Power Surge - poor ability?

Undorett

Is it just me, or is power surge a horrible level 50 ability for Mercs? I went Arsenal line, I really don't ever need to instantly cast anything. Is this skill better for one of the other two lines? Abilities effected by it cannot even be used on the run, even though they are then considered instant cast.

I would much rather have it negate the recast of the next ability used, do something to help manage heat, or be some sort of mobility move.

What skill do you guys use it with? Do you find it as useful as other classes' level 50 abilities?

Is it just me, or is power surge a horrible level 50 ability for Mercs? I went Arsenal line, I really don't ever need to instantly cast anything. Is this skill better for one of the other two lines? Abilities effected by it cannot even be used on the run, even though they are then considered instant cast.

I would much rather have it negate the recast of the next ability used, do something to help manage heat, or be some sort of mobility move.

What skill do you guys use it with? Do you find it as useful as other classes' level 50 abilities?

I don't see much use for it coming from an arsenal merc, but I haven't hit 50 yet. Looking at it from the bodyguard perspective, having a heal be instant would be pretty useful. Combined with thermal sensor override, you have a free heal

It's literally a lifesaver in PvP. Use it with conc missile or a heal for best results. In PvE? Probably not so much unless you desperately need to get some CC off.

I can second this. I find it extremely useful in pvp in the above mentioned situations. I usually save it for a concussion missle.