This is an OUTRAGE!!

Jocken

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? How is that related to the server location?

Well See. George Lucas is an American. And he owns Star Wars.

Thus George Lucas decides who pays what to who.

And I'm sure Lucas is more worried about American subscribers.

Is it right? Doubtful. But No one is discriminating against Europeans.

It could be worse, the Australians dont even have their own servers yet.

What? How is that related to the server location?

100 percent serious these European discrimination threads and the unbelievable amount of it on the SWTOR facebook can be refuted with 1 statement.

All mmos have been working this way for years. The only MMO ive ever seen that does EU maintenance on their time is WoW and it wasnt always like that.

MMOs cost 15 bucks. They cost 15 Euros. They almost always have Maintenance based on the home developers time schedule.

The only difference in SWTOR is that a LARGE chunk of the playerbase came here because the like KOTOR and dont understand mmos.

I remember back in 2003 when I played Final Fantasy 11, weekly server maintenance was done during Japanese downtime. Like, at 5 pm my time.

Thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Honestly I wish I lived in Europe right now, I might be able to find a job.

I love these threads.

This is an outrage ofc and we should fight for change. Not the serious inequality in the real world for people of different cultures or sexuality, but having to pay a tiny amount more for an entire months worth of entertainment.

How about dealing with it?

I love these threads.

This is an outrage ofc and we should fight for change. Not the serious inequality in the real world for people of different cultures or sexuality, but having to pay a tiny amount more for an entire months worth of entertainment.

How about dealing with it?

But after a long day of hard work, these Europeans DESERVE to play a video game made in America when and how the deem necessary.

I do not know if the EU players knows this or any other player for that matter. I did some calculation and I found out something so very disturbing and annoying that it irks me incredibly.

Gametime....

Americans 14.95 dollars

Europeans 14.95 euro

14.95 euro is NOT 19.95 dollars, its actually 19.026 dollars.

So we are actually paying somewhere between 20-25% more for gametime than the americans. does this by any means sound fair?

I want the prices to be adjusted to ONE price... it is 14.95 dollars the use Origins or whatever you use to make the appropriate cost change into my countries currency.

14.95 dollars is 104 swedish krona and last I checked the price subtrakted from my account will be 119 swedish krona, thats 12 percept more I pay than the price actually is.

Id say for BW and EA to start showing the prices for what they are, not claim it is 14.95 dollars or whatever they claim but show the prices in the currency they are actually charding so that the person buying actually knows the cost of the subscription BEFORE they buy the game.

Im not willing to pay 10% or 15% or 20% more than the americans for the same game, I was equal treatment.

Either that or let us all pay our gametime in dollars to make it fair on everyone else.

this is shockint

us gamers in the UK pay £8.99 per month which works out to be 10.86 euro and $13.77

so we Uk players get it cheaper

woop woop

Honestly I wish I lived in Europe right now, I might be able to find a job.

Hells...if I lived in US id be employed with a huge salary by now, europeans are flooded with well trained, educated computer literate janitors... same as me ;)

Yes, it does, because your EU servers aren't located in the EU, they're located in the US. Electricity costs money to move that long a distance, thus you get charged more.

Uh, they're in Ireland.

And the EU always gets shafted by US companies when it comes to price conversions, and it's nothing to do with tax. Even comparing the pre-tax prices the US pays less.

Weirdly the UK actually seems to have come out on top this time round, which is a novelty.

Edited by HELhikari

Everyone who *****es about EU having downtime when on the East Coast it's 3AM needs to grow up. It's an American made game, which would mean developers would cater to where they're from first, and once there is a larger player-base, they would be able to help out the EU servers.

How often do you see Aussies ************ about downtime? They're probably screwed out of primetime more than you are.

I do not know if the EU players knows this or any other player for that matter. I did some calculation and I found out something so very disturbing and annoying that it irks me incredibly.

Gametime....

Americans 14.95 dollars

Europeans 14.95 euro

14.95 euro is NOT 19.95 dollars, its actually 19.026 dollars.

So we are actually paying somewhere between 20-25% more for gametime than the americans. does this by any means sound fair?

I want the prices to be adjusted to ONE price... it is 14.95 dollars the use Origins or whatever you use to make the appropriate cost change into my countries currency.

14.95 dollars is 104 swedish krona and last I checked the price subtrakted from my account will be 119 swedish krona, thats 12 percept more I pay than the price actually is.

Id say for BW and EA to start showing the prices for what they are, not claim it is 14.95 dollars or whatever they claim but show the prices in the currency they are actually charding so that the person buying actually knows the cost of the subscription BEFORE they buy the game.

Im not willing to pay 10% or 15% or 20% more than the americans for the same game, I was equal treatment.

Either that or let us all pay our gametime in dollars to make it fair on everyone else.

Umm.. The price doesn't show tax, hence the extra 12%

Yes, it does, because your EU servers aren't located in the EU, they're located in the US. Electricity costs money to move that long a distance, thus you get charged more.

K...

1. Like others have said servers are based in EU.

2. That in no way is how servers work. You don't just move electricity across the friggin ocean.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.