Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

how long between waves?

CeruleanSun

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had a properly functioning time machine I could go into the future and see what my Retail Code is gonna be so I could put in now.....

Unfortunately the only Time machine I have access to is not working correctly... it's stuck in forward and due to some broken parts only moves at normal speed :eek:

I'm a bit dismayed at how long it's taking to send out Wave 2, considering not everyone from July 21 has gotten in yet. If this is the kind of pace we can expect then I'm worried about exactly how long it will take to get everyone in game.

I mean, surely less people ordered in July compared to November?

-Bel

I think sending out some sort of email to people with a guesstimate would have been great for all of us waiting since 2008 and all.

Starting out on the right foot is always nice and the ability to communicate is so as well.

They could have posted in what order, how far apart the dates are for each wave, or some sort of info so we could at least know around about when to start trying.

Odds are they do not know that info, and if they emailed an official early access dates, then people would be ************ that they didnt get in at there assigned date/time if things went wrong. Its lose/lose for swtor employees atm.

I -do- say so. This site recognizes I registered my CE on 7/22, but also says I didn't register my code until 11/02. I did ALL the registration on the same day, of that I am sure. I know I didn't wait FOUR months to activate my code for early access. I didn't even keep the code after I registered it, so it wouldn't even be possible.

Besides, what would I have to gain by saying that on these forums? Don't be silly.

The 11/2 was for the beta test

So what you're saying is that you'd like any sort of response to when the next wave is going out? Even if they were to hop on here and simply respond with:

Sometime today between now and 11:59 PM.

That would satiate your hunger for knowledge and make you stop being angry?

I doubt it.

Biowares doesn't want to get pinned down by giving hard information. It's the reason they didn't give us dates for early access. For the same reason we won't get information telling us how long to expect between waves.

You would think a company would rather own up to being a little off on their numbers than laying the burden on hundreds of thousands of their customers. Just my thoughts. :)

I'm just surprised it seems like they didn't invite many to the first wave... Most of the servers are still low population with only a few at medium population. During the stress tests they maxed out all the servers in minutes yet they held up just fine...

Where not going to get ETAs on wave for the same reason we didn't get hard dates when to expect access in the first place.

Biowares doesn't want to get pinned down by giving hard information. It's the reason they didn't give us dates for early access. For the same reason we won't get information telling us how long to expect between waves.

Biowares wants to be able to be able to adapt to the server stress as needed. Giving numbers, like saying the next wave is in an hour, handcuffs them. It builds expectations that may need to be crushed.

People would go crazy if their early access date was for example the 14th and it got pushed back to the 15th. People will go nuts if the next beta wave is in 1 hour and it gets push backed 4 hours.

Keeping the community in the dark, while annoying, gives people less to be angry about, well other than angry about being kept in the dark.

Moral of the story, humans are angry angry creatures.

We are all adults to a point though, so if say we knew may 1-21 is 2nd wave and I was say in the 3rd wave. I would know when my guild mates in the 2nd wave were in and I could start bringing up the game client there after and not sit around and waste my time.

I understand it will be when they make it so, does not mean I have to like it. :p lol

If they're playing it this safe with servers, how are they going to handle launch? Not complaining, genuinely interested.

They will open up so many servers, people will be so spread out, then folks will leave, servers will die over time; barren wastelands with no one to group with. I've seen it time and time again.

I'm just surprised it seems like they didn't invite many to the first wave... Most of the servers are still low population with only a few at medium population. During the stress tests they maxed out all the servers in minutes yet they held up just fine...

Maybe they're having issues? :confused:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.