Same-sex romance...

Adwynyth

If you are going to accuse BW of being biased against homosexuals

Exactly who has accused BW of this? I've read back through and I don't see a single mention of this from anyone. Seem like you're projecting a little bit.

Edited by photoheathen

If you are going to accuse BW of being biased against homosexuals, please play their other games first. Mass effect/Dragon age you can pursue homogeneous relationships, quit the flaming and actually spend time playing the other games BW has put out before you say BW is biased based on your only knowledge of their star wars game.

uh... I'm fairly sure I explicitely stated I'm disappointed it's not added .because. of it being a BW game

*scratches head*

nobody here is flaming. the only reason I would see for flaming is that they keep closing these topics when they come up which I find to be rather rude ... (considering to me this is much more 'game breaking' than a freaking 200,000 pages discussion about macros and addons and the UI when BW said they want the RPG in MMORPG... and a huge part of their RPGs is - as you realised - the possibilities you have to build in-game relations of different characteristics)

Hello everyone!

Since we do feel the current discussion for same gender romance has run its course and due to the unfortunate volatile nature of the conversation, we are closing this thread. For our official statement, please see the following:

Official statement follows:

Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in
Star Wars:
The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.

Should anyone have any questions or concerns, please do email us: communitysupport@swtor.com.

We appreciate your understanding that we've closed this thread!