I want a Free Month how about You?

LexonLightsaber

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would love to play this game another month without paying for it.

However I don’t deserve a month of free gametime, and I’m more than happy to pay for it.

I’ve found a way to get the equivalent of a free month of game time though…

If you pay for the six month subscription you’re paying $2 less per month, after paying for your first two six month subs you’ll have saved $24, which is over a month and a half of free game time.

One particular reason is the fact that not having high resolution textures on my character is out of my control. This in the simplest of definition is an inconvenience to me the customer. I spent weeks looking at videos and screenshots of this game and expected the visual quality that was being distributed by bioware.

You are confusing "desire" with "inconvenience".

There is nothing inconvenient about not having high resolution textures. They in no way affect actual game play.

I get however that you desire them.

As far as my other reasons there not important as this thread is for other poster's, not just me.

I see.

TIP: as another poster, I would prefer that you not speak for me.

I was really looking forward to the end of the first free month. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read these forums. I hate this game, it's broken and stupid and causes all manner of stress in my life, but if its free I'll play it, then complain relentlessly on the forums about it? There's lots of free food in dumpsters, maybe a bit rotten/spoiled, by that logic. Not sure theres a dumpster forum to complain about the ensuing bellyache though.

In this world you will make many purchases you will be unhappy with, not all of them will be refundable. Caveat Emptor.

I am not asking for a refund, that would entail me getting money back from the boxed game itself. The problem does not affect the overall product because an MMO is ever evolving so all fixes will happen in time. I am asking for a free month because of time and the fact that some things that were promised are not available and will not be in a reasonable or scheduled time frame. Therefore because my service or subscription is based on time in this case 30 days it only seems logical that time itself is what would be giving for compensation.

This means my mother said I would have to get a job in order to keep paying the monthly fee after she got this for my christmas.

Until you ELOBORATE on why you want a free month, guess what?? We have to fill in the blanks ourselves.

So lets completely hijack this thread and start a thread game here:

I, Lexon Lightsaber, want a free month because..........

because my mom says I need to get a job in order to pay for my own subscription, so I want a free month instead.

One particular reason is the fact that not having high resolution textures on my character is out of my control. This in the simplest of definition is an inconvenience to me the customer. I spent weeks looking at videos and screenshots of this game and expected the visual quality that was being distributed by bioware. As far as my other reasons there not important as this thread is for other poster's, not just me.

There is nothing inconvenient about not having high resolution textures. They in no way affect actual game play.

I see.

<Thunderous Applause>

One particular reason is the fact that not having high resolution textures on my character is out of my control. This in the simplest of definition is an inconvenience to me the customer. I spent weeks looking at videos and screenshots of this game and expected the visual quality that was being distributed by bioware. As far as my other reasons there not important as this thread is for other poster's, not just me.

The higher quality textures are currently limited to cutscenes only. This has already been explained. They are working on higher quality textures for general usage, and should be available with Patch 1.2.

And since this thread was started by you, you should be providing examples. Not just nebulous hand waving at vague problems that other people may or may not be experiencing.

I felt a disturbance in the force...

It was as if a million subscribers all stopped what they were doing, either playing the game, venting legitimate frustrations, or trolling the forums, then suddenly started laughing hysterically.

Edited by DammitCat

One particular reason is the fact that not having high resolution textures on my character is out of my control. This in the simplest of definition is an inconvenience to me the customer.

You keep posting this exact same spam over and over and it still doesn't make sense.

How is not having high-res textures inconveniencing you? Does it dictate when you have to play? Is it preventing you from accomplishing things? Is it otherwise making your life more complicated?

I'll answer that for you: No, it's not. You have not been "inconvenienced" in any way whatsoever.

Sure, it'd be great to have the game look a little better. Is that a valid reason to start giving it away for free, at the cost of tens of millions of dollars? I'd say no.

Edited by imtrick

I see.

I believe what i stated was very clear, and fits the definition of being inconvenienced.

The higher quality textures are currently limited to cutscenes only. This has already been explained. They are working on higher quality textures for general usage, and should be available with Patch 1.2.

