Stephen Reid/@Rockjaw: Your EGA tears are not real issues

Mazinger-Zetto

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/146967418332397568

Okay, whether you believe he's in the right or not, this is poor community relations. As someone who has worked support, this would have gotten me fired.

Even if you ignore a customer's issues, you never verbally marginalize it. Never.

They aren't real issues.

I don't see how it's bad customer service to basically tell people "You have to wait your turn as we have said ALL ALONG, now please let me help people who are allowed to play but are having problems."

Telling people to wait their turn or wait in line is never bad customer service.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real issues? Maybe it's not an issue he can help with, but it's not a REAL issue?

No. It's not even an issue PERIOD. The pre-order page has always stated that it would be rolled out. It wasn't even supposed to start until tomorrow.

Grow up kids.

After reading the first few pages of posts on the newly cleaned up forums, I can totally understand why any BW employee would want to avoid it like the plague.

lol, personal feelings should rarely be followed when working as customer service. Otherwise 70% of us would be banned and/or cursed out repeatedly.

During WAR launch one of GOA's employees came out with a forum post which was very similar to this twitter by Reid. The situation was also very similar to this. That guy, I cannot remember his name as he is fallen into the pit of nothingness, was fired after a few weeks.

Customer Service IS important. The guy should know better.

yea man.... EA is trying to restrict BW's ability to run the game..... I think reid got pissed today and told them off.... otherwise EA would never allow the behaivor or this good communication... its not in EA's profile to do it....

GJ Reid

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/146967418332397568

Okay, whether you believe he's in the right or not, this is poor community relations. As someone who has worked support, this would have gotten me fired.

Even if you ignore a customer's issues, you never verbally marginalize it. Never.

Its not an issue when people had the opportunity to get into the game and/or are not willing to wait.

He answers a lot of tech related questions amongst other things. If he cant read problems, he cant help people that need it.

No. It's not even an issue PERIOD. The pre-order page has always stated that it would be rolled out. It wasn't even supposed to start until tomorrow.

Grow up kids.

Some common, er uncommon I suppose, sense? No way. Hide before the flames come!

Its not an issue when people had the opportunity to get into the game and/or are not willing to wait.

He answers a lot of tech related questions amongst other things. If he cant read problems, he cant help people that need it.

he has been gagged and cuffed by EA policy.... EA owns Bioware.... EA did this to mark jacobs in mythic for warhammer online.....

Mr Reid must have chewed out EA today to get the gag removed.... props

It doesn't matter at the end of it because if the people crying about these things aren't given access ont eh first day they are still going to whine on about it until they get access. The reality is all these crybabies are really a small group making a lot of noise and burdening the support system down until they get that toy/candy they're crying about.

When people cite "entitlement" this is what they're talking about. What's worse is no amout of logic or reason will work unless they get in they're going to wax on as much as we attempt to point out their errorenous ways and bad decisions and failure at comprehension.

I'd like them all to just quit and go away to whatever MMO they want to destory next. This is why SWG failed and other MMO's struggle. YOu just can't please everyone. At least in EVE they are upfront and direct about their stance on these cry babies. you dont like it, don't play, that game is for those that enjoy it and they aren't going to change it because a handful of vocal people are going to whine and whine and whine until they ruin the game.

Cry all you want, hopefully you are all jedi because you are weak and unfit for the ways of the sith and I want to be able to destory you on the glorious battlefield.

:wea_03: :wea_03: :wea_03: :wea_03:

There is quite a difference between working as support in 1 on 1 environment and working as CM in a gaming industry... for example if it would be a real 1v1 situation, he would never say that, but on twitter he gets to invoke the sympathies of the silent majority, which is what really counts here.

That's funny, I always though a CM should invoke the sympathies of every (potential) customer, not just a minority.

Well aint that something.

it doesn't matter at the end of it because if the people crying about these things aren't given access ont eh first day they are still going to whine on about it until they get access. The reality is all these crybabies are really a small group making a lot of noise and burdening the support system down until they get that toy/candy they're crying about.

When people cite "entitlement" this is what they're talking about. What's worse is no amout of logic or reason will work unless they get in they're going to wax on as much as we attempt to point out their errorenous ways and bad decisions and failure at comprehension.

I'd like them all to just quit and go away to whatever mmo they want to destory next. This is why swg failed and other mmo's struggle. You just can't please everyone. At least in eve they are upfront and direct about their stance on these cry babies. You dont like it, don't play, that game is for those that enjoy it and they aren't going to change it because a handful of vocal people are going to whine and whine and whine until they ruin the game.

