How to force PVP on a PVE Server

Maeh

This happened to me a couple of nights ago in Tatooine. I was suddenly jumped upon by some Republic idiot who was 10 levels higher than me after letting loose some of my AOE.

Funny thing was that I still managed to kill him. so moral of the story is: if you are going to try this, make sure you actually know how to PVP first. ;)

This pleases me :cool: I haven't tried PvP yet, but does this mean that your attacks actually hit normally, and don't get dodged/missed constantly like in WoW?

Edited by archifikoss

What you mentioned is both exploiting a bug, and griefing. If you do this and get reported I wouldn't be surprised if you get banned. Specially if a person opens a ticket and explains they are on a PvE server and someone is exploiting a bug to grief you. Also.... I think trying to get people to use said exploits on the forums may be breaking a rule or two on its own.

Did you not read the entire OP? CS has official said it's not an exploit. It's simply moronic design.

Did you not read the entire OP? CS has official said it's not an exploit. It's simply moronic design.

Did the OP Link a source? A Screenshot? Anything as proof? Or is it just the words of someone who might very well be a troll?

Without seeing the code its impossible to know how difficult this would be to change. They are likely looking into fixing it as soon as possible. Sometimes things that seem like a easy fix can be a logistic nightmare.

That may be the case but some sort of acknowledgement of this issue would go a long way to helping people be a little more patient in the meantime. Sadly as it stands all we are getting is silence and that is not good enough which ever way you look at it.

If this is an intended mechanic them someone at Bioware needs to clarify that and also change how your server description is worded as it is misleading. If this is not an intended mechanic and people are exploiting, again Bioware should say so and that they are indeed working on a fix.

Silence and hoping this issue will go away is not an option any more or at least it isn't if they want a dedicated and long term player base.

Ignore the guy you quoted, that guy is a known apologist for BW.

lol Click my name, click show statistics, click show past threads. I grumble about alot of in-game issues. I hardly support bio-ware. Guess you have no idea what your talking about.

All MMOs I have played simply don't have any of your abilities (heal or dmg) to affect PvP flagged players. They can't hit you, you can't hit them, intentionally or not. Rift does it, CoH..every MMO with PvP.

Are we really to believe that Bioware didn't see this problem coming?

In any case, they just need to use that system. The AoE the lvl 20s are using wouldn't hit the flagged griefer because whether it hits depends on the caster, not the receiver's flag.

Edited by Die_Scream

All MMOs I have played simply don't have any of your abilities (heal or dmg) to affect PvP flagged players. They can't hit you, you can't hit them, intentionally or not. Rift does it, CoH..every MMO with PvP.

Are we really to believe that Bioware didn't see this problem coming?

In any case, they just need to use that system. The AoE the lvl 20s are using wouldn't hit the flagged griefer because whether it hits depends on the caster, not the receiver's flag.

This^

It should depend on the caster's flag, not on the receiver's flag.

Hello everyone,

We know that a number of you wish to discuss this issue and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread where the community is already talking about it. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in the ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!