When to switch weapons

MadHobbit

I have a lvl 17 merc,my question is when should I thnk about upgradeing to another set of guns? right now I have the great hunt gun and the one from perk pack. I have upgraded both of them a bit as I had to switch to yellow crystals.

But is their some good times (lvls)to "switch up"? and any guns to look for or to avoid?

or should I just keep them and upgrade stuff as time goes by?

First orange guns I got from Kaas (Interceptor I think they were called) I kept until I hit level 50, in fact I still use them as my DPS guns. I just modded them as I leveled with new mods (barrels etc.) with the commendations I got from questing. There isn't really any need to switch guns when you get orange ones, unless you get a nice drop somewhere and can use that instead and keep your commendations for something else. Edited by Mooby

First orange guns I got from Kaas (Interceptor I think they were called) I kept until I hit level 50, in fact I still use them as my DPS guns. I just modded them as I leveled with new mods (barrels etc.) with the commendations I got from questing. There isn't really any need to switch guns when you get orange ones, unless you get a nice drop somewhere and can use that instead and keep your commendations for something else.

QFT. I did that all the way to 50 too, with all my gear. Replaced with purples when I hit 50. I still have 4 orange pistols in the Cargo Hold :)

QFT. I still have 4 orange pistols in the Cargo Hold

You lucky dog you. I've got 8 orange pistols in my cargo hold (and 2 equipped), 5 orange helmets, 3 chests, 2 legs, 3 boots, 3 gloves....my bank is about to burst just for my love of customization if necessary...

Every once in a while you might stumble across a blue (or more rarely a green) gun that has better stats than your modded orange. At that point I generally tuck the orange away until the next planet and upgrade mods when it once again outclasses the static stats of the gun I found.

But until end game, orange gear will always be viable so long as you keep the mods up to date.

Edited by MissTrips
spelling