IGN and Xplay..the same people that gave MW3 a 5 out of 5.

REAL reviews are from the nobodies on forums and blogs. And yourself ofc.

Edited by Slomoshun

All reviews are accurate providing the reviewer is being honest. A 100% scathing review is accurate and a 100% positive review is accurate as well, provided it's honest.

Such is the folly of paying any attention to reviews. It's all opinion. It's a non-industry, I have no idea how it makes any money. Not just in games but music and movies too. Opinions... everyone has one, nobody cares about anybody elses.

Tbh i woulnt but then again how do i know they are average gamers. I make my own mind up, but i certainly wouldn't let another gamer decide for me, as opinions are just that. I just don't understand people putting up such crap on YouTube or their website....as if what they say really matters to anyone besides themselves.

Tbh i woulnt but then again how do i know they are average gamers. I make my own mind up, but i certainly wouldn't let another gamer decide for me, as opinions are just that. I just don't understand people putting up such crap on YouTube or their website....as if what they say really matters to anyone besides themselves.

Why do you bother posting? Because some people bother to read your posts. Same with reviews.

For some people it helps to see reviews, it doesn't take massive amounts of intelligence to start gathering common points between reviews and get rid of biased points.

Edited by HeroXx

Why do you bother posting? Because some people bother to read your posts. Same with reviews.

For some people it helps to see reviews, it doesn't take massive amounts of intelligence to start gathering common points between reviews and get rid of biased points.

We have all played it here.... so why the need for another pointless thread on someone review, i think by now we have made up our minds... do we really need another review posted by someone for the hundreth time?

SWTOR is a decent game that could of been a great game if BW would of put just a little more time and effort in polishing up the game b4 releasing it. They should of at least had a viable LFG dungeon finder, they should of made sure the high graphic setting was working,a little more endgame content, customizable/scalable UI, and a wardrobe slot to hide the horrible looking endgame gear. This should of been done at release. Other than what i mentioned the game is good but what I mentioned is a deal breaker for me.

shut it off when the "reviewer" said hed never even seen the game.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

It's the first impression and will either open the door or close it. It's that important, so don't mess it up.

Everything I do in my life is very instinctual and in the moment. If I'm attracted to something, that's it. If I have reservations, those don't change till they're resolved. My first impression is how I go.

First impressions are often the truest, as we find (not infrequently) to our cost, when we have been wheedled out of them by plausible professions or studied actions. A man's look is the work of years; it is stamped on his countenance by the events of his whole life, nay, more, by the hand of nature, and it is not to be got rid of easily.

Never hire anyone who is going to report directly to you who you do not intuitively just plain like from first impressions. If your instincts tell you you're going to have a hard time working with someone, pass.

ETC

I honestly haven't read any SWTOR reviews and I probably wont read any either since I'm playing it now and I think it's a good game and I doesn't need any reviews agreeing or disagreeing with my opinion.

I usually decide what to buy and not to buy from recommendations from friends and that seems to work great for me.

Why can't I move my UI around?

Why don't I have target of target?

Why isn't there a dungeon finder?

You think these are things that are ok to not be in current MMO's? MMO's have a standard today..Bioware basically said screw the standard..live with what we give you. I'm sorry but if you're ok with an MMO in 2012 that doesn't have the basic's of every other MMO then I feel sorry for the future "standards" of MMO's.

Did I say anything at all about the UI? I was talking about how the game plays out I didn't once mention the UI.

Yes, we don't want a WoW clone like Rift, but we do want vital tools that every MMO already has..they have these tools for a reason.

There's a number of MMO's that do not have these things. Some of them have one and not the other but the point stands.

EvE

Champions Online

City of Hero's

Guess what? Those tools are not there for a reason, because they are not needed or wanted.

LOL seriously..

That guy probably get's his info from IGN and Xplay..the same people that gave MW3 a 5 out of 5.

REAL reviews are from the nobodies on forums and blogs. And yourself ofc.

Except the reviewer and hence my base point didn't play the game, he watched the game and was fed ideas from the guy playing it.

Edited by Avrose

Did I say anything at all about the UI? I was talking about how the game plays out I didn't once mention the UI.

There's a number of MMO's that do not have these things. Some of them have one and not the other but the point stands.

EvE

Champions Online

City of Hero's

Guess what? Those tools are not there for a reason, because they are not needed or wanted.

Except the reviewer and hence my base point didn't play the game, he watched the game and was fed ideas from the guy playing it.

You didn't specify anything..wth are you talking about. I mentioned key features that they were actually talking about in the video. You didn't mention anything..wth does "how the game plays out" even mean? Can you be more vague?

Key features that every SUCCESSFUL MMO has. Yea..Target of Target isn't wanted..get real.

They are both "reviewing" or doing a first impression. One guy is playing and telling the other guy how things work. And if you actually watched the video you would know that they are BOTH very experienced with MMO's, hell the guy on the right even goes through a list of games he played and for how long.

Sorry, but I can't take anyone who thinks this game is fine seriously. You either are being totally biased or you're just inexperienced in today's MMO's. If it was F2P, then I wouldn't even be on these forums, I'd be fine with it..but the fact they want us to dish $15 out a month for what many consider beta 2.0...is just ridiculous.

Edited by Slomoshun

You didn't specify anything..wth are you talking about. I mentioned key features that they were actually talking about in the video. You didn't mention anything..wth does "how the game plays out" even mean? Can you be more vague?

Key features that every SUCCESSFUL MMO has. Yea..Target of Target isn't wanted..get real.

They are both "reviewing" or doing a first impression. One guy is playing and telling the other guy how things work. And if you actually watched the video you would know that they are BOTH very experienced with MMO's, hell the guy on the right even goes through a list of games he played and for how long.

Sorry, but I can't take anyone who thinks this game is fine seriously. You either are being totally biased or you're just inexperienced in today's MMO's. If it was F2P, then I wouldn't even be on these forums, I'd be fine with it..but the fact they want us to dish $15 out a month for what many consider beta 2.0...is just ridiculous.

and you're not being just as "biased" with that statement?

If you don't like the game that's fine. Why must you continue to linger here if it's so bad?

Many are upset, true enough, many more are enjoying the game.

Our opinions differ, I like the game, and I think it had a great start, and an awesome foundation to build on to keep growing.

Saw this on Bluesnews http://www.mackandmesh.co.uk/reviews/star-wars-the-old-republic.php it's the most accurate review I have seen.

What you really mean is that you agree with a lot of their opinions so therefore it must be the most accurate review. Well let me say, I don't agree with many of your views, so without watching the video I can safely assume that it will not reflect how I feel about the game.

Edited by Mandrax

Eh. I disagree with their review. SWTOR is a good game. It might not be the game for you, but it's a good game.

its an ok game at best. The raid was released literally in alpha state, and the ability delay is so bad you would imagine a college kid programmed it. the two most important things in the game and there both busted. It has the potential to be good and heres to hoping that 1.1 fixes the two most glaring issues that plague this game.

only realisitic review of the game is MY OWN, how do I know this guy likes what I do, all these people review games, thier opinion, weather I agree or not means nothing to me, most of the people that review are not even good gamers to start with, like movie critics, those who can't become critics, people should make up thier own minds and not give these yahoo's much thought.. /shrug