PvP Relics

Ashes_Arizona

So today I got an unassembled front line force Champions relic in one of my PvP bags.

I was like...woo yay finally a reward for all the PvP slogging I'm doing.

So I go and turn it in for an appropriately Jugg/Immortal version, which gives 220 to Shield Rating and Absorb for 20 seconds and I'm like...yay purple relic.

Then I look at my level 47 blue relic, which does the exact same thing other than having 165 to Shield Rating and Absorb for 20 seconds, +41 endurance.

The Level 50 purple Champion relic has no stats at all, just the 220 to Shield and Absorb for 20 seconds.

Is there any specific reason why I'd want to swap this purple piece of trash out with my level 47 blue simply cause its purple? Cause...seriously it has no stats at all, no stats, nothing, no expertise, no endurance, nada.

Its just a useless level 50 clicky. Thanks? I guess? Problem with your itemization lists maybe? Possibly?

Isnt the matrix cubes better anyway? Also shield/absorb is worthless in pvp.

Well yeah it is, but I'm Immortal spec'd so other than being nearly impossible to kill I'm fairly worthless in PvP, so I just went with what might work best for my spec.

And I need to go back and try to do a level 50 Matrix Cube I tried it pre-50 and it gave me some crappy level 26 relic and I couldn't get the level 50 combos to work.

Well yeah it is, but I'm Immortal spec'd so other than being nearly impossible to kill I'm fairly worthless in PvP, so I just went with what might work best for my spec.

And I need to go back and try to do a level 50 Matrix Cube I tried it pre-50 and it gave me some crappy level 26 relic and I couldn't get the level 50 combos to work.

I think you only get 2 or 3? shots at a relic. Sorry you wasted one lol.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

You can break that relic apart so you get back the power shards. You'll need to buy a Matrix Disassembler (around 20k) to do it.

There are some good guides around, like http://www.republictrooper.com/datacron-locations/ and http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/ plus a ton of YouTube vids to help you find the ones you need. There's also guides that tell you what color combination gives which results: http://segmentnext.com/2011/12/25/swtor-matrix-cubes-guide-how-to-craft-power-and-store-them/

If you are Light V you can get blue Paragon tanking relics for lvl 50 from the GTN. Those sell cheap on my server, I think Treasure Hunting has a chance to get them.

Edited by Calidusc

I whole-heartedly agree with the OP about the PvP relics. They are absolute trash. They are all OUE (On use effect) trinkets that dispite not having any take to the bank solid stats are just garbage 3min cool down placeholders. They should have END and/or Exp.

I tossed the 6 I've gotten so far to the closest vender and got myself a level 50 blue BOE version that has endurance and power with the OUE being more power. The Matrix cube you assemble yourself is about the best you can get but I pity you if you need the melee dps version as you'll be farming Rataka cubes on Belasavis for 20+ hours for a Blue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.