The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assassins suck

StrifedRevan

Problem is, Dark Charge comes with a hefty 5% damage loss. I really want it to be like Powertech Ion Cylinder - no downside to it at all.

5% really isn't that big. And considering the survivability you add to your character, the AoE on discharge, and the shield proc bonus that 5% is negligible at best.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with many posts here. Lvl 50 deception rank46 in full champion gear.

I dont think we need more dmg when not in stealth, but a better opener would be good. Some things i would like to see that would not mess with pve / pvp:

- Increase dmg on spike out of stealth, or increase the knockdown (so we can maybe get a Maul in there). Reduce the cooldown to 30secs.

- Increase the range on Low Slash, close to the range of shock/discharge. Having to be on top of someone to do this doesnt make sence. Since it breaks on dmg it would not be a big deal, but help us control our surroundings abit more.

- Put the reduced CD on Force Speed in the deception tree, and reduce it to 40secs. (could be swapped with 15% aoe mg reduction)

- Put some more crit / surge on our next pvp items, we are so dependant on crits atm, when not critting, a 2x VS Shock can hit for 1.2k

- Fix Maul ability delay. Countless times chasing/stunning enemies, spamming Maul with the proc without it going off, or getting "Effect condition failed"

- Reduce the time it takes to get out of combat. We NEED this to restealth to a safe spot and heal up. Ive ran countless times from one HP buff in Huttball to the opposite side and still be in combat.

- Reduce the cost of changing Lightsaber charges.

- Make Force Shroud remove the Sorc knockback root pls. Dunno if it should do it already but form what ive seen it doesnt atm.

Other than that im pretty happy about the Assassin playstyle overall. One thing that bugs me tho is that they implemented ranged auto-facing while casting, and let us have a positional required attack. Running circles around a BH or Sorc mashing maul while they spam Tracer/Lightning without it going off... Fun times. Meaning i HAVE to blow Electrocute or Low Slash to get one of our biggest dmg abilities off on a target.

Comment all you want but keep it constructive and hope for good times to come:)

Edited by MrStian

I think the deception is in a good place right now. I've pvp'd a lot and although i'm not 50 yet (i'm 46), i like my class quite a bit. The only classes i have trouble with 1v1 are powertechs and geared Scorchers(not that much of an issue now that 50s are in their own bracket). If this changes drastically at 50 then i guess i'm off base.

But what i want to say is i think our class is all about picking your spots. Knowing when to fight and when to **** of a situation. If you're suddenly being attacked by 2-3 people, you're not playing the class right. You get in and make the kill, then you get out and plot your next kill. You don't go running around a group of people smashing maul. Maybe i'm wrong, but i usually always near the top of damage/kills/killing blows and to be honest i'm usually well ahead of everyone on killing blows.

Edited by mausty

5% really isn't that big. And considering the survivability you add to your character, the AoE on discharge, and the shield proc bonus that 5% is negligible at best.

Yup. Besides, you can do a lot of damage with Darkness spec if you spec right.

I agree with many posts here. Lvl 50 deception rank46 in full champion gear...

...Other than that im pretty happy about the Assassin playstyle overall. One thing that bugs me tho is that they implemented ranged auto-facing while casting, and let us have a positional required attack. Running circles around a BH or Sorc mashing maul while they spam Tracer/Lightning without it going off... Fun times. Meaning i HAVE to blow Electrocute or Low Slash to get one of our biggest dmg abilities off on a target.

Comment all you want but keep it constructive and hope for good times to come:)

A few things:

1) Spike CD is already 30 seconds. It is 20 seconds if you get 2-piece Survivor gear.

2) Force Speed CD is 30 seconds. It is 20 seconds when you put the points into Lightning Recovery in the Darkness Tree. Also, you provide no reason for why it should be moved to Deception.

3) Ability Delay in general needs to be fixed, same with the time it takes to leave combat. Everyone would benefit from fixing these.

4) Other than these, I seem to agree with you. I especially find the "auto-facing" when casting implementation to be frustrating for any skill with a positional requirement.

I think assassin is alright, im valor 44, barelly geared and im doing mostly fine.

One thing I think assassins should get is whirlwind being instant cast for us, would work sorta like a blind, maybe range reduced by half because of it.

Maul hiccupping needs to be fixed tho, its freaking anoying trying to cast it and never firing.

And make death field cast on target + around the target. its frustrating that I need to put it down when fighting big bosses in pve can barelly click the floor to put it

Edited by Paralassa
content

So operatives are being handed heavy nerfs on 1/24.

Their kd is now half its current duration (currently 3 sec)

Their high damage ability hidden strike loses 20% damage

Acid blade has it's armor pen buff reduced to 30% from 50%.

You may all now stop QQing about Ops/Sco having better burst then sins.

So operatives are being handed heavy nerfs on 1/24.

Their kd is now half its current duration (currently 3 sec)

Their high damage ability hidden strike loses 20% damage

Acid blade has it's armor pen buff reduced to 30% from 50%.

You may all now stop QQing about Ops/Sco having better burst then sins.

Their burst will still be better, especially on heavy armor targets.

