Specialization reset

wagstorm

Hi there

I've been looking around on the net (and in the forum) and I simply can't find the answer.

Is it possible to reset the class specialization?

Like Sith Inquisitor -> wants to switch from Sith Sorcerer to Sith Assassin?

How and what does it take, if it is possible?

I'm still downloading the game, so I heaven't come to that point yet. :)

Welcome to TOR.

I'd also like to point out, just for the sake of clarity, that each of the advanced classes has 3 skill trees. These are actually your specializations and can be reset at a skill mentor. There will be one on your capitol world and your fleet station. In some cases, the differences between the specs isn't very pronounced, such as with one of the DPS-only ACs, but in other cases it's a dramatic difference, such as with a DPS/healer or DPS/tank AC.

In all cases, don't expect big changes in the way your class or AC play right away. The first couple tiers in each tree are more about bolstering you toward your chosen spec. But eventually you'll start to notice the evolution of your character based upon the spec.

(This may all be apparent to you, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to cover it here, even if only for others who may happen upon the thread.)

Welcome to TOR.

I'd also like to point out, just for the sake of clarity, that each of the advanced classes has 3 skill trees. These are actually your specializations and can be reset at a skill mentor. There will be one on your capitol world and your fleet station. In some cases, the differences between the specs isn't very pronounced, such as with one of the DPS-only ACs, but in other cases it's a dramatic difference, such as with a DPS/healer or DPS/tank AC.

In all cases, don't expect big changes in the way your class or AC play right away. The first couple tiers in each tree are more about bolstering you toward your chosen spec. But eventually you'll start to notice the evolution of your character based upon the spec.

(This may all be apparent to you, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to cover it here, even if only for others who may happen upon the thread.)

I knew some of it, but still got some new information though! Thanks!

Cheers.

Welcome to TOR.

One more bit of granularity is that of all the trees 1 is a shared tree. Generally that tree is a generic DPS spec. When choosing your spec, you will be presented a pop-up that gives decent overview and a means to look at all the trees. Slow down and take an additional couple of minutes and it never hurts to ask for a few opinions as long as you remember that is all they are.

One more bit of granularity is that of all the trees 1 is a shared tree. Generally that tree is a generic DPS spec. When choosing your spec, you will be presented a pop-up that gives decent overview and a means to look at all the trees. Slow down and take an additional couple of minutes and it never hurts to ask for a few opinions as long as you remember that is all they are.

Thank you, I forgot to mention that. Additionally, even though a tree is shared between two ACs, it does not mean that it will play the same. Obviously something like +1% damage is +1% no matter what, but some skills have different affects based upon the AC or, more commonly, the skills modify something that is already modified by your choice in AC, thus often having a much different effect.