Stephen Reid/@Rockjaw: Your EGA tears are not real issues

Mazinger-Zetto

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/146967418332397568

Okay, whether you believe he's in the right or not, this is poor community relations. As someone who has worked support, this would have gotten me fired.

Even if you ignore a customer's issues, you never verbally marginalize it. Never.

sure on the same level of calling the fire department to come take a look at your smoke detectors.

They have a system to let people in. It's a system that people have known about for a long time.

They are not changing their system. So asking him to change it is useless and wastes time and resources that could be use to help people who say are actually having account issues.

I think the comment was brilliant. Getting into the game for EARLY ACCESS, which if you remember is actually BEFORE THE ACTUAL RELEASE DATE, is not a REAL ISSUE. Hell, when I worked at Best Buy in my younger years, I said much worse to customers who talked down to me or treated me like crap.

The customer IS NOT always right when the customer steps over the line of disrespect.

This ^

If you actually worked in customer service anywhere you would know that once the line of civility is crossed you, as a customer representative, have the right to either call your manager to 'handle' the customer or 'handle' the customer yourself. By handle I mean threaten to call security or asking them to leave, etc... I do face to face customer service six days a week and can tell you that the customer is only right as long as they are civil. Losing one sale is a nonissue if it stems from a disrespectful and threatening customer.(at least to management)

Now I don't know how 'respectful' the OP was, but I am not going to give him the benefit of the doubt since he seems to not be understanding of what early access is and how it works even though that was explained for months in advance. Stephen Reid is pretty much the boss of customer relations here and has the right to treat such 'customers' that way if you do infact hassle him for issues that aren't real issues.

Let us be honest here. This whole early access issue is not a real issue. Everyone knew that BW was going to do a gradual integration of the preorder population. We knew it would be dependant on when you preordered and we knew it would start the 15th(thankfully it started earlier on the 13th). Complaining about not being in now is not a valid complaint on these forums, on twitter, facebook, real life, other dimensions, etc... So don't kid yourselves when you say this is a real issue. Now is it an issue? Yeah for you and any others that share that kind of attitude, perception of things, schema, etc... It is a personal issue and it is obvious that it is due to the behavior of said people. This personal matter has exposed these people's true characters and has really put a damper on the future prosperity of this community. You are entitled to create thread after thread on this matter, but don't expect sympathy from Bioware or any of us who understand that this is early access for preorders and not free ride week. Don't look for justification to your woes. It is better to just have issue and acknowledge it is personal and not act high and mighty thus elevating the matter.

There aint so such thing as a free lunch. We are all paying for it, one way or another.

Congrats, Heinlen is rolling in his graves from your misuse of his economics defining quote.

You're not only a bad fan to Bioware. You're a bad fan to Heinlen.

Now hang your head in shame.

Um right and when you get in BEFORE the actual launch on the 20th BW will have lived up to its end of the bargain. So tell me wheres the issue again?

There is no issue, there is only the whine. May the whine be with you. It is certainly strong in this one.

Really? So i guess we're not really paying them to play right? They're just offering the game as a present ..

RIGHT?

LMFAO. NO YOU'RE NOT PAYING THEM ANYTHING FOR THIS FREE GAME TIME. This is still the day before the schedule, these two days were only added like last week.

No. Everyone should be able to play now. We payed the same amount of money.

This isn't technically true, they have had the money for the people that pre-ordered earlier in the bank longer making interest. They are repaying those people for the interest they made on their money by letting them in earlier.

In my opinion his main channel of communicating with the SW:TOR community should be on the forums...

official forums, i cant be arsed to create a acc on twiddle just to get an update of sorts...

Oh lord not this argument again. Consider twitter a free bonus, like facebook - they have much more redundancy and more uptime - perfect for a launch when stuff goes wrong and you may not even be able to get on the forum - or find a thread through the nonsense.

sure on the same level of calling the fire department to come take a look at your smoke detectors.

They have a system to let people in. It's a system that people have known about for a long time.

They are not changing their system. So asking him to change it is useless and wastes time and resources that could be use to help people who say are actually having account issues.

No one's life is at risk here.

There is no problem really. They said it would be staggered invites, there are staggered invites.

I just cannot believe the whining about this. It is embarrassing almost.

"I want and you are suppose to give it to me because darn it, I want it and you suck if you do not give it to me...blah, blah, blah."

Give it a rest already and go do something else while you wait.

LMFAO. NO YOU'RE NOT PAYING THEM ANYTHING FOR THIS FREE GAME TIME. This is still the day before the schedule, these two days were only added like last week.

even more then that . You don't end up "paying " for the game until Dec 20th. Thats when the billing cycle starts and you are given your free month.

In my opinion his main channel of communicating with the SW:TOR community should be on the forums...

official forums, i cant be arsed to create a acc on twiddle just to get an update of sorts...

The thing is, that with the number of followers he gets for his twitter account from SW:TOR he'll be in a much stronger negotiating position with a new potential employer once he leaves Bioware.

Oh lord not this argument again. Consider twitter a free bonus, like facebook - they have much more redundancy and more uptime - perfect for a launch when stuff goes wrong and you may not even be able to get on the forum - or find a thread through the nonsense.

A free bonus? How is it a bonus when the forums are all but ignored?

Real issues? Maybe it's not an issue he can help with, but it's not a REAL issue?

No, because UP TO FIVE DAYS, does not entitle you to get in on day ONE of SEVEN day Early Access.

0 is still UP TO 5, and they guaranteed everyone will get SOME.

So yes, the raging, and QQing and tauntrums about it are NOT real issues.

As he should, people need to cut the crap "ZOMG!! I DIDNT GET IT!!"" Yes it sucks, I didnt get in either, get over it whining isnt gonna make it go faster. We all wanna play but technically speaking they do not have to let any of us play, they didnt promise ANYONE seven days or even 5 days, they said "up to five days." Why is this sooooo hard for people?? I'm not normally this aggressive with my points but all the threads on this are really starting to irritate me. You will get in, learn some patience, and lets get something WORTH discussing on the forums. And tweeting the community manage ************ that you didnt get in first wave doesnt help you.

even more then that . You don't end up "paying " for the game until Dec 20th. Thats when the billing cycle starts and you are given your free month.

There aint no such thing as a free lunch. Google it. Now.

We are paying for the EGA. We are paying for that first month.

The thing is, that with the number of followers he gets for his twitter account from SW:TOR he'll be in a much stronger negotiating position with a new potential employer once he leaves Bioware.

idd...

and at the same time twitter makes a bundle for all the clicks..

That's exactly what he is doing. If you go to Dev Tracker you will see numerous CS posts made by him. ;)