pulling mobs off my companion

Docsis

I am not a new player, but have a dumb question. I am a lvl 38 Sith Warrior/Marauder with Annihilation specs. I use my healer companion (Quinn) alot when I solo, and I am having a hard time pulling mobs off of him. What can I do to generate some threat so the mobs will attack me instead of my healer? I know I am not really a tank, but shouldn't I be able to pull mobs off my healer?

No flames please, this is a legit question. I played tanks in other MMOs, so this is a bit different for me. I seem to lose my healer companion way too often, which then gets me killed because I have no healer (on tough mobs and/or bosses).

Edited by Docsis

Not sure if you get any sort of taunt power or not. But generally speaking the only way to do it is to generate more aggro then your companion.

A couple ways to do this, is to increase your DPS, look for aggro reducing abilities you can use on your companion, look to see if they have a -aggro stance, maybe turn off some of their attacks.

I know on Mako who was the only healing companion I've had so far, she had a heal only, lower aggro stance. I'd bet your companion has one too.

One other way would be put your companion on passive mode for a few until you grab agro then put your companion back on attack mode. Not sure with yours but mine, Mako, I can make her to be only heals and don't attack. There is an option to boost heals. She will still attack but no as much.

One other way would be put your companion on passive mode for a few until you grab agro then put your companion back on attack mode. Not sure with yours but mine, Mako, I can make her to be only heals and don't attack. There is an option to boost heals. She will still attack but no as much.

Ya, I find it is much easier to grab intitial aggro and hold it than it is to get it back once the healer has it, so make sure you hit the heavy hitting targets first. Opening with smash also helps to aggro as many mobs as possible.

Your healer companion should have 2 stances, a healing a stance and a damage stance. The healing one will lower their threat.

I know with Mako she is constantly not in any stance and I'm always having to set the healing one on her.