Will other players be able to be a part of your 'Legacy Family Tree'?

Netsurfer

I'm a bit confused by something - I thought I saw in the last interview with Gamespy (not today's, but the last one) that the Legacy system was going to be something that wasn't *just* for your alts, but also could be shared with other players. For example, if I wanted to have a family with my girlfriend's character, or somehow be related to it, we would be able to be a part of each other's Legacy family tree. She's been very much looking forward to the Legacy system for this specific reason, far less so for the sake of creating alts.

Is this going to be a part of the Legacy system at launch?

Legacy names are unique. So once you have chosen you Legacy name, no other player can have that name. So as it stands right now, a Legacy only extends to your main, and alts, and not to other players.

Yes, there is already a sort of legacy system in place to link different players.

It's called a Guild.

Yes, there is already a sort of legacy system in place to link different players.

It's called a Guild.

I'm open to the idea of a "guild bonus." things like player count, event activity, total /played hours of members, could generate a guild buff or something. Just a thought.

Edited by Stenrik

I'm open to the idea of a "guild bonus." things like player count, event activity, total /played hours of members, could generate a guild buff or something. Just a thought.

Rift and Wow both have this feature, don't know about other MMOs, but it definitely helps keep guilds together and gives the Guild something to work together for.

You could do all sorts of things with WoWs including speed and XP increases, access to recipes for pots, etc. It was quite extensive and I'm sure has become more so since I left shortly after Cata, never to return again. (I hope)

Rift and Wow both have this feature, don't know about other MMOs, but it definitely helps keep guilds together and gives the Guild something to work together for.

You could do all sorts of things with WoWs including speed and XP increases, access to recipes for pots, etc. It was quite extensive and I'm sure has become more so since I left shortly after Cata, never to return again. (I hope)

NOt to derail this thread because I also want to be able to share a legacy name with family but DDO fully implemented a guild system bonus where they can purchase ships and various minor bonuses (stat, buffs, etc) based on total contribution of its members. This caused a bit of heartburn for the community because players began abandoning guilds and flocking towards guilds with large roster counts who tend ot have bigger/better ships.