how long between waves?

CeruleanSun

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lucaha that statement was just pure ignorance of course there's ghost town servers there making the launch as smooth as possible and hell it's not even launch yet social aspect of the game really pft think before you speak. Edited by Azathon

You can listen to those and still type on the forums, so that failed then :p

MY need for this game is preventing me from listening to the music while I am on the forums, at least the chats here are lively today and that is preventing me from opening up that "other" game :D

i for one dont mind the staggered entrance to early release (2 days earlier than originally thought) it means the starting zone wont look like the crowd @ a tiesto concert

Genius, Its has a good vibe when its like that just looks a little silly with 1400 jedi attacking whamprats or something.

Going to be a laugh whenever i get in. Till then guess we just have to man up and wait.

YES!!! I couldn't agree with you more!

They have what I call a welfare gear system! Cata was great the first few weeks until they nerfed everything and started handing out gear again, I have a ****** pally that went from a 353 ilvl to well over 370 just running the new roics, where is the sense of accomplishment in that?

What it is is this: Blizzard is pandering to everyone making gear so easy to get everyone to level alts in all the downtime that you main has and it has entirely ruined the game!

I agree and whats even worse is the new LFR has allowed absolutely everyone to finish Dragon Soul with minimal effort, and even if you ignore LFR a large majority of guilds have started HC content already.

Seems to me like they are moving right along. according to the server list I just looked at, most of the servers are sitting at medium capacity and a few of them are full. Since I don't know the server capacity, I couldn't tell you how many they have let in. But it does tell me that the staggered waves is a thought out way to get people in. By staggering the access, it gives them a chance to manage the load and add servers as they need too. How many people would be pissed if they ended up in a 3 hours queue only to wait 3 hours, have the servers crash and end up in another 3 hour queue.

It actually is alot more work for them to stagger access for a much smoother launch because someone has to go through and activate the acount for early access, then the emails have to be queued up to go out, then when they do send them, they have to see where they are at again for server loads and capacities and adjust with more servers if needed.

Yea, it sucks waiting cause everyone wants to play now, but they are definitly doing it the right way so that everyone is actually able to play. Be patient, we'll all eventually get on.

Genius, Its has a good vibe when its like that just looks a little silly with 1400 jedi attacking whamprats or something.

Going to be a laugh whenever i get in. Till then guess we just have to man up and wait.

Sure, but there should be middle ground between 46 players on a whole starting planet (Ord Mantell right now on my guilds' server) and thousand people at once. ^^

Maybe you will get acess acording to what server u r on as well, i hope so cause the server i am on is now medium populated....cant be too much time until its full!

Let it be...let it bee...

You do realize you don't get to choose the server until you have early access.

LOL

Nobody get pissed but my friend who pre-ordered thursday of last week got an invite to start playing about an hour ago. He texted me a video of him playing and everything. Are you all sure they are sending invites based on when you redeemed your code?

I understand what Biowares thought process was here but imo they failed to achieve that. I am sure that they planned on getting a lot more people in but the invites they sent out also went to people still at work or getting up for work and having to leave.

In my guild we have 5 people that got 1st wave access 4 of them had to go to work right after logging in initially. The other is currently in Dromund Kass and their are 5 people in Dromund Kass.

How is that going to help with launch? They should have let in like 200k at a time let them get past the starting zone like 2-3 hours then invited some more, they would not be putting too much of a strain on the servers since their are a bunch of them and this would help the servers better get ready for Dec. 20.

What is gonna happen on the 20th when everyone is trying to get in at once, yeah some of the starter zones wont be impacted as much but you are gonna have a huge influx of people who didnt preorder trying to get in and the servers are going to have queues. Yes they will be opening more servers at launch but for the most part a lot of the people coming in are gonna tend to stick to a server that isnt dead and already has a community.

I dont really care when I get in I am off until January so even with spending time with the family these holidays I will have ample time left to play but seems like Bioware is taking the extreme side of caution when it could still blow up in their face come the 20th.

That and to keep casual players to continue to play. I remember when you walked around in Nightstalker gear that people knew that you were a BA rogue. BC was slowly the end of allowing gear to give a player accomplishment and identity. Everyone said that vanilla was easy compared to new stuff and then you asked when they started playing and they would say I got in at BC or LK it became hard to run into the old school ballers who were the beginning of WoW like myself. LK fights were simple, BC fights were as well. They made sure to limit the amount of strategy fights and made most tank and spank.

Yea the high end gear back in vanilla and BC meant that you did something and worked something and worked hard to get something.

Kara was pretty freebie gear, but tbh I think it's one of the best raids they did (except AQ 40)

While they made the fights really easy with a lot of the content WOTLK on they sure didn't nerf the rep grinds >< 40 exalted reps still takes forever even with the buff to the amount of rep you get it's still a grind.

Man you should see 4.3 honestly first night we had only like 2 people from my guild who were in the PTR we went 4/8 the first night one shotting everything It's sad, I remember back in the day new content was meant to be excitement! Now new content = Easy sauce fights where maybe just maybe you have to move once or twice.

I can't wiat for the stories and all the stuff that this game has to offer, I feel like I did when beta vanilla/vanilla came out, I just hope that Bioware doesn't follow Blizzard and make everything stupid easy, people play games to have fun and a challenge, those who don't want a challenge can go play farmville