DAoC 2

Zomgasm

After hearing a billion people discuss Dark Age of Camelot, I f'n miss that game.

Bioware should definitely develop DAoC 2, Keep all the concepts and layouts the same. Just update the interface and add an easier method to level other than grind away. Easily Game of the Year for any PvP Enthusiast.

Tri-Faction

No PvP Only Gear

Best CC and Realm Rank to additional Realm abilities being unlocked. RR5 Class abilities. God I miss this game.

(Not saying SWTOR isn't a blast and I'm very happy with the game thus far. Just some food for thought!)

Edited by Zomgasm

Check out Dominus. It's not DAoC 2 but they're trying to make it a sort of spiritual successor. Also it's SciFi.

I would kill for daoc 2...

dominus graphics are sooo bad though... and swtor has temporarily soured me on sci fi :p

DAOC2... would be so glorious!

But they killed classics and the graphics are beyond dated.

graphics are crap in this game and thousands of players get terrible fps

at least we could all run daoc at max with smooth fps :D

when did they kill the classic servers? what did they do with the characters there?

Edited by -micah-

TBH I would still pay that extra $15 a month for a buffbot account, this game was that good. All the talk on these forums about it has really made me miss the best PvP based game I've ever played. (coming from a Rank 1 and multi-glad past WoW player)

You weren't limited by weekly gear resets for instances, everything was encounter based on a certain time of "ingame time" so during a specific time during the night a special mob would spawn to grab your artifact encounters etc. Everyone had the ability to obtain any piece of gear they wanted.

Building gear templates and having a soft cap, then overcapped hardcap on stats was always an awesome feature. This kept it balanced and granted there was a ceiling for all stats, it was purely 8v8 based roaming the world at Speed 5. Running around as a group and not on mounts seemed so much more engaging than running around on mounts. You had your 1 driver and everyone else was spotting while they guided the group. Roaming a VERY large area and finding fights just fine. Ahh the memories.

graphics are crap in this game and thousands of players get terrible fps

at least we could all run daoc at max with smooth fps :D

when did they kill the classic servers? what did they do with the characters there?

Classic server died in dev.

/stick

/face

/assist

winning the cc battle and assist training targets in priority

or all the stealther wars.

solo open world pvping was actually viable in that game. lots of the 8mans would leave you alone. the second they stopped to roll you another 8man could get the jump on them.

the glory days