sigh @ posts being deleted/locked

WretchedTundra

so this happened on a recent post.

----------

Hello everyone,

Glad to hear you're having a wonderful gameplay experience

However, we are closing this thread, since it does focus more on the community rather than Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself. While we do appreciate the kind words, we ask that threads made in General Discussion focus on gameplay rather than the players.

We appreciate your understanding as to why we've closed this thread. Happy adventures!

----------

Now I'm just confused as to how something that focuses on the community of the game (which is pretty much part of the game in an mmo) is considered not about the game! haha. Anyways I'm sure this will be blocked/deleted, but figured I'd get people's thought's on this before they do.

My thoughts, these are the worst forums I've ever seen in terms of actually discussing the product they are representing. Granted they are gold in my book for entertainment value.

I agree. The "general" forum should just be for informative posts from BW about the product, and user chat. All of these constructive posts should be in their own forum. With how fasts posts fly through this forum at times it would make sense to me to have them be in a constructive forum where the major issues and posts could get stickied for ease of access and reference (especially as there is no search feature).

They use that for the "complaint about the community" threads, or any that complain about the forums themselves. They aren't game related. Regardless of if they start with praising the game before pivoting to the complaining. Edited by Die_Scream

I agree. The "general" forum should just be for informative posts from BW about the product, and user chat. All of these constructive posts should be in their own forum. With how fasts posts fly through this forum at times it would make sense to me to have them be in a constructive forum where the major issues and posts could get stickied for ease of access and reference (especially as there is no search feature).

Mmm that's a good concept, except I would switch it around a little. They should further section the general forum down into more specific areas, like game, community, misc, and whatever else I can't think up. I agree that things fly through these forums wayyyy too quickly.

Sadly, this will never happen though. It's a good lesson learned for us, if we ever decide to make our own forums that have a mass amount of people on them :p

They use that for the "complaint about the community" threads, or any that complain about the forums themselves. They aren't game related. Regardless of if they start with praising the game before pivoting to the complaining.

Ah, but it was a post about the community which is in theory game related. Or am I wrong to assume that the community in an MMO is related to the game? Which is the main question I was asking. The contents of the other posts don't matter.

Hello everyone,

We always appreciate feedback and questions regarding moderation and customer service, it helps us know where we can improve and what we're already doing right. We want the forums to be a constructive and safe place for all of our community to participate in and your feedback is crucial to that.

We're going to close the thread now, but we highly encourage you to send us an email with your questions, concerns and comments regarding moderation and moderation policy. Our email address is: communitysupport@swtor.com