Denying Jedi Knight Sentinels are broken Issue #1

Csdabest

Issue 1# Damage Scaling

They purposly gimp our damage in our offhand weapon for other classes two compete with us in DPS. But they fail to realize that other classes get Shield generators and Stealth generators as an added bonus. For greater protection and greater stealth ability than we have. With the Guadian if they go they DPS route they still get a Sheild Generator for added defense yet able to compete with us in DMG. Why because our offhand light saber does around 28-36 damage from our Main hand light saber while Guadians and other single weapon classes have meatier damage in their single weapon. BUT they have added bonus of stealth and and shield generators for protection. Combine that with our low survibility and you have class that can't do their job as it was originaly planed to be done. (Just tossing out numbers right now) Juggs vs Sents Dmg capabilities and offhand gear. Lets say a Jugg can do around 600 Dmg (Pri) while a Sent can do 500 (Pri) with 150(Sec) on the damage scale. ( may be wrong but this is from hours of looking at what dmg pops up when what light saber hits. It seems the 450ish hits from the main while the off hand does 150. So if the juggs swipes his single light saber once. he will do around 550 Damage. If the Sent swipes his light saber both he woll do around 600 damage. Jugg 550 Sent (600) while we do end up doing "more" damage its not by alot or any good range that makes much of a different. Now here is the kicker. Sheild Generator for extra padding docking away a good percentage of what our damage does and have to fight through. Now top that off with the heavy armor padding it shows that we are quite obsolete. While we do have our Defensive CDs so do juggs and other classes to further boost their defense.

Quick fixes. Dont jsut Increase our Dmg out put. Actually Scale our offhand weapon to be that. An offhand weapon that does actual damage to be able to compete with other classes offhand gear. If sents damage scaling was like 450 (pri) w/a 350(sec) For when the jugg does a 600 strike for when we strike for a total of around 800. When we do fight through their generators and heavy armor the damage can actually be competitive. in which the skill in applying CD's roots,stuns, knock backs, and gap closers can come into play. While we are going to do about a more of damage. That will be filtered out through their heavy armor and their generators. Not to mention their CD's and beefier endurance.

Same thing can be applied with stealth classes and their better mobility. It seems most classes by observation has some type of healing ability that they can apply to themselves along with longer stealth. With our lack of ability to heal ourself. They can easily pop in their stealth heal up right quick and do some major burst damage out of thier cloak w/ some prep while we have to sit around and look stupid waiting to give out some more medicore damage.

Combat vs Watchmen.

It turning out for Combat to be more of a Pvp class while Watchmen to be the PVE class. As time moves on its seeming more apparent that watchmen is outclassing in both. Reason being is we rely on duel weilding with the damage coming from our offhand saber more than Watchmen. If your look at the beginning tier of Combat spec There is a little something called Duel weilding mastery. Which buffs up our off hand lightsaber. A spec more so made for combat spec. We have to burst our damage out. Really hard when our 2nd weapon does very little damage. The reason why Watchmen excells is because they have sustained damage that doesnt rely on the offhand weapon that much. It comes from burns and the ability to heal themselves. They hit you once theymget their base burst plus their DOTS. We only get our medicore burst due to our 2nd hand weapon doing squat even once we popped in our 3 skill points in Duel weild mastery( I have no idea what type of damage the offhand would do if we didnt have this in the first place.) If they boosted the offhand damage overrall we would be able to compete better with the damage from the watchmen tree. Now you can make the argument that a watchmen can as easily get their duel weild master in from that tree. But so can combat gett their talents frm their tree as well. Equal trade.

Further more in the Combat vs Watchmen scheme. is Ataru vs Juyo

They both gain added damage in a way. Juyo gets an extra 2% damage increase with the ability to stack. Ataru gets the accuracy increase. Now with Juyo the damage increase goes along with their DOTS and they get further burst for their dots being able to be sustain. It floats all over their skill tree as a watchmen. With Combat not many of our specs allow us to capitalize on the accuracy bonus. Just percision strike which has a pretty beefy cool down with a short span to use the technique. Zen further and better assist the juyo form by increasing crits and granting heal for the party.

Zen on the other hand decreases focus count for blade rush and slash along with a .5 gbc. If your ask me it kind of goes in the opposite direction of what Ataru form does. Especially if Shi-cho does it better with no cost for slash being able to spam it for the duration. With Slash. While you get a -1 on focus cost on the same ability. If you ask me. Zen for ataru form should have further boosted the accuracy of the attacks so we could gain even more direct damage and increase the chance for another ataru strike for the energy dmg dealing actual damage as well. Having those abilities coincinde with one another. That is real burst damage that can compete with Sustained.

