Expertise is a giant mistake, didn't you learn from Trion?

bodhisattvasw

Expertise is a necessary evil.

If you guys would all quit crying about it for a few seconds and contemplate how removing the stat would effect overall balance and longevity of the game, you might figure out why every major MMO in the last 3-4 years is using a variation of it.

You guys are just like my employees who come to me and complain about why we do things a certain way where I work. They get all worked up, then I explain the bigger picture and they say "oh, I never thought of that".

I think George Bush said it best as he was leaving the White House: "When you know what I know, you will make the same decisions".

this guy just quoted george bush to support his argument

I didnt read the whole thread, but wow created the PvP stat because the 1% of players that cleared the toughest raids would just go PvP in their PvE gear and completely obliterate everyone else. Perhaps this special PvP stat isnt the best option, but it is better than the best and rarely obtained top-level PvE gear dominating PvP.

Edited by Nullcrobicus

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy just quoted george bush to support his argument

I didnt read the whole thread, but wow created the PvP stat because the 1% of players that cleared the toughest raids would just go PvP in their PvE gear and completely obliterate everyone else. Perhaps this special PvP stat isnt the best option, but it is better than the best and rarely obtained top-level PvE gear dominating PvP.

Ok. So, why not make this exact same gear be obtainable by people who spend equivalent time in pvp? If it is really important that the gear be "distinguishable" why not make it be distinguishable in visual form only. Perhaps it could be as simple as the color. The pvp gear has a red tint while the pve set is blue.

take expertise out of pvp gear and put it in pvp valor level . the more valor ( pvp level ) you have the more expertise , no more problems of pve gear dominating pvp .

or make it a pve stat . pvp and pve sets equal but t1 pve ,t2 pve etc progress not in stats but in expertise .

that way a pvp and a pve set are equal in stats but the pve people get a incentive to get other pve tiers because they give more expertise ( that would only work against NPC's ) and make those pve sets look better for the show-off's .

Expertise is a necessary evil.

If you guys would all quit crying about it for a few seconds and contemplate how removing the stat would effect overall balance and longevity of the game, you might figure out why every major MMO in the last 3-4 years is using a variation of it.

You guys are just like my employees who come to me and complain about why we do things a certain way where I work. They get all worked up, then I explain the bigger picture and they say "oh, I never thought of that".

I think George Bush said it best as he was leaving the White House: "When you know what I know, you will make the same decisions".

I don't care about your employees' suggestions about salting the fries less.

I foresee a huge problem with the 50's bracket when new 50's enter it and become 'food' for people that have high expertise they got from GRINDING LOW LEVELS, while the new 50's won't have this luxury. They will be slaughtered. Therefore, choose your solution;

Heres your lack of logic, Your not accounting for operations (PVE raid) gear. You remove expertise people will just stack BIS PVE gear insted.

Your in a MMO there is always going to be people with much better gear (even more so for those new to lv50.). If it was not for the gear there would be no incentive to pvp in general. Just accept it, stop acting like a stereotypical casual gamer and move on.

Heres your lack of logic, Your not accounting for operations (PVE raid) gear. You remove expertise people will just stack BIS PVE gear insted.

Your in a MMO there is always going to be people with much better gear (even more so for those new to lv50.). If it was not for the gear there would be no incentive to pvp in general. Just accept it, stop acting like a stereotypical casual gamer and move on.

There is Better gear and then there's a 15% more Damage, 15%less damage taken and 15% more HP gotten from heals.

Some one with a better that's then me will never be the same as 15%

I've given the explanation in 3-4 of the other whine threads about it and am not going to do it again here because I am tired of reciting it.

I do believe that there are very good reasons for it which keep the rest of the game in balance.

Also, as I've stated in the other threads, I wouldn't be upset if it were removed, I just understand why it is necessary.

If you alienate the casuals the game dies. Is that enough of a reason? What I fear is them making it the never ending hampster wheel with new armor every 4 monthes that has to be regrinded to get. PVP is enough to keep me playing the game without the gear grind. Skill should trump gear in any game claiming to have quality pvp. The big difference between the 2 major schools of pvp'ers is one school wants op gear so they can roflstomp everyone with no fear of losing, the other school wants balanced pvp where every fight is a challenge with the outcome uncertain. I prefer the latter. Havnt we all paid our dues in all those other games grinding gear? Time for a new paradigm. I have a JOB, I have a FAMILY, I have a LIFE. Does that or should that mean I can never be competetive in this game?

wowowoww close to the stupidest threads ive read all day

if they remove expertise there would be no point in getting pvp gear lol

everyone would use pve gear because its better and since there is no point to get the pvp gear

what the **** would people be pvping for if they didnt need the gear from it?

Edited by mondose

Don't remove expertise, it's a good stat.

But DO reintroduce the blue entry-level pvp set. I can't fathom why they removed it from the game in the first place. AFAIK it was available for warzone commendations only, and not that expensive. They should really make it available again, so at least fresh 50s have a starting point with some expertise instead of none at all.

Just to point out that after 2 days at 50 I have 5 pieces of champion gear and 2 pieces of centurion gear. That's after opening roughly 20 bags.

***? Did you grind PVP warzones 24 hours a day those 2 days? 20 bags? When one bag costs 200 warzone and 200 merc commendations (i.e. 800 warzone commendations)?

Not everyone has as much playtime...

Edited by AetherMcLoud