Commando PVP healing is incredible

ndruo

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ this

Pair up with a decent tank and you are unstoppable. So many times my vanguard buddy and I have survived waaaay longer that we should have. Nothing brings a bigger smile to my face than having 4 imps jump on the tank just to find out that hes being healed. Then they switch to me (being the healer) and watch me heal through their dps because of guard and taunts. Then switch back to tank and then backup shows up and murders them.

After that comes concussive charge on the bridge in voidstar

Love my medic :)

The lack of an real AoE heal and a dmg reducing skill are really the one things, that put CM's behind. If you could skill to throw your Reactive Shield on others too, that would be great.

You can keep yourself and 1 teammate alive for eternity, because his ammo management is ridiculous and he can heal burst damage and dots pretty decent too.

He's also not too versitale cuz of the lack of utilitys and the fact the he kinda needs to put all his time and effort into healing (to keep up your scc stacks).

I commend combat medics, I gave it a shot the other night and it is a lot harder than gunnery, so many more skills to keep track of! But their survivablility is great and it was fun after I got the hang of it. I just felt so week though I like to do damage too. But I did see a video of a CM getting 4k on charged bolts which is better than my grav round, so I would like to know how that works..

I commend combat medics, I gave it a shot the other night and it is a lot harder than gunnery, so many more skills to keep track of! But their survivablility is great and it was fun after I got the hang of it. I just felt so week though I like to do damage too. But I did see a video of a CM getting 4k on charged bolts which is better than my grav round, so I would like to know how that works..

so are you one of those who believe that you only need 3 skills with gunnery?

try reach 600k damage with that, good luck man.

I just started doing some pvp with my lvl 27 combat medic and I wonder if it's because of my level or just need to get the hang of it, but when I have a 1vs1 dps against me and I only heal, no dps, pure heal, I still go down within seconds. Do we get better damage reduction skills later on or is it just the fact that I am still low lvl that is causing this?

Not complaining, just curious. I know I am terrible at twitch gaming which is why I usually don't pvp, but felt like healing in a more chaotic environment than pve for a while, but even when I top the healchart it still feels like my heals hardly do a thing. People go down so fast!

- signed by a complete newbie in the pvp department :)

You can contribute to damage as a CM, I can get over 100k damage and a bunch of kills fairly easily while healing.

Especially at the start of the match. Spam your ammo bar empty with charged bolts then use supercharge for free charged bolts (if specced) while you are pumping damage your ammo bar will recharge since you're not using ammo for the duration of super charge.

Once super charge is done your ammo bar is full again LOL. I did this a few times in alderaan when my team was full of healers already. It was fun.

Since you're level 27 you should have 3/3 Field Triage. If your screen is too chaotic, you can use your raid frames to heal (friendlies within your heal range will be lit up). Just make sure to watch out for a "cannot see target" error message. That means you've targeted someone on the other side of a pillar/corner/wall. If you are good at whack-a-mole, then you will make an excellent Combat Medic.

In PVP, using a healing hammer shot is a surefire way to attract a lot of unwanted attention to yourself. Don't do it unless you are SURE you want people hitting you (as opposed to someone else). Stand somewhere inconspicuous and drop AMP -> MP combo as often as possible, and MP whenever AMP is on cooldown until you hit 30 stacks of Combat Support Cell.

Once you hit 30 stacks, pop your relic, use Supercharge Cells and drop your Kolto Bomb into a crowd of friendlies who are taking damage. The Kolto cloud buff + the SCC healing buff + the Kolto Barrier will mitigate incoming damage and boost the amount you heal by a significant amount. While you're Supercharged, just spam AMP -> MP on whoever is taking damage.

These are the foundations of a successful PVP CM:

1. Stand in inconspicuous places
  2. Don't use Hammer Shot unless you want 3 people to jump you
  3. Enable raid frames and play whack-a-mole with lifebars
  4. AMP -> MP combo is awesome
  5. Use SCC + Kolto, then supercharged AMP -> MP spam to make enemy DPS cry
  6. Ask for tanks to keep you guarded

Edited by ndruo

Since you're level 27 you should have 3/3 Field Triage. If your screen is too chaotic, you can use your raid frames to heal (friendlies within your heal range will be lit up). Just make sure to watch out for a "cannot see target" error message. That means you've targeted someone on the other side of a pillar/corner/wall. If you are good at whack-a-mole, then you will make an excellent Combat Medic.

