Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I want a Free Month how about You?

LexonLightsaber

The only thing a free month would do is keep me playing for another month. If they don't fix all the issues it will be pointless. I am already bored to tears/slightly disgusted with just how done I am with this game.

Which is why this is a very bad idea.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO!! .

Every launch there is one of these guys.

Hey i noticed a tree didn't render correctly on HUTTA I want a free month to compensate.

Priceless !

I didn't use that as a reason and wouldn't. Please if you want to comment on the post use the examples that i have posted for my reasoning for a free month, Thank You.

Time, is the inconvenience. Time it took me to find out that i was not able to get high resolution textures on my characters. Time it took me to figure out the the settings bar that states high resolution texture was not high. The time it took me to read all the forums to figure out the cause as to why there is no high resolution texture. Time it took me too wait for a response. Time its taking me to forget about the idea that i will not be able to see my armor and weapons in high resolution textures. The time it took me to purchase this game based in part on the graphics of the characters. The time it took me to talk to a customer service rep about high resolution.

I pay a subscription that is based on time, time is what has inconvenienced me. This is one example there are more but will not go into them, like i have stated before.

I have to work, therefore they should give me free game time because I can't play when I'm working.

They did not state AA would be in game, but it is so your point is moot.

Time, is the inconvenience. Time it took me to find out that i was not able to get high resolution textures on my characters. Time it took me to figure out the the settings bar that states high resolution texture was not high. The time it took me to read all the forums to figure out the cause as to why there is no high resolution texture. Time it took me too wait for a response. Time its taking me to forget about the idea that i will not be able to see my armor and weapons in high resolution textures. The time it took me to purchase this game based in part on the graphics of the characters. The time it took me to talk to a customer service rep about high resolution.

I pay a subscription that is based on time, time is what has inconvenienced me. This is one example there are more but will not go into them, like i have stated before.

Yep, there you go again with the untruths. I'll put it in plain English for everyone: no one (NO ONE, not ONE, not ANYONE) has paid for a subscription yet (unless they live in some alternate reality where today is really 1/18/2012).

You are simply choosing to complain about something that is insignificant, when you could either be playing the game, or playing a different game (or doing something else entirely, which is probably the best choice).

No one forced you to "waste" your time researching the "issues" with the game. That was your own doing. You could have very well just said, "you know what? **** it, I'll play the game".

Tell you what, no matter what anyone says to you, you are going to believe what you want to believe whether it is right or wrong. Why don't you j ust simply put in a CSR ticket stating you want a free month for your stated reasons. You will get a droid response with some politically correct wording but the csr agent behind the other keyboard would be laughing.

I have submitted a ticket to this affect. I am not able to call a customer service agent as their not accepting calls. They state do to heavy call volumes i am not able to speak with an agent. I have since giving up and that's when i submitted a ticket even though wasn't sure if that's the correct process.

Please provide the official statement from EA/Bioware that states this. I will then concede that there is no merit to my claim.

There is no official statement. In fact, under the ToS of all MMOs, they are not legally required to give you squat in terms of free time, ever, for ANY reason. That is your official statement, your ToS.

That said, it is the custom in the industry to compensate for lost play time by MMO companies. That is a gesture of good will on their part, and a good business practice in general.

BTW, have you cosulted your lawyer on this yet? He/she will tell you the same thing. Of course you wont like the answer and you will want a refund on the legal services because you were "inconvenienced by the answer. Your lawyer will politely tell you to pound salt I suspect, or maybe sue you for harrassment.

Edited by Andryah

Not sure about you but the lack of information and only one concrete fix: Anti-Aliasing in my 20 days of my 30 day free trial has not been adequate representation of this product. Yes they might lose 14,000,000 dollars for giving the one million subscribers another 30 days but i think it would be worth it to show they mean business moving forward. Cause i don't know about you but they haven't proved that yet.

Agree wholeheartedly and I would ask for 3 months grace period on the subscription. It is highly unlikely those basic features missing would be fixed any time soon.

No one forced you to "waste" your time researching the "issues" with the game. That was your own doing. You could have very well just said, "you know what? **** it, I'll play the game".

quoted for truth.

OP, you really should buy yourself at least one month of time to compensate yourself for wasting your own time, by your own choice. Otherwise, you would be hypocritical to your own self. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Yep, there you go again with the untruths. I'll put it in plain English for everyone: no one (NO ONE, not ONE, not ANYONE) has paid for a subscription yet (unless they live in some alternate reality where today is really 1/18/2012).

