ability delay...don't experience it... You talking about buttons not working?

Tierdal

Or the fact that you don't see damage done until the animation finishes...

Cuz all damage is done within the global col down..whether it happens instantly or .5 seconds later it doesn't matter...

And I've never had my abilities not fire when I press's them...so what are pele talking about exactly?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your ignorance is too much, Bioware has admitted this problem is real and is working to fix it.

They've said it's an issue for some. How am I ignorant when I personally have never experienced what is in that video? Did I say it didn't exist? No, but I am saying it is likely more to do with under-performing PC's and is requiring some sort of compensation to fix it. Specifically in this video, even the person who posted it says it is made worse in open areas or where there is likely to be more demand on the computer itself.

I just don't happen to be playing TOR on a Super Nintendo...as such I've never seen it or have never been affected by it.

Edited by TradewindNQ

Keep in mind the mob being targeted in this video actually takes damage at 00:00.8xxx, well before the damage "numbers" begin popping up, regardless of the state of the firing animation.

Edited by Apax

there is a delay and some ability will not trigger if used during a bad routine because some skill make the GCD unresponsive after using them... It's like a bad dance dance revolution if you try to use your resilience or any other instant they won't trigger if you used any skill that have animation longer than the GCd.

They've said it's an issue for some. How am I ignorant when I personally have never experienced what is in that video? Did I say it didn't exist? No, but I am saying it is likely more to do with under-performing PC's and is requiring some sort of compensation to fix it.

I just don't happen to be playing TOR on a Super Nintendo.

i7 920 3.6ghz

8g ram

2x 570tgtx

What Nintendo system are you using?

They've said it's an issue for some. How am I ignorant when I personally have never experienced what is in that video? Did I say it didn't exist? No, but I am saying it is likely more to do with under-performing PC's and is requiring some sort of compensation to fix it.

I just don't happen to be playing TOR on a Super Nintendo.

ROFL, stop now before you look even more clueless.

Keep in mind the mob being targeted in this video actually takes damage at 00:00.8xxx, well before the damage "numbers" begin popping up, regardless of the state of the firing animation.

Yeah the top comment says the same thing, it's mostly a cosmetic issue in the case of the floating combat text.

They've said it's an issue for some. How am I ignorant when I personally have never experienced what is in that video? Did I say it didn't exist? No, but I am saying it is likely more to do with under-performing PC's and is requiring some sort of compensation to fix it. Specifically in this video, even the person who posted it says it is made worse in open areas or where there is likely to be more demand on the computer itself.

I just don't happen to be playing TOR on a Super Nintendo...as such I've never seen it or have never been affected by it.

I am not affected like the video mentioned up there but other class for me are producing the same bug ... It seems like if you don't really pay attention you don't see it but in pvp when you want to use certain skill and you end up mashing the button for 10+ second you kinda get mad...

From what i can see if the skill doesn't work using another non instant THEN using an instant will work instantly ... it seems to me like the real culprit isn't the instant it's the skilled used BEFORE that make the game glitch.

i play it on a gtx 580 and a i7-950 @4.0ghz. i am experiencing ability delay too it has nothing to do with the pc specs.

Oh also thats 100% BS, never have they said it has "been an issue for some".

Their response to the issue

Several of the issues brought forth by the community have already been dealt with and you should see the fixes integrated in coming patches, including those coming this month. Every lead mentioned on the forum is being investigated and I cannot stress enough how useful your feedback is – especially when coupled with the level of details found in some of the posts.
Edited by Falcker

That is really interesting.

If they can have the mobs health disappear right when animation starts, why not have the numbers show up then as well?

Going to be nice to see BioWare fix this.

That is really interesting.

If they can have the mobs health disappear right when animation starts, why not have the numbers show up then as well?

Going to be nice to see BioWare fix this.

I assume this was done on purpose. Seeing laser fire strike the target and damage numbers floating up as a result visually makes sense. Seeing damage numbers floating up a second or two before the attack animation plays out would give the impression of some serious lag.

Edited by Apax

i7 920 3.6ghz

8g ram

2x 570tgtx

What Nintendo system are you using?

i play it on a gtx 580 and a i7-950 @4.0ghz. i am experiencing ability delay too it has nothing to do with the pc specs.

i7-2600K

eVGA P67 FTW

8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600

120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

1TB WD Black 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache

eVGA GTX 570 HD

Corsair TX750 v2 PSU

110+fps anywhere but fleet (including in warzones), where for about 30 seconds of initial loading it'll drop to about 40, then back up to 65-80.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood the overriding point, Lmaonade is close specs aren't the only concern. Maintenance habits, driver versions, other components and their individual performance, background applications etc. You both only list CPU/RAM/Video card (curious they're both OC'd too...but w/e) but omit other components that can equally contribute to overall performance such as the HDD(s).

ROFL, stop now before you look even more clueless.

Well it appears that someone doesn't like when people disagree with them.

Look at this video.

Post a video showing this does not happen to you and I will believe you don't experience any ability lag.

This actually looks annoying. If you've ever played WoW like me, you're probably used to being able to move with your mount before the cast bar even finishes.

Also, my crew member's 1+ hour 2k+ credit mission just ended in a failure. Thought I'd share that before I force choke him.

Edited by Apax

i7-2600K

eVGA P67 FTW

8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600

120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

1TB WD Black 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache

eVGA GTX 570 HD

Corsair TX750 v2 PSU

110+fps anywhere but fleet (including in warzones), where for about 30 seconds of initial loading it'll drop to about 40, then back up to 65-80.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood the overriding point, Lmaonade is close specs aren't the only concern. Maintenance habits, driver versions, other components and their individual performance, background applications etc. You both only list CPU/RAM/Video card (curious they're both OC'd too...but w/e) but omit other components that can equally contribute to overall performance such as the HDD(s).

Well it appears that someone doesn't like when people disagree with them.

Game performance like loading times and framerate has ZERO to do with the discussion on ability delay. ZERO ABSOLUTELY ZERO TO DO WITH ABILITY DELAY. There are 3 threads capped out at over 1000 pages regarding Ability Delay and the devs have come forth and said that they are aware of the issues and that THEY are working to fix them which it not only acknowledgment of the issue, but acknowledgment that its on their end.

This doesnt have to do with you disagreeing with me, it has to do with the fact that you are uneducated on the subject and are trying to White Knight the games flaws.

Oh also thats 100% BS, never have they said it has "been an issue for some".

Their response to the issue

That response says nothing about the extent of the issue either. Oh hold on a sec...yes...it does...only you omitted it for whatever reason.

During the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we’ve been paying a lot of attention to the game’s responsiveness. As pointed out by some people on the Forum, a very responsive experience is one of the factors that separate the best MMOs from the others. This is something we are fully aware of and take extremely seriously.

Now that's probably just referring to the whole "experience" portion, I'm maybe reading into it as it's likely people pointing out the issue are also describing how it affects the experience. Regardless, as myself others have said here and in those other threads they're not experiencing the same problems and not to the extent some are reporting.

This doesnt have to do with you disagreeing with me, it has to do with the fact that you are uneducated on the subject and are trying to White Knight the games flaws.

Clearly you have reading comprehension issues. I've never said it doesn't exist at all and that people are just making it up. I am saying I have personally not been affected by it. If anyone is trying to overstate their argument, it's you.

Edited by TradewindNQ