The sound in this game...

Aigik

...seems to be completely borked. I've had this problem since launch, and I know a few others that I game with have the problem as well. Sound cuts in and out. This includes things like music, speeder sounds, background noises, etc. Sometimes the game will be fine. I'll be on Balmorra, hearing the sounds of war in the background, along with the music, and it's perfect. Then suddenly it all stops, and the only thing I can hear while traveling the planet are sound effects (specifically: footsteps, voice-overs, and abilities play fine).

It seems to be any looping sounds that have the problem. For example, a lot of times when I ride the rocket trams on Corellia, it will start off with sound, and about 1/4 into the journey the sound stops, and I watch the rocket tram zoom down the track in complete silence. It can be a real immersion breaker.

Anybody else having this problem, and is this a known issue?

I have only noticed this when on my STAP, youll be hovering along listening to the engines, then all of a sudden nothing. Not a big deal to me, i found it rather funny. Wish at that point my PT would just stop and scream and then say "oh im not deaf from my explosions"

Alright, so I'm walking by two soldiers having idle conversation, right? I hear them clear as day as I walk by.....its a conspiracy...whisper whisper, whatever. Not my business. So I load up my speeder and drive off, and their voices begin to fade. Then, magically, for no apparent raisins, I hear them as if they secretly hitched a ride on my speeder and have now both decided to speak to each other facing either side of my head.

Yep I have this issue as well I'm using Nvidia Audio and it is the quietist game ever with the music hardly ever playing and all the weird NPC voices following me even though I passed them by ages ago.

I really really wish they would address this soon.

The problem as I can sense it is that there's only one soundchannel.

I have a headset capable of playing surround and it doesn't happen. Sound either comes in on one side and jumps to the other or it vanish because another sound have taken priority. Or it comes from both sides at once in order to create the illusion of surround.

The budget for this game was used on cutscenes rather than ingame stuff that would make the experience feel more immersive. Either that or the hero engine is a load of male bovine excrement that really can't handle something as simple as an 80's walkman could.

i have the same problems as you OP. had these problems since beta, sent plenty of tickets about it.

The game can be so nice at times, when i have the ambient sounds, the music, the cinematics/voice over all at once, it gets pretty epic but then i will start having the ambient sounds loop or vanish, same with music...i really wish there was continuous music too :(... but the worse, the very worse is when i lose all of it except the sound of my footsteps, no sound at all, just footsteps with a bit of echo to it, it sounds terrible. huge immersion breaker for me but i just hope they can fix it or whatever

The problem as I can sense it is that there's only one soundchannel.

I have a headset capable of playing surround and it doesn't happen. Sound either comes in on one side and jumps to the other or it vanish because another sound have taken priority. Or it comes from both sides at once in order to create the illusion of surround.

The budget for this game was used on cutscenes rather than ingame stuff that would make the experience feel more immersive. Either that or the hero engine is a load of male bovine excrement that really can't handle something as simple as an 80's walkman could.

Yeah, I had a problem with my G35 playing out of only one ear (the right ear) in stereo mode for most of the game's sounds, the alternative was switching on the godawful fake surround sound that makes everything sound like I'm in a giant cave, so I just use a cheap headset to play this game now. I wasn't sure if it was something on SWTOR's end, or Logitech's end, but regardless, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with these issues.

• 2 weeks later...

shameless bump

I'm still getting this problem, i lose all ambient sounds in certain areas, all i hear is very loud, "echo-ish", footsteps. It's almost creepy :D

Windows 7 64 with creative X-Fi titanium if that helps (yes the drivers are up to date :p)