In PVP, using a healing hammer shot is a surefire way to attract a lot of unwanted attention to yourself. Don't do it unless you are SURE you want people hitting you (as opposed to someone else). Stand somewhere inconspicuous and drop AMP -> MP combo as often as possible, and MP whenever AMP is on cooldown until you hit 30 stacks of Combat Support Cell.

Once you hit 30 stacks, pop your relic, use Supercharge Cells and drop your Kolto Bomb into a crowd of friendlies who are taking damage. The Kolto cloud buff + the SCC healing buff + the Kolto Barrier will mitigate incoming damage and boost the amount you heal by a significant amount. While you're Supercharged, just spam AMP -> MP on whoever is taking damage.

These are the foundations of a successful PVP CM:

1. Stand in inconspicuous places
  2. Don't use Hammer Shot unless you want 3 people to jump you
  3. Enable raid frames and play whack-a-mole with lifebars
  4. AMP -> MP combo is awesome
  5. Use SCC + Kolto, then supercharged AMP -> MP spam to make enemy DPS cry
  6. Ask for tanks to keep you guarded

Thanks for the tips, I did most of them already except for the supercharged tactic and the most important one: Don't stand in clear sight if there is any way to hide. It's such a basic and simple rule, but somehow I just didn't think of it. I played a lowbie lvl 14 sniper tonight (I have way too many alts, but that is besides the point) and ofcourse automaticly tried to hide/stand in hard to reach places. It truly bewonders me that I did not do that on my combat medic. I'm sure the next time will go much better. :)

In response to the damage dealing concerns of Combat Medic. Supercharge Cells affects more abilities than just some of your healing ones. While under the effect of Supercharge Cells you get really good ammo management with damage dealing. Charged Bolts and Full Auto. Just find an opening and unload.

As a CM I kinda like standing in places where people will want to attack me(except a tracer missile noob). I have decent expertise, like 9%, then pop the shield wall and get 3-4 on me and run away and watch my team wreck em.

And I really don't like a pure healing spec in pvp. Bacta infusion is pathetic. My current spec is a hybrid going up to "tenacious defense" in the gunnery tree. Tenacious defense+2pc dps pvp set=15 second conc charge :) Can someone say OP?

Edited by Jooji

Take muzzle flutting so when you supercharge you get free charged bolts. If you spend the points for 70% uninterrupted charge bolts when you pop your talented shield you are immune to interrupts and pushback for 12 seconds.

In 1 on 1 situations with your reactive going and supercharged drop that kolto for 10% more mitigation and just melt face with free uninterruptable charged bolts.

Now that I run with a team I am full heals but when I was doing solo queues I ran 31/10 with points in pushback resistance and muzzle flutting, so I could do some damage. Sometimes killing a dps saves you more hassle than healing through the damage.

My Wife and I play a Vanguard and Commando Pair and god we have so many laughs when they try and Burn her down only to realize she is being guarded by me and then 4 or five people from their team jump us as our team hits a door or scores in Huttball....More then once I have pictured the Imps going Why the F**k won't they die.

Yeah, it's awesome, took me a few tries to get the hang of it PvP at 25 and jiving with the proper rotation and not being so obvious in healing... at 33 it became really fun with field triage just allowing for more DPS with much better ammo efficiency for heals.

Supercharged Cell is so nice not just for healing, but DPS... 10% increase to dmg and free charged bolts or even 1 is good. I went with the Charged Bolts reduction early on Gunnery for better DPS (more for PVE/solo) so free Charged Bolt... Combat Shield is also awesome with supercharged cell... immune to interrupt and pushback (assuming you take healing pushback and maybe one in gunnery).

What I miss is a combat revive. I know AoE is bad but with the right rotation/stats it's never been a huge issue for me. And as said, never use Healing bullets. I find ppl don't go after me like say a Sage. Tho the cannon is a giveaway you're a potential healer, you can have a lot of protection with your shield and skills in it.