50 Combat Medic...which companion?

jbktiger

So I am about to roll into 50 soon and I have been lvling from about 30 up as dps with Elara. As soon as I hit 50 I will be going back to Combat Medic healing for PvP and Instances.

So, i am curious as to which companion is best for finishing up quests/dailies as a healer. One of the tanks or a dps? Do either of teh guys like Vik or Yuun have an annoying skill (i.e. Corso and his pull that people complain about)? Is ranged dps more efficient than waiting on Yuun to run up in a group?

Thanks for any thoughts and input. leaning to dps for most stuff and a tank for elites and such.

When I got Vik I switched to him for tanking. Now that I am 50 I switched back to 4X and have used the purple mods from dailies to gear him up. I like the fact that he pulls the mobs away from the mob I CC and does not take damage until the mobs cross the 30 meters to him meaning I get more time to apply DPS. Combat medic with Elara seems rather dps light.

I geared up yuun and haven't looked back. Sadly he seems to take just slightly more damage than 4x but dishes out way more dps. he will usually kill normal mobs while I burn elite. Granted Im hybrid commando and I have to heal him up sometimes. Finding a good weapon is tough so far though.

After giving all of my companions the same equipment and comparing them to each other:

Jaric does moderate damage and takes moderate damage.

Yum does moderate damage and takes high damage.

Vik does moderate damage and takes light damage.

From my perspective Vik is the better of the three.

I hear 4X is good but I'm assuming he doesn't do much damage.