Cry all you want, hopefully you are all jedi because you are weak and unfit for the ways of the sith and i want to be able to destory you on the glorious battlefield.

no! Dont destory me! It is the only selling point of the game nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by Ergonaut

It doesn't matter at the end of it because if the people crying about these things aren't given access ont eh first day they are still going to whine on about it until they get access. The reality is all these crybabies are really a small group making a lot of noise and burdening the support system down until they get that toy/candy they're crying about.

I'd like them all to just quit and go away to whatever MMO they want to destory next. This is why SWG failed and other MMO's struggle. YOu just can't please everyone. At least in EVE they are upfront and direct about their stance on these cry babies. you dont like it, don't play, that game is for those that enjoy it and they aren't going to change it because a handful of vocal people are going to whine and whine and whine until they ruin the game.

Cry all you want, hopefully you are all jedi because you are weak and unfit for the ways of the sith and I want to be able to destory you on the glorious battlefield.

SWG Failed because they took a good and working game and changed it to crap... imo :D.

Also, I would have been more than happy to wait for my invitation if I knew about staggered release beforehand, however, my only knowledge of early access as of yesterday morning was that it started sometime before the 20th and that swtor.com said I could play now. Many people say it's my fault that I didn't look into it more first, and I can understand that, but it still doesn't excuse Bioware's lie that they still haven't taken down.

Edited by Indurin

wow......threads like this really show how dillusional and STUPID people are

give it to them straight Stephen Reid

EDIT: it should be noted I read the OP and then a few below commenting on unprofessionalism

no idea what happened on the other 50 odd pages

Edited by Kalliadies

SWG Failed because they took a good and working game and changed it to crap... imo :D.

Also, I would have been more than happy to wait for my invitation if I knew about staggered release beforehand, however, my only knowledge of early access as of yesterday morning was that it started sometime before the 20th and that swtor.com said I could play now. Many people say it's my fault that I didn't look into it more first, and I can understand that, but it still doesn't excuse Bioware's lie that they still haven't taken down.

You're right on SWG but it was also because they were trying to compete with WOW instead of just doing their own thing but then with NGE, they axed crafters becasue they wanted to change the damaged model at that point to a profit system where you needed to buy those stupid trading cards in the HOPE of getting a new building or armor or whatever and just drove themselves deeper on the pike. I'm glad that game is dead and instead of going out with a bang (like in ragnarok) they went out with a whimper overshadowed by SWTOR.

On the other, it was very obvious to me on what their model was going ot be like and I read the data. I didn't really care either becuase I've been through so many MMO releases, it takes a good week or so to settle down anyway and if I got to get in early sweet, if only a day still sweet. I was even more overjoyed that they decided to release 2 days earlier than their origianl "15th" timeline so that was just an added bonus and based on their current esitmates I'm looking at tomorrow or Friday which still nets me a 4 day head start...which is pretty close the the potnetial 1 day I was seeing and closer to the 5 day that people who pre-ordered back in July did that I figured they were going to get. So really...I dont see what the fuss is still about other than what I pointed out, unless all the people making a stink about it got in day one they still aren't going to be happy and the danger is the same, if bioware caves, it would give me, a more hardcore player serious pause about the games future (where if anyone crys loud enough they will cave into the demands like a bad parent instead of what's doing right by the game and community).

This is just another typical example of how over-priviaged and self entitled people think the rest of the world revolves around them.

since when did "customer service" mean you have to let a customer walk all over you? And when did being a "faithfull customer mean you were owed ANYTHING more than the next person in line?

I worked retail customer service for 4 years while putting myself through school and I gotta tell ya, I went out of my way to help eash and every customer...right up until one thought I OWED them something I did NOT. My favorite momest working customer service were when I basically told someone to get lost and they demaded to see the manager. I would say "fine, he'll be right out!" then I would go trough the backroom doors, and immediately return and introduce myself as the manager, then politely tell them to wait their damn turn or get lost.

p.s. IBTL

You're right on SWG but it was also because they were trying to compete with WOW instead of just doing their own thing but then with NGE, they axed crafters becasue they wanted to change the damaged model at that point to a profit system where you needed to buy those stupid trading cards in the HOPE of getting a new building or armor or whatever and just drove themselves deeper on the pike. I'm glad that game is dead and instead of going out with a bang (like in ragnarok) they went out with a whimper overshadowed by SWTOR.