As you can see where this is all going. How do you expect for the Sentinel class to be balanced with other classes when the balance inside the class is lopsided in itself. Especially with Ataru form. Ataru form needs more accuracy bonus to boost direct damage And the best way I see it done is in possibly using Zen and combat trance. While in Zen you accuracy is increase. Combat trance can do what it already does but increase direct damage would be nice as well. If combat and ataru form trully suppose to be knitted together. I beleive the centering buffs should indeed buff up what ataru actually does.

(I know not the best grammar and spelling is used. been off of work and sick all week and the only thing I can do is talk star wars) So lets discuss this. issue.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The light saber offhand has more stat weight on it AND does does damage where the generators and focuses have less. Mitigation generators sacrifice dps stats for survivability stats. A dps user should be using dps focus which means their offhand bonus isn't as good as yours. Unless you are in the sweet spot where you are getting less diminishing returns for certain stats over another.

Just because you dual wield doesn't mean your dps should be better than someone else's dps when they too are dps specked, yet it is...

The rest of your post is just wrong... Really sounds like you rather play a different class.

The light saber offhand has more stat weight on it AND does does damage where the generators and focuses have less. Mitigation generators sacrifice dps stats for survivability stats. A dps user should be using dps focus which means their offhand bonus isn't as good as yours. Unless you are in the sweet spot where you are getting less diminishing returns for certain stats over another.

Just because you dual wield doesn't mean your dps should be better than someone else's dps when they too are dps specked, yet it is...

The rest of your post is just wrong... Really sounds like you rather play a different class.

Um yes they should do better DPS especially when they have offhand gear that enables them advantages that DPS who duel weilds dont have access two. because of gear restriction.

Off hand does do damage. Thing is. it only does around what. 30% percent of the mainhand lightsaber AFTER you put 3 skill points in Duel Weild Master at. The shield generators and stealth generators boost and buff up defense with their stat increases. And lets them able to create a energy sheild to absorb damage. That combined with heavier armor. And having the capability to do the same amount if not more damage is a unfair advantage. Which was something being complained about before Launch. Why should Sents who sacrafice survivbility to be pure DPS not have higher DPS outputs. It doesnt make sense. Look at the gunslinger class and its mirror class. Their offhand weapon damage ration is alot closer than the sents is. Which for range vs Melee doesnt really make sense. cuz they would end up putting out more damage.

And how was the other stuff wrong. Ataru form does increase accuracy by 3%. Zen doesnt compliment what Ataru doesnt like how Zen compliments Shi-cho and Juyo form. It gives a decrease in focus cost for practically the same move that shi-cho has at no cost what so ever. Zen for Ataru should have further increase what Ataru was going with for the accuracy points for direct damage. Combat form should of had nothing but direct damage skills.

Edited by Csdabest

So Sentinels Off hand weapon should do crap damage while other classes who utilize duel weapons their offhand is more balanced out with their main happen weapon. And Sents who utilize two weapons and sacrfice Survivibility for DPS should do just about as much or less damage than against lets say a Juggernaut who utilizes Sheild generators and heavy armor w/ more of a health increase. That makes perfect sense.

I even fully explain why Watchmen class is outclassing Combat because that specc relies less on burst damage than it does since it goes for crits and sustain DOTS. And it skills actually compliments its fighting form. The Skills in combat dont really compliment Ataru form at all. with the increased accuracy. Only one skills compliments it. The rest go off and do the whole refund and decreasing of focus cost. Centering was a good idea but it was extremely rushed and they didnt think it through. Nor did they think it through gimping the offhand weapon for only Sents and not the other duel weapon classes.

Um yes they should do better DPS especially when they have offhand gear that enables them advantages that DPS who duel weilds dont have access two. because of gear restriction.

Off hand does do damage. Thing is. it only does around what. 30% percent of the mainhand lightsaber AFTER you put 3 skill points in Duel Weild Master at. The shield generators and stealth generators boost and buff up defense with their stat increases. And lets them able to create a energy sheild to absorb damage. That combined with heavier armor. And having the capability to do the same amount if not more damage is a unfair advantage. Which was something being complained about before Launch. Why should Sents who sacrafice survivbility to be pure DPS not have higher DPS outputs. It doesnt make sense. Look at the gunslinger class and its mirror class. Their offhand weapon damage ration is alot closer than the sents is. Which for range vs Melee doesnt really make sense. cuz they would end up putting out more damage.

