Combat Medic in need of advice.

DonPappas

This is the first time in my many years of mmo playing that Ive ever played a healer. I need some advice on the best skill tree choices and the best ways to keep my party alive. Any help would be appreciated. Edited by DonPappas

Here's a sample build, the last few points are up to you. I play on a PvP server so anything that helps me out survivability wise is what I go for.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRbcdkqZrco.1

As far as a typical rotation, think of it as a "priority" system if your familiar with MMO terms.

Bacta Infusion should be used on almost every cooldown, followed by Kolto Bomb. Always use Advanced Medical Probe before Medical Probe (since MP will be free after AMP). Trauma Probe should be placed on the target that has the aggro (usually the tank). Use Supercharged Cells every time you hit max charges and preferably while AMP is on cooldown since it refreshes the cooldown on AMP. Hammer Shot should only be used as a filler, it doesn't do a whole lot of healing, but with high crit rating is a good way to keep First Responder proc up. I've noticed while healing most of my charges for Supercharged Cells is generated by Medical Probe.

Also remember you don't have to just use Hammershot on your party members, you can also use it on the enemies for a little extra damage if no one is in need of any healing.

You need to use the PvE spec in my link. The 2 points in assault is actually the skills that gives you 4% Alacrity which you'll need once you hit 50. You basically just use Medical Probe, Advance Medical Probe. Certain talents will make them better. You'll want to get Kolto Bomb, Trauma Probe, and Bacta Infusion.

Always keep TP on your tank. Use Kolto Bomb on the tank, and any melee around. It hits 3 targets. Unless you need to use it on range. Gives a buff for the healing you do on a target. Bacta Infusion has a big Cooldown but it's nice to spot heal with, or help bring the tank up.

Use your cooldowns often. If your having ammo issues just Hammer Shot the enemy in PvP and a friendly target in PvE.

I completely agree with the above replies. I've loving my Combat Medic.

The one thing in order to be the best healer you can be is really take full advantage of Supercharged Cells. I find I never have ammo issues as long as long as I keep the KB buff up, use Supercharged Cells as often as I can (In those "Oh **** moments", you can spam AMP and MP instead of using just MP with full ammo cost).

Some people don't like KB but I use it as soon as it's off cooldown because it's easy to heal the group small amount and keep their health at near max and the 15% increase in healing on top of that. What are other peoples thoughts?

EDIT: Sorry yeah the KB buff is only 5% increased healing

Edited by vizsanity

I completely agree with the above replies. I've loving my Combat Medic.

The one thing in order to be the best healer you can be is really take full advantage of Supercharged Cells. I find I never have ammo issues as long as long as I keep the KB buff up, use Supercharged Cells as often as I can (In those "Oh **** moments", you can spam AMP and MP instead of using just MP with full ammo cost).

Some people don't like KB but I use it as soon as it's off cooldown because it's easy to heal the group small amount and keep their health at near max and the 15% increase in healing on top of that. What are other peoples thoughts?

According to the tooltip Kolto Residue is only a 5% increase in healing. Its unique to Commandos, so its an obvious choice in PvE but I'm not sure its worth it for PvP over having 2 points in Med Zone or Cell Capacitor.

EDIT: This is especially true in PvP because you cannot choose who Kolto Bomb hits. If more than 3 allies are standing near each other, Kolto Bomb will seemingly heal three at random and Kolto Residue may get applied to people with full health rather than those that actually need healing.

Consider this my plea for Kolto Bomb to have smart healing.

Edited by Rehash