On the other, it was very obvious to me on what their model was going ot be like and I read the data. I didn't really care either becuase I've been through so many MMO releases, it takes a good week or so to settle down anyway and if I got to get in early sweet, if only a day still sweet. I was even more overjoyed that they decided to release 2 days earlier than their origianl "15th" timeline so that was just an added bonus and based on their current esitmates I'm looking at tomorrow or Friday which still nets me a 4 day head start...which is pretty close the the potnetial 1 day I was seeing and closer to the 5 day that people who pre-ordered back in July did that I figured they were going to get. So really...I dont see what the fuss is still about other than what I pointed out, unless all the people making a stink about it got in day one they still aren't going to be happy and the danger is the same, if bioware caves, it would give me, a more hardcore player serious pause about the games future (where if anyone crys loud enough they will cave into the demands like a bad parent instead of what's doing right by the game and community).

I agree for the most part, I wouldn't want them to change their plans just because people aren't happy with the way things are working after one day. However, companies like Bioware, especially at times like this, need to go out of their way to avoid misunderstandings like the one posted on the main page. I was severely screwed over by it, and I have reported it in every way I could think of. Threads that were closed, pms ignored or automated responses, even waited on hold for two hours to get through to a customer service rep who just hung up on me. Because of that false bit of information, i'm going to miss most of the early access, if not all of it. Ideally, to make up for that they would have changed it and gave me access early. But while that would've been nice, I didn't really expect it to happen and I would've been happy with a simple apology or even them saying something sarcastic like 'We're sorry, now have a cookie.' Instead, not only have they flat out ignored it, they still haven't changed the sentence on the website, and that tells me that it's intentional. Pre-order's from the website are still available, and someone might very well log onto the website, see that one sentence, and be like 'Oh, if I preorder i can play now?' and order it without looking for anymore information. That would obviously lead to more complaining and whining, and it's something Bioware could easily avoid if they cared to even alter a simple sentence.

Edited by Indurin

This is just another typical example of how over-priviaged and self entitled people think the rest of the world revolves around them.

Id say this about Reid and alot of the mods of this community that obviously think they're more important than the rest of us. This whole God complex as they run around on their little power trips. Lets make fun of the customers that got screwed by our policy as our forums mods and fanboys silence anyone with an opinion about it. This is sickening and that Reid guy? Yeah, he should be fired. Ive been following this game since before we even knew it was an mmo. I've spent countless hours beta testing this game without even a thank you and right now Im on the verge of cancelling this preorder simply because I dont feel like being treated like a second class citizen.

Cry more. I know. Grow up. Mhm. This is not how you treat customers.

I can only laugh at this thread as I went to work immediately after posting it and kind of watched it snowball all day.

First and foremost, let me say that while I did send him a few tweets, if you look at his history he's been actually fielding issues all day. I had just followed him that morning and that scrolled across the screen, so I posted it.

Second, let me say to the other support veterans, when I did support, it was supporting the financial systems of clients that pumped, individually, thousands of dollars into the company a month (auto industry). While this pales in comparison to your MMO subscriber, a public gaffe on something as pan-spanning as Twitter may as well cost more than just a single subscriber's dollars. (Cue the crowd that says 'good' but EA loves its monies)

For clarification, this has very little to do with the actual EGA. Quite frankly, had it been posted beforehand with a definitive plan, I would be all for it. I could know I could let the issue die until say... Friday. But without knowing the exact process, all you can do is bang away at your inbox and monitor the forums and get frustrated with each button push.

And quite frankly, they seem to be "all or nothing" on pleasing the users and have determined "why bother" if they are going to get *****ed at anyway. I would settle for mollifying as many people as I could with well-thought out explanations and details on how things will progress so users had an idea on how this was going to impact them. And even if it all did not go to plan, then you can still tell them what went wrong. Posing as the all-mysterious developers whose details are not for us mere mortals further enflame things. It does not show any solidarity between community and the developers.

So while this has little to do with the EGA, it has everything to do with tone and respect for the base. I bought this on Best Buy and all they said was early access. Anyway, the launch of an MMO is the courtship period for your subscriber base and name a successful MMO that's been more tightlipped about how things are going.

At the very least with your normal MMO launch, everyone is having the same experience and are a lot more forgiving (since said experience is par for the course). Again, the EGA staggering would not have been an issue if more PR care was taken and that's the crux of the point. The CM has been poor for those stuck on the outside.

Anyway, continue on with your calls of entitlement (Good lord, how dare you expect above-Comcast quality service) and "first-world-problems" (because God forbid that after you've eliminated the third-world, there's no room for improvement).