Game Trailers' review of SWTOR

DoctorBeckett

I think the review is a bit high - and he could've touched on some of the more noticeably absent features of the game...

I know right like how it doesn't play at all like pong or space invaders, ***?

He reviewed the game for what it is not what he would make it if he was a developer.

I think the review is a bit high - and he could've touched on some of the more noticeably absent features of the game...

Thats like reviewing a movie and giving it -point for not having sandra bullock in it.. How can u review stuff that aint there? He should focus on what IS there and review that.

This review score seems about what I would give it.

Trouble is, the game is so huge that dozens of aspects could get their own review score. PvP, story, replayability, technical merits, zone design, pew pew (space combat), heck even a platform game aspect. On top of that, the game was launched unfinished and unpolished. With such a high score, the reviewer must have ignored some of those blemishes, assuming they would be fixed within months of launch.

Way back when, like around Empire Strikes Back, I read a newspaper article giving Star Wars a luke-warm review, saying it fell short of the Star Trek franchise (which at that point was only the original series). That seems laughably short-sighted now, but it reminds me of forum posters who vociferously condemn the game for not being enough like what they're used to, rather than let SWTOR be, and become, its own game.

Edited by ArkhamNative