[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

first of all, you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. It's really not that big a deal, I actually appreciate them at least trying to head off the issue rendering tons of players on the screen can cause, (massively lagged ironforge?) and really you should be mad at the ppl with ****** comps trying to play that force us all to get gimped.

secondly, i've played the game on 3 different computers so far...and it looks as good as it does in that "false advertising" photo ppl keep posting on 2/3 of them that i've used. It looks pretty terrible on the comp that is only slightly above the recommended specs. So i wouldnt use the reccommended specs as a baseline for getting decent graphics, thats just not going to happen.

So either its not really as bad as you all say (trolls), or my guess (and probably the true one) is a lot of ppl have under specced comps (or don't know how to set up their graphics cards)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently he had no comment to those of us who tweeted him yesterday asking why Bioware is still using high res textures in their PR materials.

He already figured, he failed at his job. So, he's just trying to avoid another PR disaster :)

Can anyone point me to fan sites or review sites that have written about this issue??

- W.

Here are some. I especially like the Gamezone one, cause they don't pull punches.

http://kotaku.com/5875469/why-most-o...ared-at-launch

http://www.gamezone.com/news/swtor-s...tting-is-a-lie

http://mm****.com/2012/01/11/star-wa...-textures-011/

http://www.***********/2012/01/11/sw...-res-textures/

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01...-texture-conc/

Yeah this is unacceptable. The high res graphics they showed in the promo vids was not the only reason but definitely one of the reasons i decided to purchase this game. Now I see it was just to get sales and were getting the short end of the stick I refuse to support this game if they don't make amends asap like next update. If my system could play FF14 on high I'm sure I can play this on high w/o a problem. I'm playing rift on Ultra. How BW going to speak for gamers as far as their machines performance they don't know what we run. I'm sure 75% of the player base could of ran the high settings w/o a problem. This is a very lame excuse BW. We aren't going for it. You guys are dropping the ball way too many time for me.

1. Graphics swindle

2. Horrible endgame gear(looks and not making the stats between the epic teirs stand out from one another)

3. Cross server LFG tool (lack of)

4. Terrible UI

5. combatlog and macro's (I can wait on this but might as well toss that in there too its a easy fix)

1-4 are deal breakers If these can't be addressed in the next patch/update or 2 then I'm gone. (for good)

I had no issues in beta and have since upgraded even .... Give me my high rez textures back

seriously

if people cant run it then they can lower the graphics its simple

couldn't agree more. this info is disappointing.

nope.

in fact the game rarely usings 99% gpu. it hovers around 36-75% and my fan never goes above 40% and temperatures never above 78.

gtx 570 classified, latest beta drivers.

i bid you good day sir.

Too bad I have a GTX 590 and get 80-99% usage all the time while standing still and just starting at a fricking wall or whatever. Good day to YOU sir nubblet.

first of all, you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. It's really not that big a deal, I actually appreciate them at least trying to head off the issue rendering tons of players on the screen can cause, (massively lagged ironforge?) and really you should be mad at the ppl with ****** comps trying to play that force us all to get gimped.

secondly, i've played the game on 3 different computers so far...and it looks as good as it does in that "false advertising" photo ppl keep posting on 2/3 of them that i've used. It looks pretty terrible on the comp that is only slightly above the recommended specs. So i wouldnt use the reccommended specs as a baseline for getting decent graphics, thats just not going to happen.

So either its not really as bad as you all say (trolls), or my guess (and probably the true one) is a lot of ppl have under specced comps (or don't know how to set up their graphics cards)

So you're magically able to get access to the high resolution textures that the developers themselves have said you don't have access to? That's quite a feat! Would you mind sharing with the rest of us how you managed to hack the game?

Or you're just another lying fanboy.

I wonder which is more likely.

Too bad I have a GTX 590 and get 80-99% usage all the time while standing still and just starting at a fricking wall or whatever. Good day to YOU sir nubblet.

Your video card seems to be dying. You're going to need a replacement soon.

Try underclocking it to avoid overheating it, unless you can get a replacement right away.