Their burst will still be better, especially on heavy armor targets.

what he said there out of stealth open hits for 5.5k right now in the 50 champion geared games so what now it will hit like 4.6k spike crits for like 450 most worthless crap ever if your not tank spec

My only issue is that Assassins are categorized as Mage instead of DPS. Operatives are DPS just as a reference.

The reason I have a problem with that is Mage > Tank but that is not the case, Tanks here are > Assassins. So are DPS!

Problem is, Dark Charge comes with a hefty 5% damage loss. I really want it to be like Powertech Ion Cylinder - no downside to it at all.

Dark Charge has 1 drawback, and its not a flat 5% damage loss, it lowered the BONUS damage from willpower/power on melee hits 5%, your force power is untouched, your base damage on your weapon is untouched... yes its a drawback, no its not the end of the world.

As a valor61 assassin who runs mainly 27/14/0, 23/0/18 and 2/31/8 depending on how i feel; if you want burst, prepare to be a squishy target to achieve that; otherwise play a darkness based pvp build, in dps gear you can still put out tons of damage; also be ready to use... just about every ability they give us, if you cant make use of nearly every skill then you aren't playing your assassin to the fullest.

But hey, who am i to complain about this thread, i do good damage, im pretty tanky, i can kill almost anyone 1v1 bar a few exceptional plays, i can run huttballs and i can stealth; cry that we suck maybe they'll buff me to be really overpowered.

My only issue is that Assassins are categorized as Mage instead of DPS. Operatives are DPS just as a reference.

The reason I have a problem with that is Mage > Tank but that is not the case, Tanks here are > Assassins. So are DPS!

If you play an assassin like a mage you're definitely doing it wrong. No wonder people are having such a tough time with the class.

FYI... Sorc/Sage = mage

Assassin/Shadow = Enhancement Shaman/DK that can stealth

...and since when did mages become their own archetype? To my knowledge they've always been classified as a dps class in every game that has them.

Edited by Cowflab

Just because you rolled a class that was wrong for you, does not mean the class is actually bad, and half the things in your post is just pure BS (Lets just take the DC for 3k max with things popped, Record for me is 6.4k and I regualer hit numbers like 5.8-6k when I pop cd's.)

Just because your bad at playing Assassin or do not enjoy them, does not mean its like that for all of us.

To be frank, I enjoy the class and for me and alot others it work quite well. This just comes to show that valor rank to some extend means nothing, its nothing but the amount of time put into wz's, high rank clearly does not = understanding of the class and how its supposed to function.

Its good that you enjoy other class's grind them up and enjoy the game, but leave the emo QQ threads alone, we got plenty of them on these fora without having to add yours aswell.

I couldn't say it better my self.

Dark Charge has 1 drawback, and its not a flat 5% damage loss, it lowered the BONUS damage from willpower/power on melee hits 5%, your force power is untouched, your base damage on your weapon is untouched... yes its a drawback, no its not the end of the world.

I was just thinking about this, and wanted to come back in here and enforce that point but you said it before I did. So I'm just bolding (is that even a word???) the part I wanted to say and reiterate.

Just because you rolled a class that was wrong for you, does not mean the class is actually bad, and half the things in your post is just pure BS (Lets just take the DC for 3k max with things popped, Record for me is 6.4k and I regualer hit numbers like 5.8-6k when I pop cd's.)

Just because your bad at playing Assassin or do not enjoy them, does not mean its like that for all of us.

To be frank, I enjoy the class and for me and alot others it work quite well. This just comes to show that valor rank to some extend means nothing, its nothing but the amount of time put into wz's, high rank clearly does not = understanding of the class and how its supposed to function.

Its good that you enjoy other class's grind them up and enjoy the game, but leave the emo QQ threads alone, we got plenty of them on these fora without having to add yours aswell.

lies, u f*ing wish u would critt 5/6 k as a assasin, dream on there..

we all know assasins are underpowerd. 58 valor here full champ i know what im talking about. so please.

we all know assasins are underpowerd. 58 valor here full champ i know what im talking about. so please.

He has streams up of his character doing it bro. It was pre 1.1(relics, map buff, stims, and adrenals and not on lvl 19s), but the evidence for his claim is posted on this very forum.

Edited by Cowflab

I do t have a bit of valor nor ANY PvP gear because....well I don't PvP! But just because you have attained a certain level of something that does not necessarily mean anything other then time spent grinding it out, does not necessarily equate to knowledge. Now mind you I'm not going to get into the semantics and minutea of you twos argument but screaming "I'm XX valor so that means I know what I'm talking about" is just down right specious and means nothing.

I do t have a bit of valor nor ANY PvP gear because....well I don't PvP! But just because you have attained a certain level of something that does not necessarily mean anything other then time spent grinding it out, does not necessarily equate to knowledge. Now mind you I'm not going to get into the semantics and minutea of you twos argument but screaming "I'm XX valor so that means I know what I'm talking about" is just down right specious and means nothing.

Well said, but in before "you don't even PvP and I'm valor level 58 so your opinion is invalid and I'm right!"

;)

• 1 month later...

Exactly! If you don't do good with the class or don't enjoy it then fine, but it DOES NOT mean that the class sucks. I love the assassin and do just fine in WZs. I always get at least 5-8 medals every game, and I'm only lvl 33. I top the charts with medals, and half the time with protection and healing(thhrough Dark Charge). True though I have never topped the chart on dps.