And how was the other stuff wrong. Ataru form does increase accuracy by 3%. Zen doesnt compliment what Ataru doesnt like how Zen compliments Shi-cho and Juyo form. It gives a decrease in focus cost for practically the same move that shi-cho has at no cost what so ever. Zen for Ataru should have further increase what Ataru was going with for the accuracy points for direct damage. Combat form should of had nothing but direct damage skills.

let me just say that in almost EVERY game that has dual wielding involved, besides skyrim, the offhand damage is less then the main hand. it has always been this way and it is logical in the reality sense. breaking it down to whether ur dominate lefty or righty.

this isn't news and i dont understand why everyone is complaining about it. like they never played an MMO before. its not that the class is broken, YOU are broken, its called a good DPS rotation, use one. and you should have no problem with dps. you shouldnt even be worrying about your offhand damage half the time because your rotation should make up for the slack.

So Sentinels Off hand weapon should do crap damage while other classes who utilize duel weapons their offhand is more balanced out with their main happen weapon. And Sents who utilize two weapons and sacrfice Survivibility for DPS should do just about as much or less damage than against lets say a Juggernaut who utilizes Sheild generators and heavy armor w/ more of a health increase. That makes perfect sense.

I even fully explain why Watchmen class is outclassing Combat because that specc relies less on burst damage than it does since it goes for crits and sustain DOTS. And it skills actually compliments its fighting form. The Skills in combat dont really compliment Ataru form at all. with the increased accuracy. Only one skills compliments it. The rest go off and do the whole refund and decreasing of focus cost. Centering was a good idea but it was extremely rushed and they didnt think it through. Nor did they think it through gimping the offhand weapon for only Sents and not the other duel weapon classes.

what other classes? lol first of all why are you comparing a JUG to a Sent? they dont use an offhand weapon, the shield generator isnt a weapon, nor does it cause damage.. its just for stats.

second of all the only dual wielding classes that out dps us are ranged classes and thats not a surprise either. it isnt a secret that they out dps us. alll im hearing in the arguement is.

"i hate that im not a fury warrior like in wow with titans grip and doing 900k damage a hit, its stupid that ranged classes that can shoot me dead from forty miles away can out dps me before i can get to them, the offhand should be perfectly scaled because i want it that way and like 5 other people do to cuz they dont no how to utilize a proper dps rotation"

seriously QQ a bit more? the only TRUE problem with this class are its sucky *** companions and the fact that we aren't even jedi/sith because we get all of 2 force powers... and terrible looking gear, and a broken quest line. never has an offhand weapon been set two scale the other, including within other classes

let me just say that in almost EVERY game that has dual wielding involved, besides skyrim, the offhand damage is less then the main hand. it has always been this way and it is logical in the reality sense. breaking it down to whether ur dominate lefty or righty.

this isn't news and i dont understand why everyone is complaining about it. like they never played an MMO before. its not that the class is broken, YOU are broken, its called a good DPS rotation, use one. and you should have no problem with dps. you shouldnt even be worrying about your offhand damage half the time because your rotation should make up for the slack.

No one is saying that the offhand weapon should do AS much as the mainhand. But it should do reasonble amount compared to the mainhand. Doing only around 30% after you dedicate 3 skill points into duel weild mastery. is nonsense especially if your a pure DPS class. And the rotation is just fine. Im not going to say im the best. But I do handle my own quite well. and do damn good if I have a healer with me. Thing is. There is no excuse for you to sacrafice Survibility to do pure DPS where the added feature is a offhand lightsaber to increase damage to do poor damage because the offhand lightsaber Damage output is utter trash.

My only beef with this class.....actually I think it's pretty funny. In two class quests, my Sentinel and his companion died in combat with a boss while an allied NPC carried on and won the day. It made picking the D-Bag conversation option all the more entertaining. (Fish guy: How was the mission? Me: Easysauce!) I sincerely hope there are plenty more opportunities for those unfortunate encounters as the story unfolds...

what other classes? lol first of all why are you comparing a JUG to a Sent? they dont use an offhand weapon, the shield generator isnt a weapon, nor does it cause damage.. its just for stats.

second of all the only dual wielding classes that out dps us are ranged classes and thats not a surprise either. it isnt a secret that they out dps us. alll im hearing in the arguement is.

