Best gaming mouse?

Black_Rabbit

Like the title suggests, I have had a look at all kind of mice, and it is hard to choose, I do not want to spend a ton of money but I do not want to have to replace it in 6 months.

I never cared much for mice, but as I am increasingly suffering from RSI from my job, I need more and more means to make my life at home as comfortable as possible, and that includes mice too.

I do not mind if it is a steel series, a WoW/diablo/swtor branded mouse, I just want something that gives you a good grip, it is soft and has enough buttons to be useful.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

I just bought the Razer Naga. Corded not Wireless due to so many recommendations telling me the wireless one is not all that great.

But I totally love it. It took me a few hours to get use to the 12 side buttons but it's seriously amazing and I would recommend it to anyone in need of a great mouse.

http://instagr.am/p/eX1E5/

I was thinking about that, it just worries me that 12 might be a bit too much and I end up never using them.

They just introduced a new MMO mouse, with a few less buttons then the Naga. Same size but less buttons.

Welcome the Razer Hex:

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_GB/pd/productID.169418900

I have seen that too, but it won't be out for a while, and chances are that the price will be equal if not superior to a 12 button one.

I've got a Logitech G500. Went to this from a Cyborg R.A.T.7, which was nice feature-wise, but terrible overall. Loud noises from outside make the cursor dance across the screen. Their drivers were buggy most of the time.

Stay away from the Cyborg mice is all.

Logitech, Razer, anything else. Just stay away from Cyborg/Saitek mice.

I've got a Logitech G500. Went to this from a Cyborg R.A.T.7, which was nice feature-wise, but terrible overall. Loud noises from outside make the cursor dance across the screen. Their drivers were buggy most of the time.

Stay away from the Cyborg mice is all.

Logitech, Razer, anything else. Just stay away from Cyborg/Saitek mice.

I have got a G510 keyboard, so I do trust Logitech.

There is one thing which lots of people opinions really vary on, and that is the mouse wheel; Some people like to feel the "clicks" when you roll it, others (like me) likes when is more smooth.

So any insight on that aspect as well?

With me being a fps gamer first, then mmo, i got myself a Razer imperator about a month ago, and i love it, great ddpi, but like i said, its more of a fps mouse, it has 2 extra side buttons, that you can link to 8 abilities i think, ( only linked normal button, and with shift, have not tried alt and ctrl yet)

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_IE/pd/productID.231103900/parentCategoryID.35208800/categoryId.36716200

I didn't buy it from razer itself, but from another retailer for 80 €

I prefer not to have too many buttons on my mouse, so I picked up a Logitech G110 keyboard and Microsoft HKA-00001 SideWinder mouse. With 12 extra programmable keys on the keyboard, that's enough for me. I use the mouse for forward/back and the usual left/right clicking. I like having the ability to customize the weight and feel (comes with a set of different feet) of my mouse. Outrageous rig? No. I prefer fairly simple stuff. That's not meant to criticize the Naga or other gear. I seriously looked at the Naga but felt that my style wouldn't incorporate all of it's nice features. Edited by Bamajawn

I've got a Razer NAGA and Nostromo I use for the game. I only touch the keyboard for chat.

Using those in tandem has a bit of the learning curve as you build up the muscle memory, but it's worth it. I never have to look down at my hands in a battle to double-check I'm lined up correctly with the keys and buttons.