GeorgZoeller

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry BW you messed up. DO NOT NERF.

FIX THE MAIN PROBLEM.

Which is... CRAFTING SUCKS.

There really is no reason to craft because of how useless it all is. CHANGE THE SYSTEM DO NOT NERF IT MORE.

Why are you making rookie MMO mistakes? Oh.

BECAUSE YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE KOTOR 3 AND NOT A DAMN MMO.

All of you crying and whining about the reusable items that Biochems can make need to get real. I made a big sacrifice by dropping my maxed out Cybertech, just recently, which btw was stocked full of learned Artifact grade schematics. I did so because I realized I should have chosen it form the start since I pretty much just pvp.

It's pretty pathetic for you to QQ and complain about something to get nerfed when its only because you do not wish to make a sacrifice and are mad.

I'm disappointed that it seems like this game is going the way of WOW and elites are dictating the composition of parties based on 'must haves'.

However the problem is not with the crafting skills, but with the game design. If one is going to create super challenging endgame content which requires extraordinary healing ability to survive then the designers shouldn't be too surprised that people are going to result to whatever means they can to achieve the objectives.

Healing in this game (as far as I've experienced) is somewhat broken. It's too complex unless you're going to be a dedicated healer and that's all you're going to do. There are people who get off on that, but not me. COH does much better. Their healing inspirations (equivalent to a med pack) will heal 25% to 50% health in one shot. Their healing powers don't have complex chains or conditional powers. Most healer specific builds have a combination of group heals and single target heals which are easy to keep track of and easy to use... unlike the convoluted system in this game.

As far as the general crafting situation in this game is concerned it violates the essential principles of fun crafting.

1. All crafting should be useful to the crafter and not just a money & time sink.

2. All items made by a crafter should be at least as good if not better than what can be had from merchants or at least different enough from what's generally available that possession is desirable by players of a similar level. I.e. the best crafted things should be as good as a really good mission reward drop. Right now all the crafted items in the game pretty much suck for their level below level 30 (I haven't crafted anything over lvl 30 yet). Crafted Mods for example should be at +1 to what you can buy from a merchant.

3. Materials for crafting should not be more difficult to find than their rated rarity. I.e. common components should not be hard to find. Rare components should more difficult to find but not impossible.

Personally I think the crafting system in this game is screwed up ... but that's just my personal experience.

As far as the grenades go...

1. They should be available much earlier in the game... say lvl 10

2. They should do less damage over all

3. They should be usable about as frequently as any other attack. The limitation should be the how many you can carry.

Pretty much sums up patch 1.1.

Bioware too damn lazy to make correct fixes so instead just takes the weaksauce way out.

Yup. Bioware, im telling you this is going to bite you in the *** come Sub time. Im seriously considering pulling mine because of your myriad of issues you aren't even acknowledging and

messing up the ones you are.

So Biochem is basically useless in Warzones now?

The Medpacs heal less than the Warzone heals and have been placed on the same timer.

The Adrenals do less than the Warzone adrenals and have been placed on the same timer.

Sooooo glad I picked up Biochem because it was useful in PVP Warzones. :mad:

What did they heal for as compared to now? I just recently pwr lvld Biochem (like 3 days ago) and love the stims/heals i have been using..

Meh... let's reduce pvp burst dmg until healing becomes so powerful that nobody ever dies.

Then we'll nerf healing until everyone dies.

Then we'll reduce overall damage until healing is useful again.

By then you'll be making your game free to play... so who cares.

I agree with all the changes they are going to make, way to op in comparison to other crafting professions

How on earth can you even intelligently 'compare' them? That makes zero sense.

I'll say again to all those agreeing and saying Biochem was way more OP than other classes.. Isn't it just that you wanted to pick it up but chose a dif. Prof. Now you are jsut happy because you feel like your missing out on less. Sigh.

How on earth can you even intelligently 'compare' them? That makes zero sense.

I'll say again to all those agreeing and saying Biochem was way more OP than other classes.. Isn't it just that you wanted to pick it up but chose a dif. Prof. Now you are jsut happy because you feel like your missing out on less. Sigh.

Hmm.. that's not quite true. Do you agree that one craft should be OPed over another? Answer that first. Then we'll continue on with my line of questioning until you logically come to the conclusion that no, no craft should ever be OPed over another or no one would ever use another craft. Unless you get rid of crafting all together or Nerf/OP every craft, one craft should not be OPed over everything else. Not only is it not fun or fair, it's elitist. I agree BW needs to do something, nerf not being the option but keeping it the same isn't the answer either.