"i hate that im not a fury warrior like in wow with titans grip and doing 900k damage a hit, its stupid that ranged classes that can shoot me dead from forty miles away can out dps me before i can get to them, the offhand should be perfectly scaled because i want it that way and like 5 other people do to cuz they dont no how to utilize a proper dps rotation"

seriously QQ a bit more? the only TRUE problem with this class are its sucky *** companions and the fact that we aren't even jedi/sith because we get all of 2 force powers... and terrible looking gear, and a broken quest line. never has an offhand weapon been set two scale the other, including within other classes

I have never played WOW. Nor is this wow. So when you say ""i hate that im not a fury warrior like in wow with titans grip and doing 900k damage a hit, its stupid that ranged classes that can shoot me dead from forty miles away can out dps me before i can get to them, the offhand should be perfectly scaled because i want it that way and like 5 other people do to cuz they dont no how to utilize a proper dps rotation"" Im just going to go....Cool story bro. Way to make you point with aspects of another game that does not involve this one. Not saying perfect scale once agan. The Gunslinger class(which utilizes two weapon) just like the sents damage output is scaled more closely than the Sentinel is. If two seperate classes both duel weilding weapon for increased DPS. Why would one be scaled closer than the other. Where is the balance in that?

How fair would it be if Maurder and Sentinels. Both duel weilding weapon classes. With the Maurader having a 500(Pri) and a 350(Sec) for damage output while the Sent which also duel weilds does a 500(pri) and a 150(sec) for damage output. Where is the balance in that? There is none. It doesnt take a rocket science to show that there is a problem there. Now lets keep the same out put for damage and Say that Maurader is a gunslinger or a duel weilding bounty(forgot the name of it) But also does damage from 30m away. Once again a even further imbalance issue. In every game I played. Melee always have done more damage than ranged. Why do people who play MMO and enjoy their classes seem to think that Range should do more than Melee. Thats beyond me.

Now for the Jugg and sent comparison. Screw it. Lets further simplify it by the mirror Class. Sent vs Gaurd. If a Guardian went the DPS route. Currently they would argubly do the same if not more Damage than a Pure Sent. Though they went the DPS route. They are still eligible to use Sheild generators which helps absorb and gaurd against damage and heavy armor which also helps nullify damage and gives them a more health adavantage through more endurance. Now if on paper if Sents only did just as much damage as a DPS Guardian. When they went head to head. The Sent damage would have to filter through a sheild generator increased health, and heavy armor while a Guardian who did just as much would only have to filter through medium armor. Now. Which class would do more damage. Even if the sent had it beat by like 50 dmg. Of course the gaurdian class because there is a imbalance on the damage scale because the sents dont benefit as much from their offhand gear as other classes do. Its not an issue of rotation. Its an issue of numbers. Mathmatics and statistics. That have to filter through one another. Because of armor and shield generators that are there for absorbing damage have to be factored in.

Once again. Most Sent that I have seen struck high on the damage charts. They were fighting low lvls or was grouped in a Premade that worked nicely together to reduce them being dead wasting time respawning thus being able to deal more damage during game time. Cuz certain percent of that game time is not being blocked behund a respawn wall that you have to wait till it finishes so you can get back into the fray. My friend on the server. He hits 250k cuz he has a group and owns up lowbies. Yet when we duel I end up winning a good portion if not most Cuz indeed im no scrub at this game. Yet when Iplay pvp and dont have a good group I flirt with 100k to 150 k damage cuz I spend a good portion being dead. People say owe you suck at pvp cuz your not lvl 45 or 50. Well the stats are bolstered. And if you have to use EVERY SINGLE SKILL that is granted by those high lvl to be successful as where other classes can be successful at a much lower level. There is a word for it. its called IMBALANCE.

Edited by Csdabest

No one is saying that the offhand weapon should do AS much as the mainhand. But it should do reasonble amount compared to the mainhand. Doing only around 30% after you dedicate 3 skill points into duel weild mastery. is nonsense especially if your a pure DPS class. And the rotation is just fine. Im not going to say im the best. But I do handle my own quite well. and do damn good if I have a healer with me. Thing is. There is no excuse for you to sacrafice Survibility to do pure DPS where the added feature is a offhand lightsaber to increase damage to do poor damage because the offhand lightsaber Damage output is utter trash.

see the REAL problem with this class is so obvious.