Edited by carnac_fett

Can you explain the hack you used to access the high resolution textures Bioware has said aren't available?

Either you are trolling or you are completely ignorant about what texture resolutions are. In neither case is your post helpful.

So you're magically able to get access to the high resolution textures that the developers themselves have said you don't have access to? That's quite a feat! Would you mind sharing with the rest of us how you managed to hack the game?

Or you're just another lying fanboy.

I wonder which is more likely.

or his appreciation level is easily filled.... The graqphics are still playable for a game ... they're just the same quality as we've seen in the past 8 year when we tought we were getting up to date graphic that could compete with the other option currently on the market . Currently Swtor is simply on the same level as F2P game and does not warrant a recurring fee.

or his appreciation level is easily filled.... The graqphics are still playable for a game ... they're just the same quality as we've seen in the past 8 year when we tought we were getting up to date graphic that could compete with the other option currently on the market . Currently Swtor is simply on the same level as F2P game and does not warrant a recurring fee.

They certainly are playable but at the same time the game is certainly capable of more. We know for a fact the game ran perfectly fine with high res textures in because those of us who were part of the early beta tests had it. We just want to return to that state or somewhere close.

Edited by PellonSW

All that i can say is that i am really geting angry , Bioware have always before listent to there fans / costumers . But now dont even care about us .

Is it so hard to let us that have high-end pc to see the game that it was meant too be ?

why i only find out about these terrible flaws after i buy the damn game

Because all of the promo screenshots and videos you saw used high res textures from Bioware's internal build instead of what's actually playable in the live client. It's called false advertising and a lot of us are pretty upset about it.

well for one i have forced AA in nvidia inspector it makes a a lot cleaner game. But the textures are god awful and no its not my comp

Intel 990 x

8 gigs 1600

1 590 gtx

windows 7 64 bit

fios 4.5 DL

for the record i was in beta since build 2 build 3 they turned on high res pacs for about 6 hours. promptly brought the servers down and removed them. it looked beautiful. they also stated they would be back for launch that some users expeirenced problems so they were removed. the texture look like Chit on my machine when i go to chr select its almost laughable. in game its a tad less noticeable because i'm busy doing things. but it is no where near the graphic quality they advertised nor what they had in beta build 3. dont defend the non defensible this is just complete and total rookie MMO developing nothing less Bioware has a a lot to learn , the game is solid and engaging but they severely underestimated their audience.

Bioware plz look at Trion and their development cycle. not blizzard they have done nothing but make their game worse in the last 2 and a half years.

You guys have hi res textures in cut-scenes and low res in-game?

I have low res textures in cut-scenes too, is that "normal"?

I'm sure they can control the number of players in this scene and I still have low res textures: http://imageshack.us/f/39/screenshot2012011316233.jpg

Lol! That is a WHOLE OTHER issue. Right now we are focusing on character textures. Why all of the planets look like something out of a Super Nintendo game, we may never know.

Since nothing is being done here except issuing warnings to players voicing their opinions, and high res textures continue to be advertised when they are not delivered, I have filed an FTC complaint for false advertising (takes 5 minutes online to do, google it, since the mods just delete the url here), by definition on their site, this is exactly the case.

To those of you waiting for the cryptic "Q1 improvement", best of luck to you, I applaud your devotion. I'm sure other MMOs will be out near then, and actually deliveron thier promises.

Either you are trolling or you are completely ignorant about what texture resolutions are. In neither case is your post helpful.

my point is, the promo photos are not "false advertising" if they can be reproduced.

which they can.

And many games are marketed this way. Ppl suggesting that users should contact the BBB is a waste of time.

Lol! That is a WHOLE OTHER issue. Right now we are focusing on character textures. Why all of the planets look like something out of a Super Nintendo game, we may never know.

Haha! I know.

But I'm having problems with character textures in cut-scenes too.

my point is, the promo photos are not "false advertising" if they can be reproduced.

which they can.

And many games are marketed this way. Ppl suggesting that users should contact the BBB is a waste of time.

Reproduced by whom?!? Id***t...