Hmm.. that's not quite true. Do you agree that one craft should be OPed over another? Answer that first. Then we'll continue on with my line of questioning until you logically come to the conclusion that no, no craft should ever be OPed over another or no one would ever use another craft. Unless you get rid of crafting all together or Nerf/OP every craft, one craft should not be OPed over everything else. Not only is it not fun or fair, it's elitist. I agree BW needs to do something, nerf not being the option but keeping it the same isn't the answer either.

LOL You keep saying OP Craft. That is my point... Nm, you obviously consider yourself a genius whereas I look at what you type and go, 'lol, huh, oooooook'.

LOL You keep saying OP Craft. That is my point... Nm, you obviously consider yourself a genius whereas I look at what you type and go, 'lol, huh, oooooook'.

no not a genius. i comprehend english yes.

Edited by jndca

This is utter bullcrap!

Every profession should have something thats powerful enough to be comparable. armortech gets epic armors etc, weapons gets epic weapons etc... and those items are sometimes better than anything you can find pre-operation.

with the nerf to biochem your putting that profession out of business, it is not worth the effort to go through levelling that profession to get the small rewards that it has in the end. The "epic" potions and stims etc that gets nerfed is the reason ppl chose the profession, to get a comparable epic feeling of professions as you get with epic armor/weaponry.

I for one hope that BW will then let those whom been levelling these prfessions get their money back, so that they can start levelling another profession and abandon the proffs that are becoming useless.

Edited by Jocken

Meh... let's reduce pvp burst dmg until healing becomes so powerful that nobody ever dies.

Then we'll nerf healing until everyone dies.

Then we'll reduce overall damage until healing is useful again.

By then you'll be making your game free to play... so who cares.

Can see this coming ^.^

Can see this coming ^.^

Sadly, after writing that it really sunk in that I felt what I was writing was true and not just witty banter.

I've now changed my subscription from a 180 day cycle to a 30 day. I figure since the monthly pay period starts in a day and some change I'm only giving them 30 more days and $15 to make some serious progress.

This game has some of the WORST customer support I have ever seen. Even Vanguard CS during launch, which had much worse bugs, was able to at least talk to me like a CUSTOMER and respond to in-game tickets intelligently. The in-game 'customer service' I've received thus far has felt like the worst of the worst dell outsourced rejects they could find were hired to pound on keys like monkeys as cut & paste messages were flung like ***** in response to tickets.

Then I come to these forums and read about how the Devs perform game balancing with Gallagher's Sledge-O-Matic rather than a scalpel... *sigh*

Is balancing needed? Undoubtedly.

Are trade skills anywhere near the investment put into them? Obviously not.

I don't think any of us were expecting this game to be perfect, especially those of us who played in beta. We are paying customers though. We all bought a copy of the game though and deserve to be treated like paying customers. Fix the customer service. Slowly tweak things that you feel are "unbalanced" and be sure to really investigate what the consequences of every change is going to do before implementing it.

Please.

Edited by Rexell

Sadly, after writing that it really sunk in that I felt what I was writing was true and not just witty banter.

I've now changed my subscription from a 180 day cycle to a 30 day. I figure since the monthly pay period starts in a day and some change I'm only giving them 30 more days and $15 to make some serious progress.

This game has some of the WORST customer support I have ever seen. Even Vanguard CS during launch, which had much worse bugs, was able to at least talk to me like a CUSTOMER and respond to in-game tickets intelligently. The in-game 'customer service' I've received thus far has felt like the worst of the worst dell outsourced rejects they could find were hired to pound on keys like monkeys as cut & paste messages were flung like ***** in response to tickets.

Then I come to these forums and read about how the Devs perform game balancing with Gallagher's Sledge-O-Matic rather than a scalpel... *sigh*

Is balancing needed? Undoubtedly.

Are trade skills anywhere near the investment put into them? Obviously not.

I don't think any of us were expecting this game to be perfect, especially those of us who played in beta. We are paying customers though. We all bought a copy of the game though and deserve to be treated like paying customers. Fix the customer service. Slowly tweak things that you feel are "unbalanced" and be sure to really investigate what the consequences of every change is going to do before implementing it.

Please.

