Republic Vs. Empire

JustDocBrown

These occasional psychopath black sheeps in the Empire are not occasional. They're the standard in the Sith Order. It's the sane Sith that care about the Imperial citizens and prosperity of the Empire that are rare.

The problem is you still look at the Empire from the point of view of other states/countries. The purpose of normal state/country is to take care of its citizens and the overal prosperity. That's not the case with Empire. It's purpose is to 1) destroy the Republic, 2) establish Sith rule over the galaxy. Its citizens and resources are tools to do these things, not something that should be developed for its own good.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is you still look at the Empire from the point of view of other states/countries. The purpose of normal state/country is to take care of its citizens and the overal prosperity. That's not the case with Empire. It's purpose is to 1) destroy the Republic, 2) establish Sith rule over the galaxy. Its citizens and resources are tools to do these things, not something that should be developed for its own good.
"Tools" need to exist and be in good condition in order to be used at all, let alone in effective manner. Most of the Sith kill their own citizens without second thought, destroy resources, eliminate potential allies, send legions of best troops on suicide missions etc all to stroke their "I'm so powerful you will bow and do what I want!" egos. They're dumb as hell. Edited by Pietrastor

Thanks, Ludendorff.

"Tools" need to exist and be in good condition in order to be used at all, let alone in effective manner. Most of the Sith kill their own citizens without second thought, destroy resources, eliminate potential allies, send legions of best troops on suicide missions etc all to stroke their "I'm so powerful you will bow and do what I want!" egos. They're dumb as hell.

I agree some of them could be more efficient. But it's not like Republic is so much better in this. Their problem is cowardice and urge to save lives in every situation. That makes them inefficient too. People are just not talking about it.

Thanks, Ludendorff.

You don't expect me to go read his biography to know what you mean, right?

You don't expect me to go read his biography to know what you mean, right?

In his postwar writings, Erich Ludendorff proposed that the best way to create a state that could win wars was to make war the entire object of the state. The rights and privileges and well-being of all individual citizens would be subsumed to no object other than "victory". He believed that this, the total mobilization of all resources toward one goal - war - was the remedy for Germany's failure in the First World War.

Unsurprisingly, literally nobody has followed through on this advice ever since it was given, because it's completely insane.

In his postwar writings, Erich Ludendorff proposed that the best way to create a state that could win wars was to make war the entire object of the state. The rights and privileges and well-being of all individual citizens would be subsumed to no object other than "victory". He believed that this, the total mobilization of all resources toward one goal - war - was the remedy for Germany's failure in the First World War.

Unsurprisingly, literally nobody has followed through on this advice ever since it was given, because it's completely insane.

That's exactly what is happening in swtor right now, for example dark republic makeb ending is exactly that.