Jedi Guardian terrible damage. can't beat class quest

thxn

I had problems with that guy, too. I simply did some pvp, some space and in between i tried. At one point i figured out how to beat him. I don't really remember though. He just died.

I will admit that Vigilance feels a little harder than other classes, but there is no reason to assume he underperforms massively in dmg. BW stated that every DPS tree (correctly specced) can do decent dmg. Sentinel will be a little higher than a Vigilance Guardian but not so much higher that you suffer in a group or raid when taking the Guardian with you.

We don't know any dps yet, so all we have is a very unreliable feeling.

On an other hand, it is said that Vigilance Guardian has one of the hardest rotations in the game! Easy to learn, hard to master i guess.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a trooper and he was a mistake to. He is a commando or whatever and they heal.

People keep telling me what the 'best' is and I am guessing that I am being trolled.

What is an easy DPS only class?

Commandos make a great DPS class. I'm not sure what your problem with them is, but they work great as DPS. Knights actually can, too...

I'm starting to wonder what you've done with your talent points, because what you're describing sounds very different than my experience with those classes.

I have a trooper and he was a mistake to. He is a commando or whatever and they heal.

People keep telling me what the 'best' is and I am guessing that I am being trolled.

Commandos actually does good DPS I have two Commando alts. I wanted to see how Pure DPS build and Pure Heal build compared they both do fairly well. The Heal Spec guy actually solos really well the difference in DPS between the two is really only noticeable with Boss level fights.

Commandos make a great DPS class. I'm not sure what your problem with them is, but they work great as DPS. Knights actually can, too...

I'm starting to wonder what you've done with your talent points, because what you're describing sounds very different than my experience with those classes.

commando is only level 11. He just reached corus he was my first character and I disliked him very much.

I only chose commando because I heard it was a great dps spec. Now I have learned it's a healing class and I only like to DPS.

I don't remember what talents I have done on him. Haven't touched him in 2 weeks since I started my jedi guardian.

It isn't dps only, not sure if such an AC exists, but Mercenary BH has been my favorite by far. Damage out the wazzoo, healer companion as your first, you get heals for those emergency w t f moments, and my last favorite thing about them... dual blasters! Trooper has a "like" mirror to it but I have no idea what AC or tree it's in.

Edited by demonolithic

i just managed to get him. I had maybe 13% life left. I sent kira in first. I had to pop all my stuff once again.

I had to taunt off her because she was dying way to fast.

really hope this gets better.

if you guys can recommend me an easier class + the advanced class.

no healing or tanking please.

If you still haven't got this yet, send in kira and pop her defensive skill. She can stay alive quite a long time using that skill, interrupt his casting skills and you'll be fine.

Yeah I suggested this as well. I took it off auto cast. Sent her in to DPS till she had 75%ish health. Popped her shield then went to town in dps form till she was at around 20% health. Taunted to keep her alive and killed the boss. Have to utilize her HP or otherwise it's wasted as a guardian with no healing ability or companion with any as well.

Edit, Grats on the kill. ;)

Edited by demonolithic

no healing or tanking please.

Trooper is probably the most face roll-tastic.

But really its the Commando the shines. Stick to Gunnery the middle tree it has good DPS and some nice self healing. Heck they get a talent that makes their Recharge Cells also heal them.

ok the reason you say you suck, is not because of your class. Its how you use it.

Defence/vig/focus dosnt matter, if you dont understand your class your going to fail.

1. When to use certain skill

2. Interupts are god.

3. medpacs are win

4. stims are win

If you are struggling use the defence tree and kira. Get medpacs. use them as soon as you hit 50%75% health and not when your about to die. Stims are the basic stat top up in this game.

I've solod all guardian content and its just down to the player adapting. If you suck dont blame the class, look at yourself.

Maybe your not cut out to be a guardian no offence, try a heal class if it gets that bad.

Edited by peaceandpassion

learn to play...

cant help you otherway.... go buy some gear? learn to use all your abillities aka taunt of companion and yourself... use stims medpacks...

sigh...

its the era of wow kiddos and newbies who cant solo this game they fail big time.

Whoever said Guardian is a tank AC needs to be ignored.

Bioware gave you the option to go DPS with Vigilance and Focus. The problem is right now is Bioware made both Guardian and Sentinel too squishy, and it's a problem they have specifically stated is true, at least for DPS Guardian.

The Defense Tree is a Tank spec. The Vigilance and Focus Trees are DPS specs.

Going Guardian does not automatically make you a tank class.

To the OP, I would suggest respecing and going Focus spec. Ignore anyone who says it sucks.. it's actually very great. I also tried Vigilance at the beginning and my HP drops like a rock. With Focus, you get the DPS of Vigilance with more damage mitigation thanks to Shii-Cho form. Focus also gives you better AoE damage with Force Sweep which allows you to take care of packs of mobs.

The only problem with Focus spec is you have to work for that damage. Rotation is key for this, and plenty of abilities build into another ability to make it stronger.

Edited by HeroMystic

If you are having trouble with this guy, just wait until you get to Angral...well, correction, his security chief. lol

This tanis dude can be quite difficult, but it can be done, but it is widely known and agreed upon by bioware that Jedi Guardians and Sith Juggernauts have survivability issues, since i believe they don't scale compared to other classes or the survivability just sucks, compared to other classes.

can believe how terrible this choice was. everyone told me guardian was the way to go. "go vigilance" if you don't want to be pure tank. "focus sucks!"

I kill things unbelievably slow. I use t7 or kira as a companion, my damage is still weak.

I am the quest where I am suppose to kill Tarnis, or Taris? Whatever his name is.

I have died 9 times in a row. I have swapped out Kira/t7. I have used tank form, taunted, use medkits...

doesn't matter. Can't kill this guy, can't progress.

I can't believe how frustrating this is compared to my trooper who excels in damage and can even solo certain elites with his companion.

Final fight has nothing to do with your damage. Everything that can hurt you can be LOS'd or flat out interupted. You don't even need a companion.

Guardian damage is not the issue on the final fight, you not playing against the mechanics and trying to muscle through it, I'll wager, is.

There are tons of guardians with the master title at this point, and literally walk throughs of how to beat the fight.

learn to play...

cant help you otherway.... go buy some gear? learn to use all your abillities aka taunt of companion and yourself... use stims medpacks...

sigh...

its the era of wow kiddos and newbies who cant solo this game they fail big time.

<---wow kiddy and I'm excelling at leveling the guardian.

So take your stipulations elsewhere. The OP is just bad at this. Doesn't put him in the same school as us, "wow kiddies."

I've never asked for a nerf of anything in my life, I've never complained that anything was OP, I've never said that vanilla was the hardest raiding ever.

@OP-

Here we go.

-A-S.S. - Always Stay Stimmed, if you don't have str stims, you're doing it wrong.

-Let kira tank a bit first and make sure to have guard on her so she doesn't have tons of aggro.

-Use good mods/armor/enhancements that you can get/create

-Medpaks medpaks medpaks

-Cooldowns at the "Start" of the fight, not the end. Damage reduction cooldowns will give you more time to live if you use them early rather than late. Obviously not Enure since you want to use that when you are deficient some number of HP.

-Interrupt everything, knockback is an interrupt, force stasis interrupts(it's worth the channel if it saves your behind).

-Overlevel.