You are simply choosing to complain about something that is insignificant, when you could either be playing the game, or playing a different game (or doing something else entirely, which is probably the best choice).

I pay a subscription and therefore i feel obligated to check the forums or find information on issues i am having. I am and will be paying for a service that is ongoing and therefore requires my attention in all aspects.

I am not asking for a refund, that would entail me getting money back from the boxed game itself. The problem does not affect the overall product because an MMO is ever evolving so all fixes will happen in time. I am asking for a free month because of time and the fact that some things that were promised are not available and will not be in a reasonable or scheduled time frame. Therefore because my service or subscription is based on time in this case 30 days it only seems logical that time itself is what would be giving for compensation.

I call shenanigans on this whole thread. You are simply a troll trying to fan the flames.

I must insist, that since you claim you deserve a free month, that you have to prove your claims of misrepresentation. What "promises" were made in the EULA, product documentation, or product specifications have they not kept?

Also, who made you the arbiter of the definition of a "reasonable time frame"?

Finally, please consider that when copying and pasting the same paragraph as a response to multiple post is generally considered spam and less of a valid argument.

I pay a subscription and therefore i feel obligated to check the forums or find information on issues i am having. I am and will be paying for a service that is ongoing and therefore requires my attention in all aspects.

No you DONT pay a subscription! You are now openly lying! This is FREE time! You have not paid a CENT in subscription yet!

So you think that because the resolution of the rendered characters is not up to your standards you deserve 1 full month of free play time even though the functionality of the game isn't broken at all? You sir deserve exactly 0.001499$ for what is not working of your 14.99 a month. Thank you and have a nice day!

No you DONT pay a subscription! You are now openly lying! This is FREE time! You have not paid a CENT in subscription yet!

Pretty sure the box specifically says it includes the first month of play. That is clearly paid for in my opinion. If you want to talk shinanigans that is your problem.

I don't want a free month because I am counting down the hours until 1/20 when all these trolls that never intended to sub and have made it there mission to bash the game will finally be banished. I don't think I can handle another month of forum trash.

Another not there would have to be game stoping bugs for them to even consider giving us a free month.

I want a free everything cause i'm entitled and i'm a snot nosed little ****.

You know what? It is perfect that there are players like you that will pay so that we may, just may, in a few months, or more, and I repeat, just may get a better game.

Thank you my friend for providing so generously to the cause. See you in a year. Maybe.

No, you are just another aytpical d-bag that feels entitled to something whenever something isn't just quite right. Wake up Francis, the world is onto this behavior. What works in mommy's basement is pathetic behavior in the real world.

There is no official statement. In fact, under the ToS of all MMOs, they are not legally required to give you squat in terms of free time, ever, for ANY reason. That is your official statement, your ToS.

That said, it is the custom in the industry to compensate for lost play time by MMO companies. That is a gesture of good will on their part, and a good business practice in general.

BTW, have you cosulted your lawyer on this yet? He/she will tell you the same thing. Of course you wont like the answer and you will want a refund on the legal services because you were "inconvenienced by the answer. Your lawyer will politely tell you to pound salt I suspect, or maybe sue you for harrassment.

Thank you for the information and understand that is your opinion.

Is Bioware forcing you to do that? No.

My God, man, take a little responsibility for your own actions, whether it's paying for a game or spending your time looking things up. Nobody is making you do these things. They are your own choices. Expecting Bioware to compensate you for things you are doing of your own free will, by your own choice, is... well, I'd call it pathetic, but I don't want to get slammed with a warning.

You paid for the game. Play it. If you don't want to play it, go do something else, but don't expect someone to hand you cash because you chose to do something other than what you were paying for. It's your choice. You've got total control over it. Man up a little and stop trying to get someone else to take the blame for your choices. Don't expect Bioware to give you free game time because you chose to do something other than play the game during that time.

Edited by imtrick

quoted for truth.

OP, you really should buy yourself at least one month of time to compensate yourself for wasting your own time, by your own choice. Otherwise, you would be hypocritical to your own self. ;)

You're last couple post have been negative in nature, I am asking that you please stay on the subject of the post. I will have no choice to flag further replies that could be reflected negative, per the rules of the Forums.