The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Does SWTOR get more Multiplayer-ish at 50?

lycrates

Ive gotten my self a decent sized guild, plus while leveling, Im a 42 Marauder, My friends list grows by a few people everyday Ive been more social with random people in this game in the month its been out than I have been in WoW in the past 2 years.

In the end In my opinion this game is as social as you decide to make it.

Try BattleField 3.

In first game you will see more massive multiplayer combat than you will do ever in this MMO.

:rolleyes:

Already got Battlefield 3.

Just wondering, that since this game is called a mmo.

What is so massive about it?

8-16 man operations? lol?

Edited by Valperion

Alright, at 31 so far SWTOR has been primarily a single player experience by far (with few sprinckles of Flashpoints, PvP and the rare chance to find find a group for a heroic quest).

How is it at 50? Does it get more Multiplayer-ish?

I am asking because I just pre-ordered "Kindoms of Amalur" from Origin. It will release very soon and if I am going to play a single-player game, I might at least play a real single-player, (in all honesty the"Fed Ex or Kill X" quests dont cut it for me). But if SWTOR gets more MMO-like later, then I should probably put the efford to get to 50.

What do you think? Any advice on level 50 would be appreciated.

Yes it does! You get to stand around the PvP vendors and wait for Warzones to pop. If there were chat bubbles you could talk to people in your vicinity, but sadly there are not.

You can also go off to a planet to farm while waiting for Warzones to pop, but you're looking at a lot of loading screens if you choose that path.

Alright, at 31 so far SWTOR has been primarily a single player experience by far (with few sprinckles of Flashpoints, PvP and the rare chance to find find a group for a heroic quest).

How is it at 50? Does it get more Multiplayer-ish?

I am asking because I just pre-ordered "Kindoms of Amalur" from Origin. It will release very soon and if I am going to play a single-player game, I might at least play a real single-player, (in all honesty the"Fed Ex or Kill X" quests dont cut it for me). But if SWTOR gets more MMO-like later, then I should probably put the efford to get to 50.

What do you think? Any advice on level 50 would be appreciated.

At 50, there is no end-game outside of a couple of dailies on Ilum and sitting on the fleet station waiting for PvP queues to pop. I would normally say that there's FPs/OPS raids to do... but I'm not kidding around here when I say that It is getting awfully rare to see a L50 on my server. I don't even see anyone running anything higher than Hammer Station. It's like people get to 30 and /quit.

The reason why is very simple:

When you make 50, you literally can't do anything productive outside of standing at the fleet station in end-game. Crafting does not scale to

50 and the only things you can do at 50 are heroics/FPs and your space missions from your ship.

You are going to be paying 15 bucks a month for Fleet Station Online for the next several months.

Lots of us have recently figured this out and are pretty much not playing anymore.

Edited by Laeris

I think the social thing is based on the level and server (i.e. how fresh your server is).

It seems a lot of people here are used to WoW when people create tons of alts. So many people in fact, that you can start a character at either side at any given time and already be leveling with many others.

SW:TOR is a bit different as it doesn't have any many people playing. In Bio's defense, it's a fresh game (not even a month old). So everyone that started wants to get to 50 while exploring lots of areas before they go and create alts (yes I understand others create alt, but that probably isn't a lot compared to the player base at large).

The point is, everyone is leveling with classes. I don't mean "Trooper, Sith Inquisitor" classes. I mean a ton of people starting to play at launch (or even earlier) are leveling up, on average, together. So if you start even a week or so late, you're not starting with as many people as when that server launched. It's like High School. Those who are freshman aren't typically on the same level as seniors. Give it another month or so and I think more people will be interacting and creating alts to create a more fluid game (socially speaking).