The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assassins suck

StrifedRevan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buff Darkness in pvp, and nerf deception, that'll will fix assassins!

Trolling right?

Buff deception and nerf darkness plz

Tank spec getting easily 300k+ damage and 50k+ protection in dps gear = OP

Dps spec that has a hard time getting 300k damage in WZ's or needs consumables to win a 1v1 fight = UP.

Buff VS damage, buff maul (or EW proc so maul has a 100% chance to crit, the talent has to move higher up in the tree then), buff force regen (blackout is not enough) and let Surging Charge give us some self healing when it crits (then we have a usefull Lightning Charge).

Im not sure deception/madness need a significant boost, but Darkness needs some serious looking at as do all "tank" DPS specs.

Deception is our mele dps spec, darkness is our tank spec... just sayin.

Edited by Exulion

Why'd you necro a 2months old thread?

Maybe because Assassins don't suck and some people need to understand that just because they can't play or it or don't like it doesnt mean they suck. They don't suck if you play it correctly.

Im not sure deception/madness need a significant boost, but Darkness needs some serious looking at as do all "tank" DPS specs.

I just did 470k damage and 250k prot in a voidstar game as a darkness dps tank, not even battlemaster yet. Darkness has the most survivability and utility (non stealth spike + pull) out of all specs. Now tell me why darkness need some "serious looking at" ?

I just did 470k damage and 250k prot in a voidstar game as a darkness dps tank, not even battlemaster yet. Darkness has the most survivability and utility (non stealth spike + pull) out of all specs. Now tell me why darkness need some "serious looking at" ?

You might be one of the LSoB in game.

Lets face it, there would not be post's like this, if there is no problem with the class, and lets not lie to ourselves and say this class does not have issues.

I gave up on my Sin to play some other classes to see what its like, and that is truly when I realized that the assassin got the short end of the stick.

I personaly am waiting to see whats in store for 1.2 for assissins. I hope BW does something for us.

Are we playing the same game? Or do most of you just not know how to play? I top damage/kills/protection/medals in every warzone. I can burn though just about any class(exception to some merc/commando) quite easily. I don't think those that are complaining about the class know how to play the class... Learn to play your CLASS and not just your SPEC.

Are you serious? ARE YOU *********** SERIOUS? Go play an Operative then you'll know what feeling underpowered is like.

You sir are severely mistaken, there are plenty of very strong and versatile Operatives. You might just not be suited for it if you feel it is underpowered...

Deception indeed do need some makeover but apart from that i'm doing pretty good with my assassin and really enjoying it, as some other players said only because you dont know how to play with 1 class it doesnt make it suck i disagree with that, if you want an easly bursting - dpsing etc etc class you should play as bounty hunter - agent or sorc, thoose classes are not complex to play compare to assassin, assassin DO need understanding over abilties and talents in order to do good over WZs or operations.

Deception indeed do need some makeover but apart from that i'm doing pretty good with my assassin and really enjoying it, as some other players said only because you dont know how to play with 1 class it doesnt make it suck i disagree with that, if you want an easly bursting - dpsing etc etc class you should play as bounty hunter - agent or sorc, thoose classes are not complex to play compare to assassin, assassin DO need understanding over abilties and talents in order to do good over WZs or operations.

Exactly, learn to actually play before crying nerf/buff. I believe Deception is perfect the way it is, possibly a touch more survive-ability but it's very close to being well balanced.

You can not expect great burst damage along with a ton of survive ability, that's like crying because your parents bought you a mustang but its white and not yellow.

You can not have everything. You want damage? you do not get to take much damaged. You want to take damaged? You do not get to deal much damage. Learn the compromise, it's how every class should work. I believe there are a few classes that do need a touch of the nerf/buff bat but only a touch, our class(Assassin) does not.

Exactly, learn to actually play before crying nerf/buff. I believe Deception is perfect the way it is, possibly a touch more survive-ability but it's very close to being well balanced.

You can not expect great burst damage along with a ton of survive ability, that's like crying because your parents bought you a mustang but its white and not yellow.

You can not have everything. You want damage? you do not get to take much damaged. You want to take damaged? You do not get to deal much damage. Learn the compromise, it's how every class should work. I believe there are a few classes that do need a touch of the nerf/buff bat but only a touch, our class(Assassin) does not.

Umm.... Try a Operative/Scoundrel, you want Heals its there, Stealth its there, Stuns its there, Damage, oh boy is it there, And its raining Crits..................

Umm.... Try a Operative/Scoundrel, you want Heals its there, Stealth its there, Stuns its there, Damage, oh boy is it there, And its raining Crits..................

Yet, the people previously posting just said op needs buffs. People just don't know how to play the class so they cry and say it's broken.

playing the class is completely different from playing a role

basically if i wanted to tank id go Jugg or something the class is named Assassin but it doesn't feel like a assassin at all Operative's feel like assassin's

im currently running a 23/1/17 build and loving it so far i actually fulfill my roll as a class yet i loved deception and always hoped it would be viable sadly its not leaving me with 1 tree that is utterly useless in my class.

is that fair? no all the other classes have 3 choices in their class im limited to madness and darkness since deception is soo utterly useless.

assassins are the hardest class to play well as. everyone who QQ's about it is playing it wrong. i get 300k damage medal over 50% of the games im in, while going after objectives. i can 1v1 any class and win 90% of the time. assassins are great if you play them right

assassins are the hardest class to play well as. everyone who QQ's about it is playing it wrong. i get 300k damage medal over 50% of the games im in, while going after objectives. i can 1v1 any class and win 90% of the time. assassins are great if you play them right

Nice name. I lol'd...

Okay, anyone who agrees with this guy and think assassins need a big buff, you are all idiots. I think that the pvp in this game is great and quite equal. the reason you cant do any damage is because you either have the wrong pvp set, or you suck at playing an assassin. Probably both. I have a lvl 50 assassin, and yes I agree there are certain things that need changing but so do most things in this game. This game is only a few months old. Know what you get if you beg for big improvements in patches? WoW PvP. Because once you guys get your wish to where assassins are insanely OP then everyone else will beg for improvements so then assassins will go down and people will just keep complaining about how there class sucks. Well if you don't like this class, buzz off and make a new character.

Assasins are ok? Yes you can do a lot of damage in PVP, if: you have exceptional gear, have a above average game experience, have a pocket healer and the other team sucks. And i wont mention that a Assasin is the least desirable DPS class in the game for PVE.

I like my assassin, but as deception totally sucks without when all your relics/adrenals/recklessness are on cooldown. Without 45% crit a deception assassin will never do any damage, but if you have 45% crit then you obviously have no power and surge.

And operatives / scoundrels have many talents that increase the critical chance of their big hits so they actually stand a chance without always relying on their CDs. An assassin with their CDs ready is freakin DEADLY but thats only 15 seconds every ~2 mins