Permanently turning off Companion Abilites

Thraknar

As a shadow consular I am constantly using mind maze on groups to attempt to keep the fights under control, however Qyzen has different ideas. Every time he is re-summoned, or that I get off my mount, his aoe turns on automatically even if I had previously turned it off. It is a hassle to open up his bar every time he gets out and turns it off. I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the ability permanently or if i'm just going to continuously turn it off.

It is the same for every class. The Smuggler's claim to have a universal battle cry now: "Dammit, Corso!" :p

Some companions have the worst defaults possible and they reset constantly. Going down an elivator? Better check your pet's skills afterwards. It is a constant process. But on the good side, I have learned to turn the AoE's on and off as needed for almost every group and do it quickly.

Correct, it is kinda broken. However, it will last until the next time they are summoned. So hopping off your mount, moving to a new "zone" or any other phase transition will reset them. Unfortunately you just need to be mindful of it until they fix the issue.