2 Million copies sold...but can't find 1 person :(

Jkronoff

Leveling is really killing my experience. Don't get me wrong, the story rocks...but...WHERE IS EVERYONE?! :/ My main (lvl 34 sorc) bumps into 1 person or so every hour...sure there's the chat channel...but I can't seem to find ANYONE.

We all know the whole "single player game" arguement that everyone brings up, but that is not what im trying to get at. How besides talking to people in guild can I make it feel like im not the only person on the planet?

Not sure if the maps just too big, or what....but there is a decent size community. And my server is high pop. I fear this may lead me to returning to the game that should not be named. Which I DON'T want.

How are others approaching this? The empty feeling in this game is totally ruining my experience here. :(

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leveling is really killing my experience. Don't get me wrong, the story rocks...but...WHERE IS EVERYONE?! :/ My main (lvl 34 sorc) bumps into 1 person or so every hour...sure there's the chat channel...but I can't seem to find ANYONE.

We all know the whole "single player game" arguement that everyone brings up, but that is not what im trying to get at. How besides talking to people in guild can I make it feel like im not the only person on the planet?

Not sure if the maps just too big, or what....but there is a decent size community. And my server is high pop. I fear this may lead me to returning to the game that should not be named. Which I DON'T want.

How are others approaching this? The empty feeling in this game is totally ruining my experience here. :(

Go stand in fleet

Well a lot of places are instanced so there's not much you can do. The only time I really play with others is Heroics/PvP whilst leveling since Flashpoints aren't worth it.

ugh...the reason I bought this game and wish to pay a subscription is to play an MMO. meaning that I could see actual other people playing at most times, which I just find really really awesome. I wouldn't mind paying $60 for playing by myself as the stories are great, but idk if I want to pay a sub every month for the "MMO" experience which I seem to find non existant :/

And yes, sure there are players in the fleet. But really? 1 place...that's not where you do missions etc (Not counting pvp and flashpoints...) I feel as if they just made the game TOO big..

Server: Port Nowhere, but don't take the name of the server the wrong way, there are a lot of people in nowhere...the queues used to be horrid.

Edited by Jkronoff

I dont understand why so many people are complaining about this... I'm Level 26 aand competing for boss/elite kills on a regular basis. I've had random people group with me for a kill so we could both get credit for it.

/shrug?

Because you are level 26 brah. Only 10 more level until you unsub.

I dont understand why so many people are complaining about this... I'm Level 26 aand competing for boss/elite kills on a regular basis. I've had random people group with me for a kill so we could both get credit for it.

/shrug?

See that's the kind of stuff that most people dred that I WANT. The feeling that someone else is actually there! What server do you play on if you don't mind? and what about the population? Cause mine is pretty full and yet I don't get this...

The only time I did was like launch day, where everyone was lvl 1...

/shrug?

the sweet spot right when people start getting bored and rerolling. don't worry around 40 you will be alll alone. like playing mass effect on easy mode with 20 miles of walking in between each battle!

im having a blast. join a guild and make some friends to level with. ive seen plenty of people running around talking in general and basicly having fun. hell.. bioware even gave you one friend already who wont make fun of you to much when you get both of you killed. :)

im having a blast. join a guild and make some friends to level with. ive seen plenty of people running around talking in general and basicly having fun. hell.. bioware even gave you one friend already who wont make fun of you to much when you get both of you killed. :)

That's my problem, I can't meet anyone to keep on friends list to lvl with! I ran a flashpoint with guild once, but lvling wise, it's hard to find a guildie on the same planet...

Usually if I group with someone for a quest, i am pretty social, and can become friendly with them. But the chance to is non existant. :/ blah. I've been following this game so long. I don't want this to be as big of a disappointment as WAR

See that's the kind of stuff that most people dred that I WANT. The feeling that someone else is actually there! What server do you play on if you don't mind? and what about the population? Cause mine is pretty full and yet I don't get this...

The only time I did was like launch day, where everyone was lvl 1...

I'm on Darth Bandon... and on top of that, the majority of my playtime in the past week is no where NEAR primetime, and I'm currently playing Republic. I really dont see it, and I hate going to the fleet 'cause I get FPS lag like a boss becasue there are so many people. :(

Right the game is empty, except the server status doesn't reflect it at all.

My suggestion is go down to the newbie areas, or the fleet. Meet some new people, maybe help them level with an alt and bang. You got yourself a steady group to do content with

Sounds like the OP is more suited to playing WoW where there are thousands of players on at once waiting to grief/spam/harass/complain/ninja you until you are so unhappy you unsub.

You should be thankful you can enjoy the game as it is because the problem with MMO's is that they are full of people.

Will i be playing this in a year? IDK but damn i'm going to enjoy my experience while it lasts. It's up to BW to keep me entertained.

TOR is the best MMO out by far atm.

Sounds like the OP is more suited to playing WoW where there are thousands of players on at once waiting to grief/spam/harass/complain/ninja you until you are so unhappy you unsub.

You should be thankful you can enjoy the game as it is because the problem with MMO's is that they are full of people.

Will i be playing this in a year? IDK but damn i'm going to enjoy my experience while it lasts. It's up to BW to keep me entertained.

TOR is the best MMO out by far atm.

No, I WANT SWTOR TO DO GOOD. I enjoy this game. I would like a bunch of people around like WoW. However not the reasons you listed...common...lets keep this forum constructive.

Try making an alt in WoW, and you will be lucky if you see one player in each zone up to Cata lvling zones. everybody is sitting in Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

i have no problems finding groups for heroic's, and i usually see lots of ppl running around in each zone.

Edited by Ookami_Nikurasu

the sweet spot right when people start getting bored and rerolling. don't worry around 40 you will be alll alone. like playing mass effect on easy mode with 20 miles of walking in between each battle!

lol, totally agree with you.

but on a heavy or full server, ppl want to group with you since lv1,

but it often DC, for example, TS server.