Lets face it WOW pvp > SWTOR pvp

Cutnail

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said I hated the game, the pvp is terrible though.

This game has more skillbased pvp, its a fact.

Not trolling, at least not as hard as you.

You're opinions dont matter either.

Cool story bro.

My main is a sorc in full BM (missing helm). Most people don't break through my bubble before they die. Yeah, skill. Falling back on memes huh? I guess you're waving the white flag :D

I would love to say that SWTOR is better but i honestly cant

Everything is tied in with animations slow animations at that

Casters have auto aim

The warzones are all just zerg zerg

Classes are not mirrored for other faction

Ridiculous amounts of CC

Resolve bar doesnt seem to work as intended

Why shouldn't we expect a game that was released now to compete with existing games? Why should I have to wait 7 years for this game to develop?

Let's see....because its a new game? Think of it like this....WoW has been out for 7 years. Meaning 7 years ago, it was completely buggy and full of glitches. WoW had long que times in vanilla (yes it did so don't bother arguing). Sw:Tor took 2 years to make. They wanted to work on it LONGER but they were forced to release it. So what do you expect? Sugar Cookies and Rainbows coming out of your game screen saying "This game is all for you my love :D"? You will have to wait for the game to develop. It wont be perfect in 7 years. WoW is still far from perfect. WoW still has bugs believe it or not. Now will it take Sw:Tor 7 years to be less buggy? No. They are fixing as much as they can as fast as they can. I'm sure the game will be pretty much fixed up by the 6 month mark. Give it a year. It will be greatly improved upon. If not then that's when its time to call it quits.

Every MMO will have bugs. You will never get rid of every bug or glitch. Look at what people say about Skyrim. Lol. Be patient and the game will improve. I predict that in a year it will be on par with other MMOs. Just gotta enjoy the ride. Leveling is much more fun than on WoW. Its even fun to have alts :D

Let's see....because its a new game? Think of it like this....WoW has been out for 7 years. Meaning 7 years ago, it was completely buggy and full of glitches. WoW had long que times in vanilla (yes it did so don't bother arguing). Sw:Tor took 2 years to make. They wanted to work on it LONGER but they were forced to release it. So what do you expect? Sugar Cookies and Rainbows coming out of your game screen saying "This game is all for you my love :D"? You will have to wait for the game to develop. It wont be perfect in 7 years. WoW is still far from perfect. WoW still has bugs believe it or not. Now will it take Sw:Tor 7 years to be less buggy? No. They are fixing as much as they can as fast as they can. I'm sure the game will be pretty much fixed up by the 6 month mark. Give it a year. It will be greatly improved upon. If not then that's when its time to call it quits.

Every MMO will have bugs. You will never get rid of every bug or glitch. Look at what people say about Skyrim. Lol. Be patient and the game will improve. I predict that in a year it will be on par with other MMOs. Just gotta enjoy the ride. Leveling is much more fun than on WoW. Its even fun to have alts :D

The prob with PvP is far from just being buggy everyone can expect the game to be buggy or should if they have any past history in MMO releases

Full loot PVP is the stupidest idea in the world. Half the time you cant afford to PVP. Zergs win all the fights against nakeds standing at spawn. Cant wear any of your good armor. LAME LAME LAME. And Darkfall?? you don't even have to PVP in that game, just buy your fort or castle and your good until the same people that sold it to you take it away again and sell it to someone else.

I dont think this topic is about bugs and glitchez,its about how Bio had 2 years to get us some kind of World PVP,and now they just realized that its working not as they intended.

Yes but also its beyond world PvP its PvP in general that seems to not be working as intended

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

BioWare has told Eurogamer that Mythic Entertainment will "without a doubt" help out on Star Wars: The Old Republic, as there are "absolutely opportunities to share and learn" within the newly formed RPG/MMO group.

I hope they will take best PVP aspects from War and use it in SWTOR.

And in near future u will see Jedi runing around Praag or Dragonwake

Here is a full link.....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bioware-...p-star-wars-mmo

Even the vanilla system in WoW was better, atleast you KNEW you were getting gear.

This is like playing the lottery...and if your on republics side...forget those pvp dailys.

Again gear doesnt make PvP the gameplay/combat in WoW was better even in vanila cause of responsiveness and not having EVERYTHING tied in with animation

Arena's were a big factor in me leaving WoW, couldn't get over the fact that they made 2v2 3v3 and 5v5 the centralized focus of pvp.

Nothing at all MASSIVE about 5v5.

Personally, MMO PvP should be as large as the game engine can handle, but again, this is my own opinion.

Not saying there SHOULDN'T be small-scale arena-based PvP, but it should be a diversion to, rather than the focus of MMO PvP.