The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Poor DPS?

Daecollo

I have been having a problem with Powertech, it seems that whatever I do (Spec for DPS or Tank.) my DPS is almost always about the same, nomatter what Cylinder I use.

But if I spec for all DPS I am pretty much a GLASS CANNON (people look at me and I die.) because all of our survivability is tied to a stance.

But then I looked at some of the other Tank Classes, there Tanking Trees almost have as much DPS as our DPS Trees, isn't that a bit silly considering they have survivability and damage?

But I think its the fact that our best Damage Per Second attacks Are so much heat cost and are Long DOTS, Long DOTS are good against only a couple things, and the high heat cost makes them almost impossible to use, you could only annoy, not kill anyone.

Go pyrotech. Line up your railshot to hit with TD explosion. ????? Profit.

Advance prototype is a spec that is just lacking in damage compared to pyro ( but I love its heat management and utility myself.) So that might also be your issue.

I have been having a problem with Powertech, it seems that whatever I do (Spec for DPS or Tank.) my DPS is almost always about the same, nomatter what Cylinder I use.

But if I spec for all DPS I am pretty much a GLASS CANNON (people look at me and I die.) because all of our survivability is tied to a stance.

But then I looked at some of the other Tank Classes, there Tanking Trees almost have as much DPS as our DPS Trees, isn't that a bit silly considering they have survivability and damage?

But I think its the fact that our best Damage Per Second attacks Are so much heat cost and are Long DOTS, Long DOTS are good against only a couple things, and the high heat cost makes them almost impossible to use, you could only annoy, not kill anyone.

I dont have any survivability issues with my pyro build using CGC.

and IGC wont help you much against tech/elemental damage since it bypasses it so tough luck.