Ultimate PvP Balance Fix

GlowRage

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gear has always been a part of MMO pvp. If you really want some balanced, "gearless," MMO pvp go play the WoW AT realm (http://www.arena-tournament.com/). Don't really understand why you're suggesting something like this for a game in which pvp is obviously not the top priority.

Because it's a nearly effortless change that would immensely balance the playing field in matches and provide pug teams a much larger shot at winning, as well as possibly drawing in those players who do not wish to PvP due to the high barrier of entry.

So what you're saying here, is that actual skill has no place in an MMORPG, only time invested?

I'm growing tired with this as a argument with Swtor...most of us know the problems now are unbalanced classes ..... Consumables.....poor pvp design,,,and last but not least...people gaming the system to gearup...I personally have seen a 50 and valor level 27 in full pvp gear...So Don't talk to me about skill and time invested..... Here are best pvpers A} Beta tested and knew the best classes at launch..... B} Knew where all the major exploits in the system were... Example = Illum ..... C} With A and B now faceroll everyone. ...rant off.

Because it's a nearly effortless change that would immensely balance the playing field in matches and provide pug teams a much larger shot at winning, as well as possibly drawing in those players who do not wish to PvP due to the high barrier of entry.

i personally would like to grind out the best gear so i have a competitive advantage over multiple opponents. then i wont have to worry about getting teamed with ******* and i can win the WZ myself (with minor help from the *******)

if i want a fair match then i just premade and we face off against another premade (both teams should have the best gear possible)

apologize beforehand for the comments...dont mean to offend anyone just generalizing it

Edited by Paralassa
content

i personally would like to grind out the best gear so i have a competitive advantage over multiple opponents. then i wont have to worry about getting teamed with ******* and i can win the WZ myself (with minor help from the *******)

if i want a fair match then i just premade and we face off against another premade (both teams should have the best gear possible)

This is a selfish line of thinking.

There is no way to make 100% of the players happy 100% of the time - someone will always think things are better one way than another; just look at the schism between players who think combat logs, mods, and macros should/shouldn't be in the game.

The only advantage grinding out gear is going to give you is against the same random groups of players you seem to have such ire for. The gear in this game is not so overbalanced that by having a full set of Battlemaster gear you are going to be able to take on three or four fresh 50s yourself. The problem arises when you face an entire team of players with a much higher caliber of gear, and the game becomes one-sided.

It's incredibly confusing to see people using the rationale of "Well it sucks now but once I have my gear it will be way more fun". The whole "screw you, got mine." mindset is not going to make PvP any more inviting to people new to the game, or raiders who want to give PvP a shot; it's only going to alienate them.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote