In case you missed it: Combat logs are coming, but only for yourself

Felioats

It was sort of tucked at the end of one of Georg's posts, and while I noticed it, I haven't seen any threads on the matter.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1435443#edit1435443

Finally, I'd like to acknowledge, again, that we do understand that there is a desire for players to get more detailed information what happens to their character in combat. We agree with those requests and are working on various ways to, optionally, get more detailed data on your combat performance.

Thanks for your feedback!

-- Georg

That's how I interpret the quote, anyway.

(EDIT: Emphasis not mine. In the original quote, the word "your" is italicized)

And it's all right by me. The people who want logs say they need meters to let them gauge their own performance as a point of personal pride. Few have been willing to admit they want them for any other reason.

This should satisfy pretty much everyone -- both the people who want logs to help them better themselves, and the people who don't want the culture of elitism and exclusion that meters foster.

Edited by Felioats

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good no recount for group. And you know personal DPS. Now everyone wins. No loud mouth in raid shouting everyone's number's and if you ask me mine. I'll lie.

OR you will have guild leaders requiring logs to be submitted at the end of each raid so they can be reviewed by leader and officers.

Where there is a will, there is a way (at least in guilds).

Good no recount for group. And you know personal DPS. Now everyone wins. No loud mouth in raid shouting everyone's number's and if you ask me mine. I'll lie.

Why would you need to lie, unless you were slacking, being a leech.

You want to join my heroic pug.. I'll force you to upload a combat log from within the last week to a website validating your claims of being able to defeat content.

I need a reason to start programming web pages again.

Only monitoring my performance is not good enough. I know I'm good. It's everyone else I'm concerned about.:p

Win !:D Yet so true. However I really don't think it will be only a personal combat log. After all, a combat log includes deaths, fails, etc. which would be quite useless if you could only see your data.

Bah not concerned about guild runs anyway (why hide from guildies - they're there to help each other get better, or should be anyway). But random yelling kids. Anyways, being able to maximize my own performance without jerks mixed in - pretty much win win. Hope it stays that way.

You want to join my heroic pug.. I'll force you to upload a combat log from within the last week to a website validating your claims of being able to defeat content.

I need a reason to start programming web pages again.

ok ill just make you wait 20 mins while i photoshop it, or simply refuse to group with you and move on looking for another group, either way its a win to me

A shame. A real combat log would allow me to quickly identify bad dps'ers so I don't have to group with them. It's fair enough that some people are either bad or not interested in doing good dps - but I very much would like the choice not to group with them. As it is now - I just avoid grouping with anyone but my wife. I had enough of playing with bads in wow - I simply won't stomach it in another MMO.

And no I don't want to raid - so don't tell me to join a heroic raiding guild if I want to avoid bads.

ok ill just make you wait 20 mins while i photoshop it, or simply refuse to group with you and move on looking for another group, either way its a win to me

Which is what you could have done anyway with open meters in game. This whole 'I don't want people to see my data because they might call me out" stuff is pretty sad.

I think you are reading to much into that one word. I think he just used it as it was a more convenient way to say it rather than "get more detailed data on the combat performance of characters in game."

This is the only post in the thread that makes sense