Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Assassin/Shadow mirror imbalances

_Scattered_

Ok guys, I play shadow, we have this thing called resilience which gives 3 second immunity to force and tech abilities.

Now shadow damage is reliant on a force potency + project -> force breach combo.

So here is the thing, when I am fighting our mirror the assassin he can negate my primary damage as soon as *see's* the rocks come out of the ground. Whereas since his equivalent ability is instant I can do no such thing.

Assassin > Shadow.

TLDR: A competent assassin will beat an equivalent shadow most of the time due to mirror imbalances.

Edited by _Scattered_

I agree project animation needs speeding up but in the mean time you can do what any competent shadow/sin player does and count clairvoyant/voltaic slash animation and pop immediately after the second. It is a very obvious animation.

Also, while we are on the subject if you want to get technical project has a huge advantage over shock. If we force cloak and your rock takes it sweet time hitting us even after the damage already applied before the cloak you break our stealth.

Edited by kainsec

I agree project animation needs speeding up but in the mean time you can do what any competent shadow/sin player does and count clairvoyant/voltaic slash animation and pop immediately after the second. It is a very obvious animation.

Also, while we are on the subject if you want to get technical project has a huge advantage over shock. If we force cloak or regular stealth for that matter and your rock takes it sweet time hitting us even after the damage already applied before the cloak you break our stealth.

Sorry but if they have the sense to delay the burst then there is no way to predict it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.