The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

First part is peripherals, second one achieved only by modifications to core. And yknow, changing core without developer comments (i mean engine developer) have never never never NEVER NEVER NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!!!

NEVER!!!!

been a good idea. Yeah, you may (or may not) get improvements in framefrate. And at same time **** up stability and, as i said, make it picky about hardware. Just because you did not develop it and did not consult with creator about "improvements" you are going to implement.

I'm guessing there's a lot more to it than just what was mentioned in those quotes.

"BioWare is a label of Electronic Arts"

There are 6 or 7 different "BioWare" studios now. Pretty sure that means 5 or 6 of them have nothing to do with BioWare except for the name on the front of the building.

If you're talking about Austin specifically, James Ohlen has been with Bioware since Baldur's Gate. Georg's been around a while too.

Edited by daemian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally don't see what the big problem is for bioware to simply do what they do in everquest 2,make an option in the graphics setting where we can choose how many high res characters to display at 1 time,that way those of use with very high end systems can see all the eye candy and those with lower end systems can just turn off the high res characters.

its a shame to see just how much we are missing not having high res textures in a brand new game.

and you cant say because it is a game that was in development from 5 years ago....eq2 has been live for 8 years now and with all settings on high you can actually see the individual chain links in a character's armor,armor in swtor looks like it was painted on.

someday ill see if i can post some screen shots on my characters in eq2,the difference will blow your minds.

Not trying to derail the thread or anything, but anyone else having problems with some of their posts either not showing up after posting or possibly being deleted? Maybe they are auto-removing posts with certain keywords or phrases?

I am on the same page and disappointed with textures etc....enough said....but, do you guys truly believe you would even have the slightest clue at what stage the engine the game runs on is? I am sorry, I find this kinda ridiculous. BioWare would have further developed the engine to an extent we cannot fathom or understand(most of us). All such claims are unfunded and speculation unless confirmed by actual BioWare developers.

P.S. I find it offensive to call BioWare EAware btw. EA is JUST a publisher that's it. If this was a 100% pure EA product we would get jack all. Keep that in mind please.

You realize "ignorant" should not be an offensive term? It's only offensive to the insecure that are insecure about being ignorant.

It literally means "lack of knowledge" and has nothing to do with intelligence or general character.

I, myself, admit I am ignorant about a LOT of things: aviation, gun laws, cullinary arts, etc.

It's just because I lack knowledge of those things. Don't take it so hard, champ.

i personally don't see what the big problem is for bioware to simply do what they do in everquest 2,make an option in the graphics setting where we can choose how many high res characters to display at 1 time,that way those of use with very high end systems can see all the eye candy and those with lower end systems can just turn off the high res characters.

its a shame to see just how much we are missing not having high res textures in a brand new game.

and you cant say because it is a game that was in development from 5 years ago....eq2 has been live for 8 years now and with all settings on high you can actually see the individual chain links in a character's armor,armor in swtor looks like it was painted on.

someday ill see if i can post some screen shots on my characters in eq2,the difference will blow your minds.

I'd love to see them (honestly). I'm not trying to argue, but EQII is the single worst performing game I own. I get better framerates in Crysis Warhead on Enthusiast settings. I'm assuming even with high res textures in, TOR will still run better, for me personally.

Edited by daemian

P.S. I find it offensive to call BioWare EAware btw. EA is JUST a publisher that's it. If this was a 100% pure EA product we would get jack all. Keep that in mind please.

EA OWNS Bioware. Lock, stock, and barrel of code mokeys. EA has re-named their previous EA-monikered dev houses "Bioware (X)" so as to profit from the Bioware name and reputation.

You can find the truth offensive all you want, Bioware as a company is dead.

Keep that in mind, please.

Say hello to EAware.

Ive personally had no frame rate issues and have not got a serious problem with the game at all. Although the textures are nice at slightly higher resolutions :) here are my shots of the standard view, holo terminal glitch and setting tweaks with Catalyst control centre.

currently downloading the 12.1 preview drivers to see if they change anything.

http://i.imgur.com/Xs9RF.jpg

Here are some more, with my preferences too.

http://i.imgur.com/AQE24.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cE1e1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/feYFD.jpg

My imperial agent looks pretty good, but my Jedi outfit is pretty bad also.

The character select screen uses the same textures as cutscenes. Nothing will help that piss poor jedi robe, lol. That's just bad work from the art department, I think.

Also just thought about it

Why you (developers) cast away hard work of designers and artists, that were drawing high res textures for this game? High res texture for boots you'll see once in 1-2 days in a cut-scene, and even at this rate - for 5 sec top. It's unfair that their credit to a game just being thrown away like this. I really wonder what's their opinion on "We won't show 10% of your work to anyone lol".

In case it hasn't be said, for ATI users dowload ATI Tray Tools and check the box "Force mipmap filter" under standard tweaks and it will in able reflections of metal surfaces. Its not much, but its an improvement.

http://imageshack.us/f/850/screenshot2012011300090.jpg/

I'll try and screen cap a conversation to later.

Ive personally had no frame rate issues and have not got a serious problem with the game at all. Although the textures are nice at slightly higher resolutions :) here are my shots of the standard view, holo terminal glitch and setting tweaks with Catalyst control centre.

currently downloading the 12.1 preview drivers to see if they change anything.

http://i.imgur.com/Xs9RF.jpg

Can I ask what video cards you are using? I'm using 2 5850's in crossfire, with the 11.1 drivers. Mipmap does make things shiny for me, but nothing compared to what you and some others are posting.

The character select screen uses the same textures as cutscenes. Nothing will help that piss poor jedi robe, lol. That's just bad work from the art department, I think.

Yea I know. Was just saying that we're asking for "high-res" textures from the cutscenes, when some of the high-res textures look pretty bad. Pretty sad lol.

Can I ask what video cards you are using? I'm using 2 5850's in crossfire, with the 11.1 drivers. Mipmap does make things shiny for me, but nothing compared to what you and some others are posting.

Currently using crossfired 6850's with 11.12 that the pictures were taken. Ive really not had any issue with graphics, I was just curious to see how it would look ^^

I'm using a single 6870.

Also I couldn't find a conversation so used the character slect to better show the shinny armor.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7149/screenshot2012011300281.jpg

EA OWNS Bioware. Lock, stock, and barrel of code mokeys. EA has re-named their previous EA-monikered dev houses "Bioware (X)" so as to profit from the Bioware name and reputation.

You can find the truth offensive all you want, Bioware as a company is dead.

Keep that in mind, please.

Say hello to EAware.

PERHAPS you should goto EA's website and actually see how individual studios are handled in fact if i wanted to open a studio under EA called troller mctrollerson studios

if i had the credentials they would publish my games on their dollar while i do all the creating. under MY DOLLAR.

you have no CLUE as to how EA works do you?

PERHAPS you should goto EA's website and actually see how individual studios are handled in fact if i wanted to open a studio under EA called troller mctrollerson studios

if i had the credentials they would publish my games on their dollar while i do all the creating. under MY DOLLAR.

you have no CLUE as to how EA works do you?

Qft son!