Gaming Mouse: Razer Naga

Kai_Vos

Hello Friends,

Like many players I'm running into the issue of not having enough keybinding space for all the lovely abilities in this game. So, I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse with +12 keys.

As of right now I'm looking at the Razer Naga: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900

Has anyone had experience using this with SWTOR? If so, is compatability an issue?

Also, does anyone have alternative suggestions? :)

Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

The Razer Naga works fine. I use it and know many others who do as well.

If you set it to use the NumPad keys, make sure that NumLock on your keyboard is on.

Unfortunately due to limitations with the UI you're still only going to see a maximum of 48 buttons on the screen at once, but at least with the main keyboard, a shift state (Shift-1, Shift-2, etc) and your Naga, you'll cover 36 of them. :)

Edited by EmeraldArcana

Hello Friends,

Like many players I'm running into the issue of not having enough keybinding space for all the lovely abilities in this game. So, I'm trying to find a good gaming mouse with +12 keys.

As of right now I'm looking at the Razer Naga: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900

Has anyone had experience using this with SWTOR? If so, is compatability an issue?

Also, does anyone have alternative suggestions? :)

Thanks for any advice.

Thats what im getting. from what i understand it works fine.

I highly recommend the Naga. I use the original version, and I like it the best. I tried the "Epic" version, which is wireless, but in the end, the original is better for me, and it's less expensive anyway.

I use my Naga for everything: MMOs, RTS like StarCraft II, general use, etc. I've had no problems with SWTOR. In fact, there is a SWTOR version of the mouse, but it's $140 (it's like the Epic version, but without interchangeable grips on the right side.

Since I am long winded and want to avoid TL;DR, I'll summarize:

no compatibility issues

great mouse

i love it, highly recommended

Hi,

The Razer Naga works fine. I use it and know many others who do as well.

If you set it to use the NumPad keys, make sure that NumLock on your keyboard is on.

Unfortunately due to limitations with the UI you're still only going to see a maximum of 48 buttons on the screen at once, but at least with the main keyboard, a shift state (Shift-1, Shift-2, etc) and your Naga, you'll cover 36 of them. :)

What I do with mine is have 1 through = on the Naga (don't ever touch numpad for anything, not even on the naga). I have Mouse3 rebound to Control. Then I use 1 to = for my first hotbar and Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+= for my second hotbar. I suppose you could use the numpad setting on the Naga and then have your true keyboard 1 to = for another 12. 24 full keybindings is good enough for me, and then I occassionally click the sidebars for less common abilities (quick travel, buffs, out of combat regen, med pack, etc).

In case you haven't seen it in person, I looked at it and the buttons on the side are REALLY small and close together. For me I decided too much and went with something simpler but if you are ok with smaller than cell phone buttons it seems like a really nice mouse.

In case you haven't seen it in person, I looked at it and the buttons on the side are REALLY small and close together. For me I decided too much and went with something simpler but if you are ok with smaller than cell phone buttons it seems like a really nice mouse.

Yeah I was going to go with the Naga until I saw it in person. I ended up going with the G13 instead which should allow me more customization. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet though, gets here on Monday.

I was a bit worried about that, but my worries went out the door once I got one and started using it. Unless you have a really big thumb, you shouldn't have any issues with the buttons.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.