I think this game will be F2P in 1 year

Nebbycat

Sadly this game is a huge letdown, heres why I think it will be F2P in 1 year or less:

1. Stale, lifeless worlds, frozen npcs, motionless mobs, no swimming, no wildlife

2. Lame race selection, pretty much all humanoid choices, being human is boring.

3. Story is nice but gets in the way after awhile, before you know it you are wearing your spacebar out just to get a simple, fetch quest

4. Sharding the servers to the extreme, lack of server community forums

5. Clunky, broken UI with no customiziation at all, no combat logs, ToT, scaling, isnt this 2012 and not 1998?

6. AH is a chore to use and why no search function.

7. Game is already starting to lose subs as people are realizing how "average" and dull the game is. If you copy Wow then at least add all the features.

8. Pvp is whacked, with no brackets and a stupid RNG reward bag system. Also Huttball is weak.

9. Space combat is a huge joke, Sorry but I stopped playing Star Fox after 1998.

10. Quests are repetitive and mindless.

After Month 1: Game goes down to under 1 million subs

Month 2: Around 700K subs

By summer: Less than 500K

By Fall: 300K or less

In 1 year: EA announces SWTOR is F2P with Cash Shop, population balances out around 200k.

Sadly this game is a huge letdown, heres why I think it will be F2P in 1 year or less:

1. Stale, lifeless worlds, frozen npcs, motionless mobs, no swimming, no wildlife

2. Lame race selection, pretty much all humanoid choices, being human is boring.

3. Story is nice but gets in the way after awhile, before you know it you are wearing your spacebar out just to get a simple, fetch quest

4. Sharding the servers to the extreme, lack of server community forums

5. Clunky, broken UI with no customiziation at all, no combat logs, ToT, scaling, isnt this 2012 and not 1998?

6. AH is a chore to use and why no search function.

7. Game is already starting to lose subs as people are realizing how "average" and dull the game is. If you copy Wow then at least add all the features.

8. Pvp is whacked, with no brackets and a stupid RNG reward bag system. Also Huttball is weak.

9. Space combat is a huge joke, Sorry but I stopped playing Star Fox after 1998.

10. Quests are repetitive and mindless.

After Month 1: Game goes down to under 1 million subs

Month 2: Around 700K subs

By summer: Less than 500K

By Fall: 300K or less

In 1 year: EA announces SWTOR is F2P with Cash Shop, population balances out around 200k.

Funny how I feel the same way about the game. I keep coming back to it every now and then to try and get my money's worth. But I always end up quitting after about an hour or two. Which is pretty low for me. I'm a little hesitant about posting my opinions on the forums because the trolls start calling you a troll for it.

I'm going with 2 years.

WAR and DAoC are not f2p, not sure why. I think they just gave up on them beyond being f2p, instead putting them into service mode where all they pay for is one guy and hosting costs.

I doubt they'd do that with the star wars license though.

Hello all,

While we do encourage feedback of all types (positive and negative) we do ask that it promote constructive discussion on the forums. We have the following thread where you can share your suggestions on improving the game with others in the community:

The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

We're going to go ahead and close this thread.