Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dots make it impossible to cap in Civil War.

Coyotecalls

So, I was in a match with my Sith and we had a Jedi defending one of the gun placements. He had this really neat trick where he would put a DoT on people then run off and people would try and cap the gun but they couldn't because the tick of the DoT would interrupt the activation of the gun. Then he just ran back and dotted us again. We couldn't take the gun because of this dot and we couldn't kill him fast enough to stop reinforcements to arrive.

Can I have one of those? Just give them to all Sith classes. That would rock. I want one of those! Awesome exploit is awesome.

So, I was in a match with my Sith and we had a Jedi defending one of the gun placements. He had this really neat trick where he would put a DoT on people then run off and people would try and cap the gun but they couldn't because the tick of the DoT would interrupt the activation of the gun. Then he just ran back and dotted us again. We couldn't take the gun because of this dot and we couldn't kill him fast enough to stop reinforcements to arrive.

Can I have one of those? Just give them to all Sith classes. That would rock. I want one of those! Awesome exploit is awesome.

I have a very simple solution to your problem. KILL HIM.

/thread

change your signature accordingly to the post you just type please.

Hire a BH(powertech) for your team, he has that function also when he is using his blade.

It's definitely possible to hold four or five off of a side turret for a long time. If I know I'm going down, I hit everyone with Gut until I die, then just take the speeder directly back to the turret (you'd be amazed at how few people know that you can even do that).

Just AOE em and run another round of Gut until reinforcements arrive.

Do any healing classes have a purge ability that can get rid of bleeds and such?

Edited by mistersleep

High enough level Mercs and Sorcs can definitely clear that dot, and Sorcs have dots of their own.

I actually have less problem with dots interrupting capping than I have with Stealth Classes featuring Combat Vanish. But as many have said: Just stun and kill it. Resolve is broken, and you definitely all have stuns.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.