SENTINELS SHOULD NOT HAVE DUAL SABERS,

we should have gotten dual bladed sabers, but noooooo lol consulars get them instead, because bastila and satile really were shadows right? **** lore because its not even true lore. shadows should have dual and we should have double.

it would have looked better, worked better, and i wouldnt have to be forced to look like a prom girl with a double *****.... any objections?

but also to your response, i guess i could agree a bit more to your statement, it is very low but it wont change, its all aboutthe rotations not the builds, thats why i love this game, everyone is approaching this game in the WoW perspective and thats exactly why everyone is saying alot of the classes are broken. alot of stuff is broken but its also meant to be approached differently.

SWTOR isnt WoW. its Kotor on steroids.....

now can i please play as a keldorian? or lol as an ithorian.....

^Expansion make it happen :D

see the REAL problem with this class is so obvious.

SENTINELS SHOULD NOT HAVE DUAL SABERS,

we should have gotten dual bladed sabers, but noooooo lol consulars get them instead, because bastila and satile really were shadows right? **** lore because its not even true lore. shadows should have dual and we should have double.

it would have looked better, worked better, and i wouldnt have to be forced to look like a prom girl with a double *****.... any objections?

If they did switch the weapos out for each class. Believe it or not. I think the Shadows would have the same issue that instead of substiting offhand gear with something that boost stats that can only use a weapon that does crap damage. But like I said. I have never played any MMO...except planet side if you can even classify that as an MMO. So Im coming into this game fresh minded with no previous experience and giving insight. I still enjoy it. I love my challenge as a sentinel. I get a great deal of satisfication when I win my fights especially when I get attacked first. even more so if the other person is a higher level. Just listing my problems. Im not going to say the class is completely broken and unplayable. I will say there are some nice size noticible chips in the structure that make it ugly to play.

Our offhand doesn't do the same damage as our main hand because that would put us so far ahead of everyone. They balanced so everyone does the same damage, whether our rotation is harder or not.

If you wanted both to do the same damage, they would nerf main hand to compensate for it. Also our offhand has a lower hit chance so personally i wouldn't want to see that happen, unless they changed that as well

MAKING THE OFFHAND USEFUL - A guide what I wrote in 30 seconds

1. Combat spec.

2. Ataru form.

3. Stack the absolute heck out of +hit.

4. Spam Blade Rush.

SO MANY NUMBERS, SO MANY ATARU PROCS

ps. Ataru procs do the same damage regardless of whether they were procced by the main or the offhand.

Seriously though, when I get into my rotation the numbers just won't stop flying around the screen. Pretty much any hit can proc an Ataru strike - keep the Blade Rush buff up and you are going to be enjoying a ton of extra yellow numbers from strikes, z.strikes, master strikes and, of course, those tasty rage dumping Blade Rushes.

In PvE I am now at the point where I can tear through mobs - daily quests are just a constant parade of death and looting. PvP has gone from being enjoyable but mildly frustrating to excellent fun - I've been tearing even other level 50's apart in seconds - particularly if I actually work as a team (gasp). Lower level players barely stand a chance.

My guildmates invite me to groups because I rip faces off (it has nothing to do with nearly all of them being tanks); inspiration is simply a nice bonus. I have found that people on my team in pvp have started to guard, shield and heal me because I'm just relentlessly grinding away on whatever needs killing and know how to use the CC's available to me effectively (Awe is fabulous).

I absolutely love playing my Sentinel BUT I will admit to one thing - we are a gear heavy class - we scale with it much better than others I suspect and it may be that we've been balanced around that fact.

Cinemayor,

Help me out bro, I'm currently combat spec, sometimes I'm deadly, like ripping faces off, others I feel horribly underpowered, I'm currently 35, nearly 36 and stacking strength, and crit, what am I doing wrong? I'm all combat at the moment, and nearing the top of the tree. Can you link your spec and a rotation that works well? I'd appreciate it. I really don't like Watchman or Focus, dots suck. Help me out!

Oh yeah, ''in the reality sense'' a lightsaber cut the same weither you use more ''power'' with your right hand than your left hand.. its not the ''force'' gained through the speed you've applied to the weapon that matter in the lightsaber case, it's the god damn LASER and you could hit slow as hell it should/would do the same damage. Failed logic is fail.

The devs said we should get 5% more damage than other classes as we are pure DPS... I dish out alot of dps I presume, top WZs damage often (watchman tree) and wreck mobs in PVE but I doubt we do that 5% more DPS.

