Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...why the ell are you here? Shouldn't you be off playing the obviously much better version of the game?

P.S. Just because Blizz pukes up a stupid idea does not mean that everyone also needs to regurgitate it...

Im playing both. One need not limit themselves. I think this would be a good feature to add to SWTOR. I also think that at least a few quests in MoP being voice acted would be great. See what I did there?

if they lied in the interveiws whose to say they didnt lie on the website when they called ACs archtypes and specializations?

Do you need reading comprehension? In my edit I said they stated that every class would have a unique story, there is no Sith Sorcerer story only Sith Inquisitor.....so in other words, you are either stating you are wrong and ACs are NOT classes or you are calling Bioware liars because they did not make stories for every single class.............which do you choose?

Here, this should explain something to those people comparing class changes to talent changes by making the playing field fair and giving fake base classes to the classes of everyone's favorite MMO, WoW.

Brawler < Warrior (Arms, Fury, Proc.) or Rogue (Assa. , Combat, Sub.)

Naturalists < Hunter (Beast, Marks, Survival) or Druid (Balance, Feral, Resto)

Advance class re-specs are Bolded. Talent re-specs are Italicized.

If WoW had done advance class, then the advance class re-spec would allow you to change from Warrior to Rogue and vice versa. The talent re-spec (which IS in Swtor) would allow your Warrior to go Arms to Fury to Proc.

For those comparing Advance class re-specs to the talent re-specs of WoW, it is NOT the same.

Read my earlier post, it should clear some things up about this whole thing.

Edited by Wildhusky

Originally Posted by Wildhusky

Here, this should explain something to those people comparing class changes to talent changes by making the playing field fair and giving fake base classes to the classes of everyone's favorite MMO, WoW.

Brawler < Warrior (Arms, Fury, Proc.) or Rogue (Assa. , Combat, Sub.)

Naturalists < Hunter (Beast, Marks, Survival) or Druid (Balance, Feral, Resto)

Advance class re-specs are Bolded. Talent re-specs are Italicized.

If WoW had done advance class, then the advance class re-spec would allow you to change from Warrior to Rogue and vice versa. The talent re-spec (which IS in Swtor) would allow your Warrior to go Arms to Fury to Proc.

For those comparing Advance class re-specs to the talent re-specs of WoW, it is NOT the same.[/Quote]

Since when does WoW have classes called Naturalist or Brawler? I have been playing that for 6 /12 years and never once saw those.

Since when does WoW have classes called Naturalist or Brawler? I have been playing that for 6 /12 years and never once saw those.

Read a little above that and it should say I gave them FAKE base classes. I did it to better compare what re-specs people are comparing to.

Read a little above that and it should say I gave them FAKE base classes. I did it to better compare what re-specs people are comparing to.

Sorry but the only thing they did was give specs 3 trees each instead of 1, ACs are not a class, as I stated in my above post, if ACs are a class then you are calling Bioware liars because they said every class would have a unique story or you are wrong and ACs are not classes......there is no middle ground, you people who say ACs are a class need to pick.....are they liars or are you wrong?

"I’ll say this much – any sort of Advanced Class changing is not under discussion for launch, or even right after launch.

Absolutely anything in the game is potentially open to change in the future. That’s part of what an MMO is about. Your feedback on those changes is absolutely welcome, but just because we say that yes, something may potentially happen in the future… that doesn’t make it a certainty.”

http://torwars.com/2011/12/01/stephen-reid-on-advanced-class-switching/

Not coming anytime soon.

Sorry but the only thing they did was give specs 3 trees each instead of 1, ACs are not a class, as I stated in my above post, if ACs are a class then you are calling Bioware liars because they said every class would have a unique story or you are wrong and ACs are not classes......there is no middle ground, you people who say ACs are a class need to pick.....are they liars or are you wrong?

I do call them liars because its in the name Advance classes. I'd rather have my sorcerer do something different than an assassin for story.

Give em a minute they're stretching before they attempt any mental gymnastics in circular logic.

every class can have a unique story, play one DS and one LS. it might not be 100% different, but it is unique.

Should allow Advanced Class respec TWICE ONLY per character. I have a level 41 and would like to try the other AC. No way am I going to roll another to level 40 to realise I had allready picked the right AC the 1st time.

Nobody should have any issue with this watsoever!!

it is depending on the choices you make within your class quests. would you care to continue arguing symantics?

The choices are all the same and it is not based on class, also the argument was if every AC is a class why are there not Sith Sorcerer storylines but only Inquisitor? Trust me they are all the same.....you are reaching and failing, at least the other guy chose his side and called them liars, you on the other hand either can't admit to being wrong or refuse to call them out on anything.

Hey, "NO"-Sayers, could you answer me this one please?

What difference does it make to YOU, if I, playing an Jedi Guardian, reroll a Jedi Sentinel and play it instead of the Guardian or I simply change my Jedi Guardian to a Jedi Sentinel?

Once again: what is the difference for YOU? How does it affect YOU?

If you can give me a logical answer (not such bs like "an MMo HAS to be THIS way", "The Gods of MMOs decided that" or similar stuff where you hide religious-like-beliefs behind arbitrary imperatives), then I will never support the OPs idea again and I will bow to your genius (because I cannot come up with an asnwer that doesnt involve envy, fanatism or other mental ill states)

I am waiting for the miracle...

Give em a minute they're stretching before they attempt any mental gymnastics in circular logic.

How about this: learn to make a decision and live with it.

You're told several times that the selection is irreversible. What is your problem? Kids like you ruined WoW with this kind of whining, and now you're over here saying the exact same things: "Please remove all meaningful choice from the game, 'cause I want everything, right now."

How about this: learn to make a decision and live with it.

You're told several times that the selection is irreversible. What is your problem? Kids like you ruined WoW with this kind of whining, and now you're over here saying the exact same things: "Please remove all meaningful choice from the game, 'cause I want everything, right now."

I'm 32, and they have had respec in WoW forever.

If this goes through why even have advanced classes? Just role them all up under one. e.g. For Trooper, you have commando and vanguard. Their DoT spec (assault) is very similar. Just make there be 4 tree's. Vangaurd Tanking tree, Commandos healing tree, single burst DPS tree, Single DoT tree.

Very lame but so would respecing class..In all it would definitely get the cancel button from me but it would make more sense.

If this goes through why even have advanced classes? Just role them all up under one. e.g. For Trooper, you have commando and vanguard. Their DoT spec (assault) is very similar. Just make there be 4 tree's. Vangaurd Tanking tree, Commandos healing tree, single burst DPS tree, Single DoT tree.

Very lame but so would respecing class..In all it would definitely get the cancel button from me but it would make more sense.

It's not a class, see my post on the other page, if you call them classes you call Bioware liars for lacking a story for my Sith Sorcerer or you are wrong and they are not classes.

I'm 32, and they have had respec in WoW forever.

You are allowed to respec within your class right now. Trooper, Jedi Knight, etc is not your class. Commando, Vangaurd, Gaurdian, etc is your class. Respecing stops being respecing when you can change your class and starts being reclassing. Simple as that.

You are allowed to respec within your class right now. Trooper, Jedi Knight, etc is not your class. Commando, Vangaurd, Gaurdian, etc is your class. Respecing stops being respecing when you can change your class and starts being reclassing. Simple as that.

See above.