Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Link achievement?

LMYoda

I only played WoW for like, 3 weeks about 6 years ago.. but I assume this achievement system is probably in it. Care to describe?

It shows who you've killed, working as proof that you have completed an instance/raid. There's achievements for other stuff as well.

I don't want to invite people who don't know tactics in my flashpoint groups.

SWTOR badly needs an achievement system so people can prove if they have completed it before.

OMG, that was like the WORST idea that Blizzard had for WoW (that and ilevel). Eventually in WoW you couldnt join a group or a guild if you could not link all the achievements. The "link achivement" mechanic is being abused to death in WoW.

Its these types of things that let Jerks come out in a community. If people think that WoW community is bad, I can guarantee you its primarily because of ilevel and linked achievements.

Not fun. There is just some information better left unknown.

SWTOR badly needs an achievement system so people can prove if they have completed it before.

OMG!!!!!!!!

i hate players like you

/2 LF DPS last spot link achivment

/2 im dps invite plox

/2 got achivment?

/2 not been yet but read up on the fights

/2 LF DPS last spot link achivment

/2 dude invite me

/2 no achivment no invite!!!!!

/2 how do i get the achivment if you will not invite me

/2 look for a group /sign

go back to panda land and stop asking for stuff from that mmo and training wheels

It shows who you've killed, working as proof that you have completed an instance/raid. There's achievements for other stuff as well.

Ahh. So, basically, it can be used for the same reason I'd use MyDDO for DDO.. 'cept MyDDO would let you see another player's stats and gear, so it was obvious who knew how to play and not..

Thanks.

Forgive me my crying alowd in caps, but THAT DAMN THING KILLED NORMAL GROUPING!

One of them. Logic looks like this: I dont have an achie - so they won't take me in, but since they won't take me in - how am I supposed to get an achie?! Hello,LFR(ihateyou).

If you care for knowing tacts - just ask about tacts, not demand any proofs etc. One or two questions may absolutely reveal if player knows one or not. And second way. When going with unknown guys (at least if any of them are) it never hurts to remind tacts to all the group.

So turn this into some elitist game? No thanks.

"I only want people in my group who can read my mind and do things exactly the way I want them done." That's not what the OP said, but that's how I read it.

Having a particular achievement does not guarantee that a person would even be a good person to have in a group. What if they bought the account? What if they got that achievement while employing very bad grouping techniques (rolling need for items they don't actually need, etc.).

I don't want people being judged solely by how many hours they spent playing or whatever goodies they found. You could have a very good player out there who just hasn't had the opportunity to do the mission for a particular achievement yet. Wouldn't it be a shame to pass on that person?

Sounds like a lot of people could take a good lesson in babysitting - Perhaps you should pick up a game like League of Legends, which requires crazy teamwork (if playing against competent players). In that game you have to tell all the noobs what to do, what to look out for, and constantly be mindful of their actions and what they are doing. Granted, this sucks to do, but it makes you win. Babysitting pretty much helps in any MMO.. it is a great skill to have for PUG'ing.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.