^^^ 4 days for an automated reply of my bugged quest? thanks bioware...didn't realize you guys cared so much

they must have pooled all their resources to figure out what to nerf next

So much hate for a game that is only about a month old release wise. The game is pretty stable for the most part. Yes there are bugs, yes there are design flaws, yes there are things that are not as they probably should be. I say live with it or unsub for a while. No game is perfect right out the door. NONE! Look at every MMO ever release, both F2P and P2P. And for single-player games, a prime example of a **** release would be RAGE.

The game will be fixed over time. Just look at previous games. If y'all can't handle the games issues. Quit until such time as they are fixed. Or at least pose your complaints in a format that is intelligable. Just saying, "Biochem is op! All crew skills suck!" may be true but poses no real idea of what you feel is wrong. This also goes for classes such as "OP/Scoundrel is op!" Back up your complaints. BioWare has proven they do indeed listen to the community, albeit not all the time on everything and not as much as we'd like. They still listen more than SOE or Blizzard.

TLDR: Rubber chickens hurt.

So much hate for a game that is only about a month old release wise. The game is pretty stable for the most part. Yes there are bugs, yes there are design flaws, yes there are things that are not as they probably should be. I say live with it or unsub for a while. No game is perfect right out the door. NONE! Look at every MMO ever release, both F2P and P2P. And for single-player games, a prime example of a **** release would be RAGE.

The game will be fixed over time. Just look at previous games. If y'all can't handle the games issues. Quit until such time as they are fixed. Or at least pose your complaints in a format that is intelligable. Just saying, "Biochem is op! All crew skills suck!" may be true but poses no real idea of what you feel is wrong. This also goes for classes such as "OP/Scoundrel is op!" Back up your complaints. BioWare has proven they do indeed listen to the community, albeit not all the time on everything and not as much as we'd like. They still listen more than SOE or Blizzard.

TLDR: Rubber chickens hurt.

TL;DR

My response: Crew skills are useless as in not being able to improve the critical ability enough to be useful and not giving enough rare/blue items when they are needed and the ability delay that is actually quite a large issue and is starting to get really annoying as i creep up in levels.

If any devs are still reading this. I understand you nerfing things is unpopular and can cost money.

However if at the end of the day:

1.) biochem medpcs are still reusable.

2.) They are close to as good as consumable stims.

3.) your average PvP'ers income isn't enough to constantly buy and spam stims as often as the cooldown is up, whilst still retaining enough income to do all the other things they want to do.

Then.

A.)It is still mandatory in PvP.

B.)You will still see a migration of the majority of your PVP players to biochem.

this all could have been avoided if u would have allowed those who didnt have biochem to use the purple medpacs. plus this would have helped the economy a ton. I know everyone would have been buying them. But for some reason you thought hey lets not make those useable by everyone.

this all could have been avoided if u would have allowed those who didnt have biochem to use the purple medpacs. plus this would have helped the economy a ton. I know everyone would have been buying them. But for some reason you thought hey lets not make those useable by everyone.

Because once everybody has a reusable medpac, consumable medpacs no longer sell, and it kills the economy. A little logic goes a long way.

Hello all,

Quick addendum to Georg's post.

PvP overcharge consumable was meant to share a cooldown with adrenals and not stack with the power ups you can run over to pick up in Warzone maps. So players stacking all three were reaching combat numbers higher than intended, which is why we will be changing that in 1.1.

Additionally, we will continue to monitor and tune crafting professions to ensure they are in line with combat targets and toward the goal of keeping them viable in end game but not mandatory for participation. Currently there are several Armormech, Armstech, Synthweaving and Artifice recipes that can be found in end game content. We will be adding more in future updates.

-Gabe

Why not simply add something fun to the other professions that make them a bit more competetive compared to BioChem, E.g. an active ability that can be used every 2 minutes?

For instance, an ArmorMech could craft something that they attach to the armor, which gives them a 15 second damage-soaking shield / increased armor / increased health / increased main-stat (str/will/aim/cun/) or similar (depending on what you want) - Somewhat similar to how engineering-enhancements work in WoW.

An ArmsTech could craft something that they add (as an enchant/enhancement) to overcharge the weapon which allows them to deal more damage for 15 seconds, or something similar.

And so on..

- As long as you are VERY careful about what you add - and make sure that the ability is comparable to the BioChem active abilities - then it should be fine, and will be a much needed buff to the other professions.

Edited by Viconiuz