Please do not kill open world PvP

SwiftyA

Sorry If I misread this IGN article ( I'm new to MMOs), but I think this confirms open world PvP : http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1214438p1.html

IGN: What's the plan for maybe three, six months outside of launch?

James Ohlen: We're careful not to promise a date for any of the features, but I can tell you what we're working on. Guild functionality is something that we're working on right now. The first piece of guild functionality that we want in the game is guild banks. We have a team that's essentially just going to be pumping out new guild functionality on a regular basis. The other thing we're working on, obviously we have multiple teams on Flashpoints and Operations so that's the high level content, some of our best content, the hardest content in the game where you have an epic story. We're continuing to work on those so we have multiple teams working on flashpoints and operations, we have new [player versus player] War Zones planned, we have new open world PvP planned, and we have a team on that as well.

Edited by JediknightRevan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

James Ohlen: We're careful not to promise a date for any of the features, (because our Legal and PR dept. told us not to)

but I can tell you what we're working on. (because our Accounts Receivable dept. is showing a drop in revenue)

Guild functionality is something that we're working on right now. (because our Community Relations Guild Manager told us to make a vague carrot statement)

The first piece of guild functionality that we want in the game is guild banks. We have a team that's essentially just going to be pumping out new guild functionality on a regular basis. (because we pulled them all off open PvP development and downsized the dept. to one person)

The other thing we're working on, obviously we have multiple teams on Flashpoints and Operations so that's the high level content, some of our best content, the hardest content in the game where you have an epic story. (because our PvE dept. is bored and scrambling to stop layoffs)

We're continuing to work on those so we have multiple teams working on flashpoints and operations, we have new [player versus player] War Zones planned, (again because we've pretty much trashed open PvP in the future)

we have new open world PvP planned and we have a team on that as well. (well if you consider the rookie developer that is Gabe's 2nd cousin a team).

James Ohlen: We're careful not to promise a date for any of the features, (because our Legal and PR dept. told us not to)

but I can tell you what we're working on. (because our Accounts Receivable dept. is showing a drop in revenue)

Guild functionality is something that we're working on right now. (because our Community Relations Guild Manager told us to make a vague carrot statement)

The first piece of guild functionality that we want in the game is guild banks. We have a team that's essentially just going to be pumping out new guild functionality on a regular basis. (because we pulled them all off open PvP development and downsized the dept. to one person)

The other thing we're working on, obviously we have multiple teams on Flashpoints and Operations so that's the high level content, some of our best content, the hardest content in the game where you have an epic story. (because our PvE dept. is bored and scrambling to stop layoffs)

We're continuing to work on those so we have multiple teams working on flashpoints and operations, we have new [player versus player] War Zones planned, (again because we've pretty much trashed open PvP in the future)

we have new open world PvP planned and we have a team on that as well. (well if you consider the rookie developer that is Gabe's 2nd cousin a team).

The best dam* translation I've ever seen. Well done sir.

• 1 year later...
I came back to see if I had any old posts.... so I was asking you not to kill open world PVP.... Well you did!!!! Keep in mind ESO will be out 4 4 14... that game is all about open world pvp. From the start guys have been failing across the board, and like in SWG you are deaf,.... Edited by psihozny
Spelling

I came back to see if I had any old posts.... so I was asking you not to kill open world PVP.... Well you did!!!! Keep in mind ESO will be out 4 4 14... that game is all about open world pvp. From the start guys have been failing across the board, and like in SWG you are deaf,....

Oh man, you just said ESO...... Enjoy that.

I came back to see if I had any old posts.... so I was asking you not to kill open world PVP.... Well you did!!!! Keep in mind ESO will be out 4 4 14... that game is all about open world pvp. From the start guys have been failing across the board, and like in SWG you are deaf,....

Wow. Quite the necro.