Why do we get shafted on commendation vendors?

nonsensezombie

While leveling up (currently 49), I have noticed that every single commendation mod vendor does not have our gear. For instance, the Corellia Mods vendor sells up to 22 Guardian Hilt and 22 Guardian Armoring.

From the same vendor, for the same price, we can only get 20 Might Armoring and 20 Might Hilt. What gives? This doesn't make any sense at all to me. The WoW equivalent would be a PvP vendor who sells ilvl 346 gear to warriors, but for the same amount of honor Shamans only get ilvl 300 gear and there is no 346 available.

Why? I am just utterly confused.

I went Biochem instead of Artifice and I feel like when you choose Sentinel there should be a big pop up saying "YOU PRETTY MUCH NEED ARTIFICE."

Edited by nonsensezombie

I'm not looking for gearing assistance. I know I can purchase them from people with Artifice/Cybertech. I know commendations are better spent on your companions. I still just don't get why the OPTION isn't there.

Regardless of if Guardian Hilts and Armoring are better for leveling, why don't I have the option to get Might?

Edited by nonsensezombie

Imo it's because of crafters in mind, it's easy to get comms imo, not having blues of every type at all levels on the comm vends (and it's no accident its usually might, reflex, resolve, which most ppl use) help crafters sell them and entice to make them. Granted right now its hard to find on GTN and for big prices usually there's a high demand. The option could still be there on comms though as ppl still want them for companions so it really wouldn't hurt crafters much IF that's the reason - and obviously there's purples. Not everyone knows a cybertech or artifice, they shouldn't be slighted either. Edited by ErisktheRed

I don't see how Might armoring is one of the most used armors. It only applies to Sentinels. If our sister class the Guardian gets these items from comm vendors, I just don't get the LOGIC behind why we don't.

Vigilance and Focus Guardians would probably want Might as well. So that's 5 out of 6 spec's of the JK class.

Edited by PantsOn

While leveling up (currently 49), I have noticed that every single commendation mod vendor does not have our gear. For instance, the Corellia Mods vendor sells up to 22 Guardian Hilt and 22 Guardian Armoring.

From the same vendor, for the same price, we can only get 20 Might Armoring and 20 Might Hilt. What gives? This doesn't make any sense at all to me. The WoW equivalent would be a PvP vendor who sells ilvl 346 gear to warriors, but for the same amount of honor Shamans only get ilvl 300 gear and there is no 346 available.

Why? I am just utterly confused.

I went Biochem instead of Artifice and I feel like when you choose Sentinel there should be a big pop up saying "YOU PRETTY MUCH NEED ARTIFICE."

Because as I said in another post, Bioware doesnt give 2 shi** about our class. We are nothing but an after thought and they could care less.

Get the Guardian mods for leveling. Having more health helps a lot more than a little bit more damage. For example, your self-heals are all % based, not based on your damage.

This might be incorrect, as each class has a primary stat, Sentinel's have Strength. A primary stat influences multiple stat categories and doesn't buff in a single linear way. So boosting Strength could, for example, increase your health along with damage as opposed to Endurance will only influences one category.

It's the same for every class really, most of the time the endurance heavy mods/armor/hilts/barrels are higher level than the main stat ones. Hell sometimes they don't even have a main stat one. For example I think it was Hoth or Voss that didn't even have the Aim oriented mods, just the Commando ones that have more endurance than aim. Not much to do about it, whoever itemized the vendors probably did it quickly and so there's a lot of mistakes, or it's intended.

Bioware went crazy in the last few weeks of beta with "rapid iteration" of itemization and vendors etc. They're probably barely cognizant of the fact the comm vendors selection of mods are so unbalanced. The Skill mods (cunning) also tend to be either completely missing or under-leveled. Edited by marshalleck

OP, if you took five seconds to look at all the mods, you would notice that the Endurance heavy version is always lower level then the equivalent main stat heavy version of the same number.

A might mod 20 is the same level requirement as Guardian 22 mod.

Not a bug, working as intended. Go to the auction house or get a guildmate.

Though I would be upset about the lack of Aim heavy stat mods on hoth : \

Edited by Blazehound