And since this thread was started by you, you should be providing examples. Not just nebulous hand waving at vague problems that other people may or may not be experiencing.

I believe you have been misinformed, there is no timeline for a fix on high resolution textures in regards to in game character's design. They are looking into, is all.

And you really think that Big Mac you see on TV looks as good in person? Or tastes as good as the commercial makes it seem? :p

Nobody's getting free time for something like this. Can't believe this was even posted.

You keep posting this exact same spam over and over and it still doesn't make sense.

How is not having high-res textures inconveniencing you? Does it dictate when you have to play? Is it preventing you from accomplishing things? Is it otherwise making your life more complicated?

I'll answer that for you: No, it's not. You have not been "inconvenienced" in any way whatsoever.

Sure, it'd be great to have the game look a little better. Is that a valid reason to start giving it away for free, at the cost of tens of millions of dollars? I'd say no.

You have your opinion, and i have mine. People tend to disagree.

I believe what i stated was very clear, and fits the definition of being inconvenienced.

"something inconvenient; a hindrance, trouble, or difficulty"

how is not having high rez textures fit the definition again? how is it hindering your game play? how is troubling your gameplay? how is it making it difficult to play?

in fact it is just the opposite without those high rez texture it is making your gameplay better, smoother and higher FPS than it would if you had them. I agree hi rez textures should be there but it is not a inconvience by definition.

I believe you have been misinformed, there is no timeline for a fix on high resolution textures in regards to in game character's design. They are looking into, is all.

Here you go, since you seem to have missed it:

That screenshot is from a cinematic in-game. As stated, cinematic scenes use high resolution textures because we have control over how many characters are rendered on-screen at once. This is how the game was always intended to look in cinematics. We did not 'remove' high resolution textures - they were always in the game for use in cinematics.

With that said, thank you for all of your responses. We understand everyone's desires around this issue, and although it's not going to be an overnight fix, as mentioned we're working on addressing this. Many of the suggestions you have made are similar to potential changes the development team is investigating.

I rounded up the development team once more and had another discussion, and wanted to update you with a better timeline and some more precise details on what we're doing right now.

The first major changes will be in our next major Game Update, which will have the version number of 1.2. Those changes will bring greater visual fidelity to your character and those around you, but will still allow for good performance in situations where a lot of characters are on-screen at once. In other words, for those screenshots of your character in their best gear, you should see a marked improvement.

Other potential changes are being discussed right now – as I said, many of which are similar to changes suggested by many of you. As usual, you’ll see these sorts of changes on our Public Test Server before they make it into the live game. Right now we cannot commit to a live date for the 1.2 Game Update, but it will be within Q1 2012.

You have your opinion, and i have mine. People tend to disagree.

OK, so enlighten me? What's "inconvenient" about low-res textures? And don't try to tell me it's clear and that you explained it in your spam, because it's not clear and you did not explain in any way how you've been "inconvenienced."

There's a reason people disagree with you on this. It's because you're making up a ridiculous claim that's obviously wrong.

Actually it doesn't. It does not impact your ability to play the game at all. Therefore it does not inconvenience you at all.

Is it written in stone that in order to be giving additional time for free that one has to be impacted from playing the game in literal since of not being able to even load the game from the desktop?

Is it written in stone that in order to be giving additional time for free that one has to be impacted from playing the game in literal since of not being able to even load the game from the desktop?

Actually? Yes, it is. The only reason to give people additional game play is to make up for time lost that could have been spent playing the game.

Not sure about you but the lack of information and only one concrete fix: Anti-Aliasing in my 20 days of my 30 day free trial has not been adequate representation of this product. Yes they might lose 14,000,000 dollars for giving the one million subscribers another 30 days but i think it would be worth it to show they mean business moving forward. Cause i don't know about you but they haven't proved that yet.

All I can say is lmfao. Also to ur other post about wanting to judge for yourself that BW releases regular updates/patches/fixes, sounds to me sounds like you just want to play for free.

I love TOR Im not having nearly as many issues as others are complaing about. But seriously if what you want is to play for free there are plenty of of f2p mmos out there that you can join and only pay 15-20 per content patch so feel free to play for free.