Why is it that my ''POMMEL STRIKE'' hit harder than my LASER from my LIGHTSABER? Talking about ''the reality sense'' this is comepletly non sense. Don't give us that ********.

Sentinels need: 2 HARD CC or 1 to be on par with other classes.

As it is force stasis stun us as we stun the enemy not like the guardians that can spec it and be able to do something else while applying it. Awe is a Jedi Knight (guardian and sent) ability that act like a 6 second ''repentance'' like paladins in WoW but AOE... easily break as we put dots on target in 1v1 and in group pvp AOE are common...

If you ever did PVP, and know *** to do, because I know and the sheet of the WZs do tell it too, well you'll or should agree with me that ''WE'' sentinel and marauders get tossed around as much as the Huttball due to pushbacks and we get stunned for 10 to 12 second before our ''RESOLVE'' bar that make us immune to stun when full, is actually full. Let me tell you that a 12 second in pvp mean DEATH. Trick is if we dont have resolute we're dead unless we succeed to pop our defensive cooldown and if resolute is off cooldown we have to use it on the second stun... The main problem isnt the stun as they are it's the DURATION and they should either reduce the duration of those HARD CC that everyone except us got or make the ''resolve'' thing act less like WAR and more like WoW's diminishing return on stuns.

TL;DR

This game isnt melee friendly, you have to thrive to be at the top as a melee and even more as a sentinel.

I agree about the Juggernaut issue. Having relatively the same DPS while having A LOT better survivability and CC is just plain retarded and this should be reconsidered. What do we Sentinels get? Some initial defensive CDs, limited utility and good damage? The only thing we can compete with is damage output. Now that is just wrong for a tankier class to be superior in most aspects and and come so close to the thing we are actually good at. This is just stupid. Why aren't more people playing attention to this?

I've just remodded the crap out of my offhand, I've accepted it does poor damage so have slotted it with as much power and strengh as possible to boost main hand damage while also boosting damage bonus, this while trying to keep crit % at a decent level. seems to work fine as watchman and possibly other specs altho havent tried it out yet.

I agree about the Juggernaut issue. Having relatively the same DPS while having A LOT better survivability and CC is just plain retarded and this should be reconsidered. What do we Sentinels get? Some initial defensive CDs, limited utility and good damage? The only thing we can compete with is damage output. Now that is just wrong for a tankier class to be superior in most aspects and and come so close to the thing we are actually good at. This is just stupid. Why aren't more people playing attention to this?

Because we tried to explain this to Zoeller and others during the Beta and pre-game. They didn't listen to us.

walls of text, everywhere. i was Combat spec but hated that i had no real buff / heal so went Watchman. way better imo. i buff myself up on the way into the fight. if i see a few casters i get towards them and then force camo. they focus on people behind me. i get behind them, overload saber, strike, zealous strike, cauterize, merciless slash and then... well all my big hitters with a few interrupts in between. i also strafe behind people all the time. won a few bgs tonight with that tactic its pretty simple. if you have healers on your side who cotton on and buff you, youll be surprised how well you do.

it goes one of two ways. i run in, i get no support and die very, very fast. or i run in, get a little support, and carve everyone up. damn it feels good chasing a caster while their health runs low, then just as they think they got away... force leap BOOM!!

Edited by bevelian

I think what might help explain this situation is this explanation. Balancing classes on pure DPS number is not a way to balance the classes. You need to take out into account survivability and such. You really should balance the classes by comparing how much damage they can do per second to how much damage they take. I agree with the original poster in that judging between a sentinel/maruder and Guardian/Juggernaut who are both DPS spec the Sentinel should do more damage to offset the fact that we can not mitigate as much damage coming in. The perfect balance although I realize that is almost impossible in anyway MMO is that when a judging the two Advanced Classes is that they should be able to kill the same opponent if the gear is comparable on the two classes. To achieve that though the Sentinel will need to do more damage then the guardian because the guardian will mitigate more of the damage he is taking then the sentinel.

I agree with everything you said except this.

Sentinels and Gunslingers should have slightly more DPS than other classes IMO. Simply because every other class has the option to take on the roles of tanks or healers, while we cannot. Sents and Slingers are DPS ONLY. If they can't out perform other classes in an Op with sustain DPS, than whats the bloody point of playing the class at all? We don't even have CC to make up for it.

Edited by KonduitX