Trauma Probe Aggro?

Kraylessa

Last night I was doing a Heroic 4+ with some guildies and I was throwing Trauma Probe on the tank before pulls. He would dive into the pack and almost instantly, 1 or 2 of the mobs would turn and start shooting ME. Even though I hadn't cast a heal or attacked and I was standing a good 25 yards back. What is going on here? Is the healing from Trauma Probe generating threat for ME? If so, that's pretty ridiculous and needs to be fixed ASAP.

I would say it is generating threat yes, it isn't uncommon in most games, at least that I've played. Your tank goes in with HoTs, reflects or something of the like and they turn on the caster. I doubt they will adjust this and you and your tank will have to adjust tactics. If they do great, but don't hold your breath.

It is working correctly. The heal from Trauma probe won't put you at the top of a mobs threat list unless the tank has done 0 damage to it. Have the tank pull with AoE or wait to apply trauma probe until he has attacked all of the enemies in a pack.

Well, the only ability I've had that's similar to this in another MMO is Earth Shield on my Shaman in WoW and the heals from it did NOT generate threat for myself. I guess I will have to stop using it the way I did ES in WoW.

Its a lot more like the Cleric's version in Rift, which did in fact generate threat. Its a very small amount though and a single attack from the tank should be enough to prevent Trauma probe heals from pulling aggro.